Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(24 Posts)
Panache Sat 14-Apr-18 17:58:13

Interesting reading of the Welsh contingency here in Gransnet,makes me feel more at home!

Thank you Greyduster, yes indeed we certainly have a beautiful county and count ourselves lucky.
So many tourists love it so much they are prone to make visits year after year, whilst eventually retiring here is very much the norm.
However being dubbed "The new Cornwall" has its disadvantages, and we are not now quite the laid back county,offering the wide open spaces with its inherent tranquillity............and freedom from crime!!!......that I enjoyed in my earlier years.
I think its called progress!
Don`t let me put you off and do keep on visiting.

Greyduster Sat 14-Apr-18 10:38:33

Panache I love your part of the world - we’ve spent a lot of time there over the years ?!

MawBroon Sat 14-Apr-18 10:21:40

Good morning ?everybody
Having a second brew because of a poor night but it is such a lovely morning now I need to get up and at ‘em before the next flood kicks in.
I had planned to go to the penultimate day of the Charles I exhibition at the RA but have cancelled as I was feeling so rough when I (finally) woke up.
Maybe another stab at patio cleaning with my new toy instead.
Wishing you all a pleasant weekend.

Anniebach Sat 14-Apr-18 09:52:56

Sunshine in Mid Wales , sunshine ?

silverlining48 Sat 14-Apr-18 09:29:58

Mary doll thanks for your good wishes. The weather in Berlin is due to improve just as we fly out this evening and next week should be good. Have a good time, there’s lots to see.

Chewbacca Sat 14-Apr-18 08:57:34

Morning everyone from a grey and overcast Cheshire. Lovely to see new Welsh members! I'm from Mid Wales but defected many years ago! smile

Panache Sat 14-Apr-18 08:50:11

A warm welcome Goodbyetoallthat,I too am a newbie and what a co incidence I come from West Wales!
Nice to meet you.

Panache Sat 14-Apr-18 08:47:17

Top o the morning to you all.
Very disappointingly the warmer sunny forecast for this weekend does not appear to be happening,still much like yesterday here in our corner of wales........grey with some light mist.
Bang goes my OH`s best laid plans to go and "Mow the meadow"...........well actually our two small lawned areas plus a small paddock!
It is very much against the grain because had our house sale not fallen through we would be living in a Retirement apartment since the friday prior to Easter!
Needless to add we are both extremely upset and it has and is causing great turmoil within us.With both suffering problematic health issues,much as we have loved and made this place into a lovely home,we had accepted the fact since we have no family back up this was indeed a wise move.............now its a case of back to square one and starting the foul business of trying to find another buyer..........even harder now we have lost a lot of trust in viewers,however it must be done so we simply have to "grin and bear it"...........and get on with keeping the place,and grounds "up to scratch"
Sorry for the little sermon but at least it gives you an oppertunity to get to know what makes me tick!!
Hope the weekend will be kind to each and everyone,even some warm sunshine would be even better!

ginny Sat 14-Apr-18 08:35:20

Good morning.
Dry but still dull in N. Bucks. Hoping for the promised improvement in the weather.
Busy day today. Bit of food shopping. Short trip for suppplies for a craft project. Cakes to make for a gathering tomorrow. MIL here this afternoon and evening.
Have a good Saturday all.

Greyduster Sat 14-Apr-18 08:25:12

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A bit of a grey start today in South Yorkshire, but it will stay dry, I think. I had a horrible night so am not in any hurry to get up. DH is going to football later so I will see if I can manage a garden recce today to see what needs to be done in the week. Have a good day, folks.

Anniebach Sat 14-Apr-18 08:06:36

Good morning all from Mid Wales, no idea what weather is like, I am still in bed .

Pittcity Sat 14-Apr-18 08:06:09

Good morning from a greyish Colchester. A bit warmer and brighter than of late.
I am still in bed while DH is watching the grim news.
Into London later to see a friend's son in a play.

Goodbyetoallthat Sat 14-Apr-18 08:04:00

Thank you Marydoll & sorry to hear about your sleepless night sad

Baggs Sat 14-Apr-18 07:55:04

Shall do, mdoll! I'll give it strict instructions to ease your hands! We are north of "the river", btw, so it'll come chuntering across the southern end of Loch Lomond ☀️

Marydoll Sat 14-Apr-18 07:49:42

Baggs, if the sun appears over your way, please send some across the river. smile

Marydoll Sat 14-Apr-18 07:48:30

Good morning all. It is supposed to be 10 degrees warmer than here yesterday in Glasgow, but it doesn't feel like it. sad
Sorry about your knee, Silverlining , hope it improves and sorry about the rain. We are off to Berlin on Monday and hoping for some sun, in fact any sun. I have forgotten what it looks like. sunshine
The pain in my hands has meant a sleepless night and DD and fiancé are coming to lunch, so I will have to pull myself together a smile, when all I want to do is sleep. smile, smile
Goodbyetoall that, I haven't seen you posting here before, so welcome. smile.

Baggs Sat 14-Apr-18 07:41:27

Morning, all! Misty around the boggy brae where I live. Yesterday the Met Office forecast it would be sunny. Hey ho. Keeping my fingers crossed for later... ☀️

Happy days, dudes.

Goodbyetoallthat Sat 14-Apr-18 07:33:02

It is a lovely spring morning here in South Wales. Have been out in the garden with our 12 week old puppy who is now happily trying to shred yesterday's newspaper.
Have a good day everyone!

kittylester Sat 14-Apr-18 07:29:26

Morning nina. Have a lovely day!

silverlining48 Sat 14-Apr-18 07:29:10

Morning all from berlin where it’s pouring with rain , again! Off to check out the local A and E as my knee has given out, will compare and contrast in my report on the german health system upon return.

kittylester Sat 14-Apr-18 07:28:36

Mining Mick, morning gaga, morning all.

It's a little overcast in North Leicestershire but we are promised a better day than we have had this week.

Cooking brunch for DH and DS1 before the football and then pottering in the garden for me today.

Interested to hear about your fairy lights, gaga, I bought some of those single bulb solar light and have hung them on a bush - I'm hoping they will be as successful.

ninathenana Sat 14-Apr-18 07:23:44

Morning Mick , Gaga and everyone.

Very foggy in the New Forest this morning. H had a lovely day yesterday with lots of surprises. Today we are going to the coast.
Have a good day everyone.

Gagagran Sat 14-Apr-18 06:35:59

Good Morning Mick and everyone!

It's a misty start here on the south coast but we are promised some sunshine later. Hurrah! It will charge up the mini-solar panel to light up the fairy lights we installed on the new and very raw looking back fence yesterday. To my delight they actually came on when it fell dark and look exactly how I intended. Really chuffed with them!

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs. smile

12Michael Sat 14-Apr-18 06:22:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey but also dry this morning in Brackley , up early want to see final of the Commonwealth Games Cycle Road race.
Mick