Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(16 Posts)
12Michael Tue 17-Apr-18 06:34:56

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light with some wind but its dry should turn out nice later in brackley , usual day trip to Buckingham and Bicester today.
Mick

kittylester Tue 17-Apr-18 06:57:36

Morning Mick, morning all.

It is dry but windy in North Leicestershire.

Alzheimer's Course today and then the hairdresser.

Watching Roy Orbison in hologram form was very weird!

Marydoll Tue 17-Apr-18 07:01:53

Good morning Mick and all who follow from a sunny Berlin. Tired after a long day yesterday, delayed flight and electrical failures at Glasgow airport.
The staff had to rely on marker pens and white boards to display flights. Technology is wonderful when it works?
We love visiting Berlin and DH is so excited about visiting some flak tower, he has recently discovered, which survived the war.
Best wishes to Annesixty and her family.
Have a good day all.

Marydoll Tue 17-Apr-18 07:02:44

Morning, Kitty. Internet here is so slow. I started posting half an hour ago.?

Pittcity Tue 17-Apr-18 07:11:09

Good morning from a brightening Colchester. Warm and sunny forecast.
MIL's funeral today so must get going.

Marthajolly1 Tue 17-Apr-18 07:41:45

Good morning all. Dull and overcast along the Forth today. Marydoll good to hear your enjoying Berlin. Pittcity Sorry to hear of your bereavement. Crochet group this morning then probably catch up with ironing this afternoon.

farview Tue 17-Apr-18 07:48:08

Morning all, definitely a tad warmer in Lancashire because have shed a layer!!wink

NanKate Tue 17-Apr-18 07:50:52

Good Morning Mick Kitty and All.

Another bright clear day in South Bucks.

You sound as if you are having fun Marydoll. Kitty some years back we went to an Elvis Concert with some of his original Band and him on film. It seemed almost real. The hologram of RO sounds a bit spooky though.

Off to have a manicure.

Greyduster Tue 17-Apr-18 07:57:31

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is grey and rather cold in South Yorkshire this morning - the heating is on! I think rain is expected later. Why did I get excited about summer? We have some business in town, and then I need to look for a new ‘everyday’ handbag. Handbags are not something I can get excited about. Now if it were a new fishing rod......?.

MawBroon Tue 17-Apr-18 07:59:47

Good morning all!
Rather more overcast than I expected but I am assure the ? is scheduled for a visit.
Woken at 5.30 by the most deafening dawn chorus, tried “bbeing awake properly” but gave up, rolled over and next thing it’s 7.45 ??
A bit of (window?) shopping with a friend today and a coffee - oh its a hard life. Wishing you all a similarly pleasant day, with flowers to Pittcity a sad day but I hope one to bring back happier memories.

Sar53 Tue 17-Apr-18 08:30:57

Good morning everyone from a sunny Essex by the sea. Waiting in for a delivery today and off tomorrow to Cyprus for a week. Haven't been away for a couple of years due to this and that so really looking forward to it.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Mapleleaf Tue 17-Apr-18 08:33:39

Good morning,
Grey and breezy here in South Yorkshire. The breeze makes it feel quite chilly, and, like Greyduster our heating came on this morning.
Supposed to be much brighter and warmer tomorrow.
Fingers crossed ?.

Anniebach Tue 17-Apr-18 08:34:47

Good morning all , rather grey in Mid Wales

Panache Tue 17-Apr-18 08:43:38

Good Morning all. Do tell me what on earth has happened to the heat wave promised? Here in west wales we have truly had to batten down the hatches since late yesterday as quite a dose of wintry rain and high winds have battered us.
I can only guess this is the storm before the calm!........instead of t`other way around!!
At least this means my OH can rest in peace after a tooth extraction yesterday,he will not feel the urge to get busy!!
Trusting the day will be kind to you all.

NfkDumpling Tue 17-Apr-18 09:05:27

Morning All

A lovely morning here in Norfolk - sorry Panache, for once we’re near enough to London to get the weather they keep on about! (Although not nearly as hot)

I slept ten hours last night! Unheard of! I think I must have been tired and explained the limp, effortful, heavy feeling I’ve had for the last couple of days. I feel so much better today, I can now look at the Do You Feel Old thread and say no!

Gagagran Tue 17-Apr-18 09:18:45

Morning all!

It's breezy and cloudy here on the south coast. I am late on here this morning because we decided to change the winter duvets over to lighter ones and then all the sheets etc needed laundering so on with that and before you could say "Jack Robinson (who was he?) it's after 9am.

We had thought of going to see the WW1 poppy display at Fort Nelson in Portsmouth today but have decided to wait until later in the week when it should be warmer and less windy. Looking forward to it though.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs. sunshine