Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(17 Posts)
12Michael Sun 08-Apr-18 06:49:59

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey but its dry outside this morning in brackley , bad news wise woke up to find no hot water in flat so will contact anchor .
Mick

Baggs Sun 08-Apr-18 07:23:40

Good morning, Mick. Sorry to hear you bad news about hot water. I hope you get the problem sorted soon.

I've shed a few tears this morning reading about the charity Climbing Out directed by Kelda Wood, which has helped victims of the Manchester Arena attack. I'm sure it'll be in other people's news sources too. Should you wish to you can donate at justgiving.com/climbingout

Morning, everyone!

Pittcity Sun 08-Apr-18 07:41:31

Good morning from rainy Colchester. Glad we got the gardening done yesterday. Had planned a walk today....☔

NanKate Sun 08-Apr-18 07:58:49

Morning Mick and All.

Sorry to hear about the water situation Mick hope they sort it quickly.

Rain due all day in South Bucks.

We are very fortunate to have a brilliant amateur dramatics society in a village nearby. The put on 4 productions a year. They have kindly agreed to us watching the Dress Rehearsal today as we will be away the next two weekends when they are performing. It’s an old comedy but can’t remember the name.

Have a good Sunday folks.

Gagagran Sun 08-Apr-18 08:04:56

Morning everyone!

Looks like a thick cloud layer here on the south coast and my newly-washed patio flags look damp (but very clean!).

Nothing much planned for today but something is sure to crop up. Hope the day is a good one for all GNs. sunshine

kittylester Sun 08-Apr-18 08:06:38

Morning all.

It is brightish with a few clouds in North Leicestershire and forecast to remain dry. That is good as we didn't garden yesterday. We went to the garden centre for a bit of research and came away with yet more Angels Fishing Rods - I am determined to grow some in my garden.

We have had a strange night. Bertie has been in hospital with a bad asthma attack but seems to be on the mend. And he has a referral to an asthma clinic.

Sorry to hear about your water Mick - I can't imagine not being able to have a shower first thing.

NanKate Sun 08-Apr-18 08:09:16

Sorry to hear about Bertie Kitty hope he makes a quick recovery.

Marydoll Sun 08-Apr-18 08:11:57

Good morning Mick and everyone here.

Hope you get your hot water fixed Mick.

Planning to tidy up the garage, before my husband comes back from his jolly in Aberdeen. That way I can throw out the rubbish, without him interfering.
DD stayed overnight which was lovely. Off to get fresh rolls for her breakfast, it's just lovely having her back home, but oh so nice to have the peace and quiet when she leaves. grin. She is like a tornado.
Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

Marydoll Sun 08-Apr-18 08:15:36

KittY, sorry to hear about Bertie. We had the same with our son and now our two year old granddaughter. It's so frightening for the wee ones. I hope he is on the mend very quickly.
This time of the year was also bad for my children, for them it was the start of the hay fever season which triggered off attacks. .

Baggs Sun 08-Apr-18 08:28:04

Can you make use of your Tornado Daughter for the garage rubbish, mdoll? wink

Get well vibes for Bertie.

ginny Sun 08-Apr-18 08:38:21

Good morning.
Dull and damp in N. Bucks.
Various family members visiting today so better get cracking.

Anniebach Sun 08-Apr-18 08:49:51

Good morning all from Mid Wales, raining

harrigran Sun 08-Apr-18 08:51:22

Good morning, it is grey but dry this morning.
Get well soon Bertie.
Quiet day for us without family.

Greyduster Sun 08-Apr-18 09:14:33

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. A dry day in prospect for South Yorkshire. GS is coming over later to stay overnight, and I have therefore offered to cook lunch again. Perhaps I let my enthusiasm run away with me, as I simply don’t feel like it today. Glad Bertie is doing okay now, kitty ?. Have a good day, folks.

ninathenana Sun 08-Apr-18 09:14:59

Morning all.

Damp in Kent with more rain forecast. I was up at 5am feeling yuck, went back to bed and have just surfaced again feeling better. H left for the allotment whilst I was still in bed

Wishing Bertie a speedy recovery.

Mapleleaf Sun 08-Apr-18 09:39:56

Good morning, everyone.
A grey but dry morning here, too. I hope it stays dry because I would like to get the front grass cut if possible.
Hope you get the hot water sorted, Mick.
Wishing Bertie a speedy recovery too, kitty.
Hope you get your mojo back, Greyduster.

NfkDumpling Sun 08-Apr-18 09:56:09

Morning All

We got back late Friday from our 'holiday' in India. Four tiger reserves and daily hectic jeep rides searching for wildlife has left us a bit shattered. Washing done and dried outside yesterday and Best Beloved has taken over the ironing. I'm still all upside down and keep falling asleep all over place. My laptop has only now decided to speak to the router but is still not receiving emails. Perhaps there's too many in the pipeline.

I intend to do nothing else today other than download and sort (and delete) some of the hundreds of photos we took.