Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(18 Posts)
12Michael Sat 28-Apr-18 06:23:39

Good Morning Everyone,
its grey, and wet outside this morning in Brackley , think after yesterdays weather time to put winter jackets back on for a few days.
Mick

cornergran Sat 28-Apr-18 06:36:35

Morning Mick, Morning All. Same here, very chilly and grey in our corner of Somerset. Bit achey this morning as managed to trip yesterday and nose dived into the porch. No major harm done other than to my dignity. Catch up day ahead, need a major tidy. Where does all the ‘stuff’ come from? Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

ffinnochio Sat 28-Apr-18 06:37:21

Good morning, Mick. Grey and wet in this part of Norfolk, too!

Gagagran Sat 28-Apr-18 07:03:24

Good Morning everybody!

It is calm and dry and very overcast here on the south coast after a lot of showers yesterday. Still cool too and the forecast is for more rain tomorrow and next week.

I need to go and collect an M&S order this morning ready for the family visit tomorrow. Looking forward to a good catch up especially with DGDs 2 and 3.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

NanKate Sat 28-Apr-18 07:17:54

Morning Mick and All.

Sorry to hear about your tumble Corner hope you are not too bruised.

Rain here in South Bucks.

My football mad GS 7 is playing in a football tournament today somewhere on the south coast. He won't notice the rain.

Baggs Sat 28-Apr-18 07:38:39

Morning, folks! Sunny at the moment but I think rain is forecast later. I've started on cellar and den clearouts (well, that's what I'm calling it!) so I won't be stuck for something to do if the weather turns.

Marydoll Sat 28-Apr-18 07:43:49

Good morning Mick and all. Sunny here also, but as Baggs says, rain forecast for later.
Looking after DGD later, to allow Papa and daddy go to the driving range. Its a hard life being a man.?
Happy Saturday, everyone.

aggie Sat 28-Apr-18 07:57:43

Morning all , sunshine , blue sky..'..... but it is 4deg on my garden thermometer . Nipped out to look at seedlings and slippers are not enough shock

MawBroon Sat 28-Apr-18 08:00:15

Grey, cold and coming down in stair rods ☔️☔️☔️
Hibernation seems the best option. Maybe filing might be more useful though.
Missed out on Castle Ashby arboretum and orangery yesterday because of the relentless rain and that won’t happen today either.
However looking forward to the live streaming of Massenet’s “Cendrillon” from the Met this afternoon/evening which should shut out the weather.
Keep dry everybody!

Pittcity Sat 28-Apr-18 08:12:48

Good morning from a cold, wet Colchester. Heating back on ?
Waiting for deliveries then shopping today.

kittylester Sat 28-Apr-18 08:13:34

Morning all!

North Leicestershire is very soggy this morning and, with perfect timing, we are having new garden furniture delivered!

I am doing brunch for DH and DS before they go to the last disappointment home match of the season and then lots of telly catching up.

We went to a friends for supper last night and had a delicious fish pie. She apologised for having a pudding fail and the fact that we had to have magnums instead. I don't call that a fail!! grin

Panache Sat 28-Apr-18 08:21:38

Good morning Mick and all you GNers.
The sun is shining however it really is chilly and it looks as though the weekend is going to be much as was forecasted.
I suppose we should be pleased there is no snow!!
Mind you I may be speaking too soon!
I think a trip into town alongside my other half as he picks up a few necessary things,the dailies for instance, will be "swerved" this morning.In fact staying under the covers is more than tempting!!
Wishing you all a pleasant weekend.

Greyduster Sat 28-Apr-18 08:21:58

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is cool and grey with the threat of showers in South Yorkshire. My son is coming down for lunch and football today. It was his birthday yesterday so I have made his favourite chicken curry. I have an afternoon to myself so I’m going to the library - and possibly Marks and Spencer’s, and maybe John Lewis. Perhaps I’ll just skip the library.....?! Have a good day, folks!

Anniebach Sat 28-Apr-18 08:25:54

Good morning all from Mid Wales, rain,rain,rain.

Newquay Sat 28-Apr-18 08:41:21

Good morning all. Grey and cold here in Staffs. Just checked weather forecast. It says it won't rain til 1pm so will do an hour or so in the garden this morning then off to buy a new dishwasher this afternoon and a little light housework. Meeting up with friends this evening to celebrate a birthday which reminds me my contribution is a pud so will make a fruit flan this afternoon too.

Sar53 Sat 28-Apr-18 08:49:01

Good morning everyone from a wet, cold, miserable Essex by the sea. Off into town and then a visit to OH's DGC , we haven't seen them for a couple of weeks as we have been away.
OH wants to watch the Grand Prix qualifying this afternoon, I think I will be reading the paper !!
Have a good day everyone.

TerriBull Sat 28-Apr-18 09:53:48

Good morning everybody. Grey and wet in the south east not a nice day at all. Off to see son and girlfriend in Bucks today for a brunch, where I imagine the weather will be...... grey and wet sad

Situpstraight Sat 28-Apr-18 10:09:11

Wet and cold here in the VOWH.

And remember ‘ if you’re happy and you know it, it’s your meds’

Have a good day everyone