Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Monday

(22 Posts)
12Michael Mon 23-Apr-18 06:28:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright and sunny here at brackley this morning, another nice day but maybe more seasonal and cooler so its more enjoyable.
Mick

Situpstraight Mon 23-Apr-18 06:32:34

Good Morning Mick, same weather here in South Oxon.
It was a bit cooler yesterday and it looks as though it will be that same today.
Have a good one everybody.

kittylester Mon 23-Apr-18 06:39:59

Morning Mick, morning Sus, morning all.

The weather is the same in North Leicestershire.

Some admin and then more in the garden today.

Gagagran Mon 23-Apr-18 06:40:42

Good Morning Mick, Situp and everyone.

It's much cooler here this morning after a few beautiful days of sun and wrmth. Back to socks and trousers for me!

It's the St George's Day Parade through our small town this morning with the local Royal Artillery Regiment and their band marching through in front of the Mayor and a large crowd of we locals. There will school children marching too and a large contingent of elderly residents from our local nursing homes.

It is always a great morning with huge applause for the soldiers plus the Korean War Veterans who also parade and are each presented with a rose buttonhole. Coming from an army family, I shall be there waving my flag and clapping along with other grateful residents.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

Gagagran Mon 23-Apr-18 06:41:32

The elderly residents will be watching - not marching!

NanKate Mon 23-Apr-18 06:42:08

Morning Mick and All.

Lovely sunshine here in Dorset. We are coming home from a lovely few days holiday we’ve been on two beautiful beaches, had a ride on a steam train, visited a Sculpture park, had a bit of culture and visited Thomas Hardy’s Cottage, been to Monkey World and will today visit Corfe Castle before returning home. I prefer short holidays like this. I need to go home for a rest ?

Have a good week folks.

NanKate Mon 23-Apr-18 06:45:21

Hi Kitty. What fun Gaga enjoy your flag waving. I think it’s Shakespeare’s birthday too.

TerriBull Mon 23-Apr-18 07:06:24

Good morning all. Still sunny here in the south east. Enjoy your day at Corfe Castle NanKate you've certainly picked a good time for your break. I love the Isle of Purbeck, have also visited Thomas Hardy's cottage a few years ago. Will be down in Dorset for a week next month, I'll be very happy if we get this weather.

NanKate Mon 23-Apr-18 07:23:50

Hello Terri if you get a chance to visit Sculptures by the Lakes, not far from Thomas Hardy’s cottage please take the opportunity to go there. It was an absolute delight. The sculpture is self taught and his feel for nature makes his sculptures seem alive. There is a nice cafe there too.

ffinnochio Mon 23-Apr-18 07:24:46

Good morning to all.

A lovely sunny morning in this part of Norwich, so more exploring will be done. Feeling fortunate in having this vibrant city as a temporary home.

TerriBull Mon 23-Apr-18 07:29:18

That sounds good NanKate will bear that in mind. Enjoy your day at Corfe Castle.

NfkDumpling Mon 23-Apr-18 07:29:33

Morning All

Too far for a day trip for me I’m afraid NanKate! It is however another wonderful sunny summer’s morning here in Norfolk and another day in the garden beckons. I also have to make a start on rounding up our local traders for their floral shop displays - we have a competition. Getting a few flowers around the town certainly has made a difference to the place and the footfall in the shops has gone up, so it is all worth it in the end.

Enjoy the weather while it lasts Everyone.

Marydoll Mon 23-Apr-18 07:59:13

Good morning all.
I am so envious of all your good weather, it's miserable (again) here in Glasgow.
Enjoy all your outings today, everyone
As easy day for me, pain levels really high, so
a good excuse to read my book without feeling I guilty at doing nothing.

Anniebach Mon 23-Apr-18 08:03:04

Good morning all, no idea what weather we have, I am still in bed

MawBroon Mon 23-Apr-18 08:09:21

Good morning Mick and everybody from sunny N Bucks. As Ginny is on her cruise to the fjords you’ll have to rely on my account of the weather here which is....sunny ? but considerably cooler. But beautiful.
I have one of my favourite things this afternoon, my Art History class. This term we are looking at films which feature artists and then the artist in more detail. So last week was The Girl with the Pearl Earring and today Jan Vermeer and his work. Lovely bunch of people and an inspiring and friendly as well as extremely knowledgeable tutor. Honestly I think she could be reading from the Yellow Pages and I would still enjoy it!
BTW If anybody is wondering about the newly out “Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society” film, I went with some friends from my Book Club yesterday and it is lovely. I highly recommend it for “feel good” , scenery, actors and story.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

harrigran Mon 23-Apr-18 08:15:02

Good morning, sunny but very windy here in the far north. Indoor work today and hopefully finish my novel.

Greyduster Mon 23-Apr-18 08:18:30

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Grey and definitely cool in South Yorkshire today. A few phone calls to make this morning and then a routine hospital appointment for me this afternoon. Have a happy day, folks.

LynneB59 Mon 23-Apr-18 08:24:01

Hello Mick. Here in Nottingham, it's grey and cold. I've put the heating on! Fetching one of the grandkids from nursery later, and going to an indoor play centre. Zumba this evening.

ninathenana Mon 23-Apr-18 08:30:51

Morning all

Sunny in Kent but much cooler. I have some laundry to do but not a lot else planned.

Panache Mon 23-Apr-18 08:39:11

A cheerful good morning to you all.
Another bright and pleasant morning though if anything like yesterday it will be much cooler.
Still a good start to a brand new week.
Enjoyed a lovely little country stroll along our lanes and partly along our amenity area which used to be a race course,long before my time!
Whilst the plethora of daffodils blooming just about everywhere have not had the best season or weather,again such a sturdy plant and I managed to salvage another bunch for the house from our paddock yesterday,however the hedgerows now are a delight with the old fashioned primroses and joy of joys,one of my all time favourites the bluebell.
They bring such lovely memories of time spent picnicking with our two dogs on these well carpeted woodland areas.
Wishing you all a very productive week,and hopefully yet more pleasant weather.

Pittcity Mon 23-Apr-18 09:15:20

Good morning and Happy St George's Day from sunny Colchester. Cooler and breezier than the last few days but still lovely.
Colchester had a Scout and Guide St George's parade yesterday but, disappointingly for a Garrison town, no other real celebration. Will have to come to you Gaga
Walking Netball this morning and chores this afternoon.

Mapleleaf Mon 23-Apr-18 12:16:45

Good afternoon, everyone.
Late posting today. Was up in plenty of time but had quite a lot to do.
It’s brightened up a bit more since this morning, but it’s very blustery and very chilly with it. In fact, the heating kicked on early this morning!
Happy St George’s day to you all. ?