Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(20 Posts)
12Michael Wed 11-Apr-18 06:32:46

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey but it is dry here in Brackley this morning.
Mick

kittylester Wed 11-Apr-18 06:41:26

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's raining in North Leicestershire but that's to be expected as I'm doing the school run.

Enjoy your Wednesdays everyone!

MawBroon Wed 11-Apr-18 06:42:13

Good morning Mick and all to come.
I am still in Birmingham where it is grey but seems to have stopped raining (at last) but going home later today.
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

cornergran Wed 11-Apr-18 06:50:36

Morning All. Grey and damp in our corner of Somerset, now there’s a surprise. Catch up day today if I can muster some enthusiasm. Travel safely mawand kitty. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

Gagagran Wed 11-Apr-18 07:03:52

Good Morning all!

The sun is up here on the south coast - a welcome visitor after all the grey damp and rain.

After the marathon efforts of the Great British Garage Clearing (still not quite finished) I am having a day off today to catch up on some domestic chores. DH is going out with his bike club and I have choir this evening. (We are feeling quite smug about the garage though! grin)

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

Marydoll Wed 11-Apr-18 07:07:23

Morning all, dry but chilly here in Glasgow.
DH away to play golf, so peace and quiet for a few hours.
On standby to pick DIL and DGD up, if the fault in her car can't be fixed.
Off to Berlin on Monday, so doing the usual agonising of what to pack. ?
After all these years of holidaying, I still never get it right.
Enjoy your day, everyone.

Situpstraight Wed 11-Apr-18 07:15:51

Morning everyone, still raining here, where is it all coming from?
Last full day with the GCs, so we’re off to have lunch with DD2, or coffee and a cake as GCs are now proper teenagers and don’t get out of bed until 10.30, so won’t be hungry after a late breakfast.
When they were tots it was 5am latest when they woke up so I much prefer it now.
Have a good day everybody.

ninathenana Wed 11-Apr-18 07:19:32

Morning all

The sun hasn't reached Kent yet Gaga I am soo fed up of grey skies and damp. Not actually raining at the moment.
Have a good day everyone.

Nana3 Wed 11-Apr-18 07:38:17

Good morning. The forecast is dry and bright in Lancashire. Two dgc coming today, it's going to be busy.
Have a good day everyone.

Pittcity Wed 11-Apr-18 07:40:03

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. More gloomy dampness today.
Usual Wednesday coffee meet up in town this morning followed by lunch and a massage at the house of one of the ladies.

NanKate Wed 11-Apr-18 07:51:25

Morning Mick Kitty an All.

Grey and dull AGAIN in South Bucks.

Coming down with the lurgy tickly throat, runny nose. Keep well away from me. ?

NannyJan53 Wed 11-Apr-18 07:53:11

Good morning from a dull and grey Nantwich.

Having a lovely time at Alvaston Hall, and hopefully rain has stopped today! Off to Chester later. .

Mum is enjoying herself, good food and bopping in the evenings .

Enjoy your day everyone.

Greyduster Wed 11-Apr-18 08:01:46

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Cold, damp and grey in South Yorkshire this morning and no sign of relief from it. We have to wait in for someone to call today, one of those “we can’t give you a time” jobbies, so nothing planned. I may bake if we can’t get out. Have a good day folks.

Anniebach Wed 11-Apr-18 08:15:32

Good morning all, a surprise today, it's raining in Mid Wales

ginny Wed 11-Apr-18 08:16:25

Good morning.
Raining here in N. Bucks so, dull and cloudy.
Some ironing to do and Yoga later this morning. Might pop round to see a friend this afternoon if she is home.

harrigran Wed 11-Apr-18 08:27:41

Good morning, damp and grey but the fog is lifting.
DH is out this afternoon so I will probably finish the book I am reading about growing up in my northern town. It is written by a man about ten years younger than me and a bit over dramatised but I will finish it.

12Michael Wed 11-Apr-18 09:08:51

might interest
www.gov.uk/government/news/free-bus-passes-for-older-and-disabled-people-protected-for-the-future

Mapleleaf Wed 11-Apr-18 09:47:00

Good morning everyone,
Still cold, grey and wet in South Yorkshire. Keep putting the supermarket shop off, but must make the effort today.

Thank you for posting the link, Mick. I’m sure many will be relieved to read that news. I’vea bit to go yet before I can apply, and quite possibly the goal posts will have been moved by then, but for those to whom it applies for now, a relief indeed.?

NfkDumpling Wed 11-Apr-18 09:56:50

Morning All

Very misty in Norfolk this morning, I don’t think I’ll get the washing dry.

Thanks for that link Mick, its good to know. There was a lot of concern around here that we may loose the passes completely.

tessagee Wed 11-Apr-18 16:40:49

Thank you 12Michael for the link about concessionary bus passes. My pass is used daily so am pleased to find that it isn't in danger of being revoked any time soon.