Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(22 Posts)
Mapleleaf Wed 25-Apr-18 09:16:48

Good morning everyone,
It's a bright, blustery and chilly morning today in South Yorkshire. At least the rain has stopped, it rained non stop from about 12 noon yesterday and was still at it when I went to bed at 11. It's made the grass look very green and about an inch taller than when I cut it on Saturday. ?
I must say, though, that all the plants are looking very fresh and pretty and the different shades of green seem to be glowing in this sunshine. Isn't Spring marvellous?

Panache Wed 25-Apr-18 08:35:36

A warm Good morning Mick and all GN`s from a sunny corner in West Wales.
Pleasant start but certainly cooler.
The day of the "big shop" which my man has ably taken over for very many years,but with the sun shining I shall "tag" along for the country ride plus there will probably be a morning coffee out in some place!!
Anything that relieves my long house bound days is more than welcome.
Take great care Situp whilst how rotten to get your holiday cancelled...........surely there will be many more?
For the rest of you....hope you have an enjoyable one.

brook2704 Wed 25-Apr-18 08:33:52

Morning everyone
Nice bright start in Inverness but still chilly brrrrr - out for lunch later so a good day planned
Hope all GNs have a great day ?

Marydoll Wed 25-Apr-18 08:20:10

Good morning all, it's quite cold here this morning, but a weak sun coming through the clouds.
The heating didnt come on this morning, so unusually I'm still in bed. The house is freezing. (I discovered DH had been messing with the settings)?
Hospital appointment today to discuss osteoporosis infusion.

Sit-up, I'm sorry to hear your trip has been cancelled. I had to cancel my previous Berlin trip for the same reason as you. Asthma is such an unpredictable condition, so better to be safe than sorry. You must be extremely disappointed, I know I was, when my GP would not allow me to go.
Hopefully some more steroids will settle it down. I finished a 10 day course a few weeks ago, it seemed to take ages to settle even after the course finished.
I hope you feel better soon and Nan, that you manage to get off the blooming things.
They are the reason for my hosp appt today. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.?
Have a good Tuesday everyone.

harrigran Wed 25-Apr-18 08:11:57

Good morning, cooler after the rain yesterday.
School run for youngest GD after her Karate class, give her tea and hear her play the piano.

Anniebach Wed 25-Apr-18 08:11:06

Good morning all. Think there is more rain for Mid Wales today, am still in bed listening to Today.

cornergran Wed 25-Apr-18 08:08:08

Morning All. No sun in our corner of Somerset, grey and gloomy, rain, hail and thunder forecast. Can’t wait hmm. Catchup this morning then a trip to the shops, fortunately under cover. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

Greyduster Wed 25-Apr-18 08:00:54

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire this morning but it must have been raining overnight. Cold though. Our gardening was rained off yesterday almost as soon as it started, but we have other things to do today so the plants I bought will have to wait to go in the ground. Loved Wolf Hall - couldn’t put it down, or the sequel. Have a good day folks.

Pittcity Wed 25-Apr-18 07:59:20

Good morning from sunny Colchester. It's not forecast to last though. I shall put my mac on for the trip to the coffee meetup in town this morning. We sat in the sun last week.

Situpstraight Wed 25-Apr-18 07:59:15

nan have pm’d you, I don’t want to hijack Micks thread again.

NanKate Wed 25-Apr-18 07:54:10

Situp I will have them delivered by carrier pigeon as they did in the WW2. Listen out for a peck on the window. ?

Marthajolly1 Wed 25-Apr-18 07:54:05

Good morning all. Sorry to hear of your condition and cancellation of you hols Situp. It's rained through the night here along The Forth but just now it's a mixture of large clouds and blue sky. Maybe some gardening today and getting clothes ready to pack for next week's holiday.

Situpstraight Wed 25-Apr-18 07:48:48

nan hope you are nearby then, cos I can’t walk far, even for pills !
It’s sunny now though and breezy, heating back on again.

Have a good day.

NanKate Wed 25-Apr-18 07:44:46

Morning Mick Kitty Maw and All you other lovely early morning club members.

Sorry to hear about your hols cancellation Situp they may give you a few more steroids to help with the asthma, you are very welcome to mine I have hundreds of them. ?

Wow Maw Reading Wolf Hall for the second time, I only got to about page 20 when I had to give up. I found Hilary Mantel’s writing style very hard to follow. Watched it on tv and it was brilliant.

Sunny in south Bucks today, hurray.

MawBroon Wed 25-Apr-18 06:58:38

Good morning Mick and everybody from a sunny corner of N Bucks. Cooler though, but at least no more of yesterday’s rain.
So sorry your Italian holiday is off Situp how very disappointing for you but your health must come first and it is no fun being ill away from home. I hope you get a second chance soon.
Lit class for me this afternoon, we are studying Wolf Hall which I read quite a few years ago and am trying to refresh my memory by rereading it. It’s not exactly short though ?
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

NfkDumpling Wed 25-Apr-18 06:54:55

Morning All

It was sunny when I got up an hour ago, but the clouds have come in and rain is forecast later in the day.

The heating is off as the boiler man is coming to service it first thing, and I’m feeling decidedly chilly here in the conservatory. We had a solid roof put on it, so apparently its now a Garden Room - but that sounds too posh for us. I’m trying Back Room for size at present.

It’s a shame you had to cancel your trip Situp. Hopefully rather a postponement? It’d be really too hot in Italy just now - much nicer late in the year!

Sar53 Wed 25-Apr-18 06:51:26

Good morning from a very sunny Cyprus. We’ve had a lovely relaxing week. Home this afternoon to a cold, miserable UK I am told.

kittylester Wed 25-Apr-18 06:49:51

Morning gaga!

kittylester Wed 25-Apr-18 06:49:04

Morning Mick, morning Sup, morning all.

It is dry in North Leicestershire but there are some ominous clouds above.

School run and ironing for me today.

Sorry about your trip sup but glad you are breathing better.

Gagagran Wed 25-Apr-18 06:43:53

Good Morning Mick, Situp and everyone.

It's forecast to be showery and breezy here on the south coast and it is far from warm. DH is out with his bike club today then on taxi duty for DGD from after school GCSE revision class. I have nothing much planned apart from choir this evening so shall have another faffing day.

Glad you are breathing better Situp - hope you continue to improve.

Have a good day everyone. sunshine

Situpstraight Wed 25-Apr-18 06:38:09

Morning Mick, bit gloomy here in the VOWH.
Woken up at 3am by car alarm grrrrr. and couldn’t get back to sleep.
Off to the Asthma Nurse today, with leaden feet and jelly legs, must be the pills.
Italian trip cancelled, but at least I can breathe again.
Have a good day everyone.

12Michael Wed 25-Apr-18 06:30:55

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a blue sky start here in brackley this morning, after yesterdays wet day out.
Mick