Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(14 Posts)
12Michael Tue 10-Apr-18 06:16:02

Good Morning Everyone,
Its wet outside here in brackley, no wind at the moment.
My reason to get this done, watching commonwealth games cycling time trials.
Mick

Situpstraight Tue 10-Apr-18 06:25:10

Morning Mike

What a surprise! rain again, 4 th day in a row.

Out with the GCs again today, good job they brought their wet weather gear with them. I think the weather in the West Country ( where they live) is quite Spring like.

Have a good day watching the Games Mike.

Have a good day everybody

NanKate Tue 10-Apr-18 06:45:43

Morning Mick and All.

Enjoy the time trials I will check them out too Mick.

It’s our WI Birthday lunch today. The committee put on a delicious ploughman’s with yummie puds to follow.

Grey and miserable in South Bucks AGAIN ?

cornergran Tue 10-Apr-18 06:50:29

Morning All. Certainly not Spring like in our corner of Somerset, unless it’s the water type, Grey old morning, big puddles so heavy rain recently. Busy day ahead after not much sleep. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

NfkDumpling Tue 10-Apr-18 06:52:05

Morning All

Very soggy here in Norfolk after overnight rain. It’s stopped now though and didn’t feel tooo cold when I took some scraps out to the bird table for our friendly rook. Probably because there’s little wind. The nice lady on our local forecast last evening pointed out the temperatures for last year at this time. 25C!!!!!

kittylester Tue 10-Apr-18 06:54:22

Morning Mick, sus, Kate, all.

It's pickling down in North Leicestershire and looks set in for the day. I am volunteering on a Alzheimer's Society course only a couple of miles away. The downside being that the car park is a long walk from the venue - in the rain. Drowned rat is not a good look!

Enjoy your lunch Kate

Nana3 Tue 10-Apr-18 07:33:06

Good morning. Rain here in Lancashire too, the afternoons are brightening up though.
Enjoy your lunch NanKate, I also have WI today.
Sorry about your lack of sleep cornergran, good luck with your busy day.
Have a good day everyone.

Gagagran Tue 10-Apr-18 07:37:33

Good Morning all!

It looks damp again here on the south coast but the sky is lighter and brighter than yesterday so fingers crossed it is a better day.

I made more progress in the Great British Garage Decluttering yesterday - even found a fish kettle I had forgotten I had. It's going to the charity shop along with a big box of other former essentials. DH has three boxes of wires, computer accessories and old telephones and cables to sort out into one (small) box today. We are making progress!

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs. sunshine

Marydoll Tue 10-Apr-18 07:52:53

Good morning all.
Rain here again.sad
Hairdressers today and generally catching up with tasks.
Sleepless night due to joint paint, so a gentle day today. DH will undoubtedly be watching the Commonwealth Games, so I'll leave him to it.

ginny Tue 10-Apr-18 07:58:12

Good morning all.
Another wet, dull day here in N.Bucks too.
DD3 and DGS coming this morning for a quick trip to Costco.
Will be preparing projects for craft club later on.

Greyduster Tue 10-Apr-18 08:05:44

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. It is hissing down in South Yorkshire this morning. I think we may be joining you in watching the Games today, Mick - too wet to do anything else. Sorry you had a sleepless night! Corner - don’t knock yourself out today. Have a good day, folks.

Pittcity Tue 10-Apr-18 08:16:51

Good morning from a wet, misty Colchester. There are some local fog problems. Think I'll stay put and do a bit of housework and catchup TV. DH has gone fishing so it will be peaceful until teenage DS gets up after lunch!

Mapleleaf Tue 10-Apr-18 08:28:53

Good morning everyone,
A very wet morning it is, too. It started yesterday teatime here and hasn’t stopped since. If this continues we’ll need an Ark!
I cut my back lawn on Friday and I’m sure it’s sprouted a good inch since then! I cut the front on Sunday and I swear it’s catching up fast ??. Oh well, at least it looks nice and green.
Those of you watching the Commomwealth games today, enjoy. I’ll be settling down with my book later if this rain keeps up!

Anniebach Tue 10-Apr-18 08:36:24

Good morning all from Mid Wales, yes raining