Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(15 Posts)
12Michael Fri 13-Apr-18 06:36:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry start have had some rain , I am hoping that the wind direction changes to give much milder and warmer weather here in brackley this morning.
Mick

Marydoll Fri 13-Apr-18 06:47:29

Good morning Mick and all who follow.
Damp and grey here in Glasgow.
We have DGD today, but unsure what we will do. All the museums, shopping centres will be busy, as the schoolchildren are still off.
Might bake with her, as the family will descend after work, knowing she is here.
Enjoy your day everyone.

Gagagran Fri 13-Apr-18 06:56:42

Good Morning Mick, Mary and everyone.

There is a thick cloud layer here on the south coast and it's not forecast to lift today. It is still not warm but the chilly breeze might be the reason for that.

I am going to WI this morning then a quiet few days are on the agenda which will be very welcome after our busy time of late.

Hope the day isa good one for all GNs sunshine

NfkDumpling Fri 13-Apr-18 07:01:03

Morning All

Thick mist here in Norfolk this morning. Again. Since last weekend the Met office has been promising a hot spell in three days time. But it’s a moveable three days. It should have been hot and sunny today and we’ve planned a family picnic on the beach at Yarmouth tomorrow before going to the circus (Easter treat). I fear it’s going to be a chilly one!

DD1 and family are due to arrive here later this morning before the rest descend for an Easter Egg hunt, delayed due to us being on holiday. I don’t think its going to be any warmer than Easter was, but at least it’s not raining (fingers crossed!)

kittylester Fri 13-Apr-18 07:11:54

Morning all!

Its grey and wet in North Leicestershire and we too have been promised warm sunny days which keep retreating.

We were expecting our new garden furniture today but the carriers have had a computer glitch and are unable to deliver. I was disappointed until I saw the weather!

Enjoy your days everyone.

ninathenana Fri 13-Apr-18 07:20:27

Morning all.
Don't know what the weather is like as I'm still in bed.
Today is H's 70th. Why does that makeme feel old smile
We're away for a couple of days and he will be surprised to see friends of ours join us for dinner tonight.

winterwhite Fri 13-Apr-18 07:29:35

Sounds a lovely surprise Ninathena. What could be nicer for a 70th birthday. Murky and grey here too.

Greyduster Fri 13-Apr-18 08:25:14

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. I could cut and paste the weather from the rest of the week - grey and chilly - in South Yorkshire. DH has an appointment at the hospital today and I will go with him and do some shopping in town on the way back. Happy birthday to your DH, nina! Have a good day folks.

Pittcity Fri 13-Apr-18 08:26:42

Good morning from a damp, misty Colchester. Pollen and pollution trapped by the mist have made me a bit throaty this morning. Off to get more antihistamines!
Giving bedding a spring clean today but the tumble dryer will be on overtime.

ginny Fri 13-Apr-18 08:33:06

Good morning all.
Grey and damp here in N. Bucks. On the bright side it is warmer than yesterday.
SW this morning. All sorts of bits and bobs to do this afternoon.
Let’s hope that promised sun arrives for the weekend.

Anniebach Fri 13-Apr-18 08:36:13

Good morning all from Mid Wales x

MawBroon Fri 13-Apr-18 08:43:41

Good morning everybody, guess what, it is drizzling (again)
Very thick and misty , how much more can we take?
A trip to the dump this morning (lucky me) I filled the boot with stuff from under the stairs yesterday and now I just need to add a few more choice items from the garage.
Not much to show for it, but a start!
Have a pleasant day all!

Sar53 Fri 13-Apr-18 09:10:39

Good morning everyone from a damp, grey, misty Essex by the sea. As you all have said we are meant to be having some warm weather, not sure when though.
DD1 and family have been in the Lake District this week and have had lovely weather, a nice surprise as she thought it was going to be very wet.
Not much to do today apart from a little food shopping. Happy days.

Panache Fri 13-Apr-18 09:20:18

Seems I am rather late on morning roll call but hello to you all.It has been so nice to have such a warm welcome.
I feel sure I shall get to know you all by name in next to no time.
After a sunny and pleasant afternoon here yesterday it is disappointingly dull and grey with a hint of sea mist this morning,however of late that often denotes to an improved afternoon,so we live in hope!!
Lovely knowing you are from mid Wales Anniebach,we have to keep the flag flying for our corner after all!
Have a good day everyone...........wishing you (sunshine)

Mapleleaf Fri 13-Apr-18 09:52:55

Good morning, everyone.
Another grey, damp morning here, but it's a lighter grey?.
Supposed to improve a bit tomorrow and we might see that strange orange orb in the sky? (I'm not going to hold my breath, though...).
Whatever the weather, I hope today goes well for you all.