Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning

(25 Posts)
rafichagran Sun 22-Apr-18 05:34:57

Good morning everyone, up very very early for me. Looks like it is going to be a nice day here in Greater London. Have a good day everyone.

absent Sun 22-Apr-18 06:01:46

Good morning rafichagran; we haven't met before. Where I live it is an autumn evening and fast approaching wine o'clock. Today has been quite warm and very sunny and I have managed to remove a vast quantity of weeds from my garden. I also managed to persuade Mr absent to trim an extremely untidy bush. A major grocery shop followed in the mid-afternoon. I don't so much mind the trip to the supermarket or even round the supermarket, but I hate the sorting it all out and putting it away when we get home. It will soon be time to put supper in the oven and after a busy day, I shall tuck up in bed quite early, together with my cat – that will probably be quite an early breakfast time on a Sunday for those in the UK. Have a lovely day!

12Michael Sun 22-Apr-18 06:38:02

Good Morning Everyone,
Two have beaten me to but forgot to say "Good Morning Sunday"
Its nice and sunny here in brackley even at this early hour, watch some of London Marathon as well hope its cooler for the competitors.
Mick

Situpstraight Sun 22-Apr-18 06:45:28

Good morning Mick, we had a disturbed night with another thunderstorm and loads of lightening around 2am, I say we, DH slept through it all.....
Looks as though we will have a good day today though, I’m still recovering from an Asthma attack so another restful day, unless the steroids kick in this morning, then watch out!
Have a good one everybody

brook2704 Sun 22-Apr-18 07:13:24

Good morning everyone
Nice and bright here in Inverness but a bit cooler - still double figures though so not complaining ?
Have a great Sunday everyone !

Pittcity Sun 22-Apr-18 07:21:20

Good morning from sunny Colchester. The storm didn't reach us so I need to get the watering can out.
Must get dressed as DD and DGS are visiting.

kittylester Sun 22-Apr-18 07:23:09

Good morning all! It's a shock for someone else to start the thread!

It is a bright and sunny start in North Leicestershire and we are going to do yet more gardening and maybe taking a trip to the garden centre - again.

Gagagran Sun 22-Apr-18 07:23:38

Good Morning Mick and everyone!

I went to sleep last night to the sounds of a thunderstorm and rain but it is fresher and bright and sunny here on the south coast this morning. It should be better for the London Marathon runners than the heat we had in the past few days.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

Baggs Sun 22-Apr-18 07:24:25

Morning, folks! It's a still morning here, no wind, loch like glass. Rain, heavy, is forecast for slightly later this morning so I'm glad we got some grass cut yesterday.

NanKate Sun 22-Apr-18 07:36:04

Good morning Mick Kitty and All.

A warm welcome to you rafichagran I have not seen you posting before on GN are you new? Just a point of etiquette just on this thread. We all wait for Michael to start this thread each day, it has become a given that it is his place to get us all up and running. The only time we start it for him is when he is away on holiday. Hope you didn’t mind me mentioning it.

Mist and sun down in beautiful Dorset, we go home tomorrow. Off to see the rescued monkeys at Monkey World. ???

Greyduster Sun 22-Apr-18 07:40:04

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire at the moment. Not sure if we had any rain last night. I feel as if I have slept on the floor all night! We have a junior football match to go to this morning and then I am cooking lunch for the family later. Have a good day, folks!

ninathenana Sun 22-Apr-18 07:43:42

Morning everyone.

Sun is out in Kent, there was no storm here last night.
Daft H left for the allotment at 7.00 am ! I'm sort of still in bed, as in not dressed and not been downstairs yet.

DD coming for lunch. She started a new job last week so I want all the goss.
Have a good day all.

ginny Sun 22-Apr-18 07:54:17

Good morning all.
Plenty of heavy rain during the night but a bright sunny start this morning.
Travelling to Southampton to board the ship for a cruise through the fjords for a week. Several stops in Norway, will be interesting but cold.

MawBroon Sun 22-Apr-18 08:06:19

I initially ignored this, looking instead for Mick’s “Good Morning Sunday” thread. Got all the way to the bottom of the page and started to worry that something might be wrong. But relieved that it was just somebody jumping the gun, in London Marathon speaksmile
So good morning all!
Zonked after my day in London/Kingston to see Much Ado , it seemed a lot of travelling o get there ( MK to Euston, Northern line to Waterloo, train to Kingston then a walk in the sun) The main line train and Northern line were packed and Euston was a nightmare, even more so coming back, but it was all worth it. I had forgotten how lovely it is on the river at Kingston as it is easily 40+ years since the days when we shopped at Bentalls.
It must have rained in the night but the threatened thunderstorms either didn’t happen or I was so tired I slept through!
Wishing Marathon runners a safe run ( of course I am probably talking about DSs or DDs etc) and everyone a pleasant Sunday.

Anniebach Sun 22-Apr-18 08:25:43

Good morning all x

Marydoll Sun 22-Apr-18 08:31:58

Good morning all.
Woke up really early, didn't want to disturb DH, so went downstairs and did a bit of sewing. It was so relaxing.
Late posting, as I didn't see the thread had a different title.
I hope everyone has a, relaxing Sunday. Its the garden for us, we are way behind, due to the weather.

harrigran Sun 22-Apr-18 08:47:41

Good morning, dry and still so quite pleasant.
We had some lightning at bedtime but it did not rain and the storm did not come.
Quiet day for me.

Panache Sun 22-Apr-18 08:56:41

A Good sunday morning to you all.
Again I thought myself on the wrong page and in a new territory with the opening posting!!
Having had a beautiful day yesterday with now power washing complete and those darn lawns mowed (until the next time!!) I had looked forward today,hoping for yet more warm sunshine so that together we could enjoy one of our peaceful country ambles,however the rain came in just as we awakened, so it looks more like a Derby & Joan time delving into the Blankword.............again!
Wishing all our Marathon runners the weather that blesses them and may they all remain safe.
Dear GN`s ..............do have yourselves a pleasant sunday.

ffinnochio Sun 22-Apr-18 09:01:12

Good morning to all. A quiet, sunny day lies ahead, following an uplifting and lively day yesterday.

rafichagran Sun 22-Apr-18 13:41:27

Sorry, will remember that next time, I was not aware of this.

Mapleleaf Sun 22-Apr-18 22:33:48

Hi, rafichagran and absent - welcome to the cafe.
I'm sure 12Michael, (Mick to us regulars), won't mind in the slightest. I hope it won't put you off posting again. I think it's become a bit if a tradition that we wait for Mick to post first to set the ball rolling, and he lets us know in good time if he's going to be away, then it's whoever is up and about first does the first post! ???.
Look forward to you posting again. ?

Mapleleaf Sun 22-Apr-18 22:35:41

'of' a tradition, not 'if' a tradition! I was supposed to have checked my post before sending it, too! ??

kittylester Mon 23-Apr-18 06:49:07

Nice post maple!

NfkDumpling Mon 23-Apr-18 07:51:07

Morning All Again

Nice to meet you rafichagran. Have a nice day Everyone. sunshine

Mapleleaf Mon 23-Apr-18 12:13:38

? Kitty