Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(24 Posts)
catherine123 Sun 29-Apr-18 11:27:06

Morning everyone, cold windy but sun in and out here in Eastham wirral, spent yesterday in the garden the weather wasnt too bad, been invited to my sons for lunch so will see the grandchildren which will be great, have a god day everyone.xx

silverdarlings Sun 29-Apr-18 10:01:43

Glorious here in South Cumbria -tulips looking happy in
window box -out the front-not been pinched! Hurrah

lemongrove Sun 29-Apr-18 09:49:30

Morning to all, another grey day here, just waiting for DGC to arrive for a fun packed but exhausting day.
Am I up to it I wonder? ??

MawBroon Sun 29-Apr-18 09:40:12

Good morning all! ☔️ ☔️ ☔️ here. Oh Mick - snow? I am definitely hibernating.
I was awake at 5 ☹️ and it wasn’t raining then but it was so cold so I put the heating on before going back to sleep for nearly 4 hours. hmm

Quiet day but hoping Paws two sisters and brother will look in in their way back from Liverpool and take the 4 boxes of BIL’s theatre and concert programmes which currently cover most of my dining table and which we had been storing for him when he went to Singapore 30 years ago. Well he is back now (retired) and I’m afraid I don’t see why I should still have to look after that as well as the stuff I am trying to wade through. (When Paw’s mother’s house was cleared back in 2000, he “offered” to store boxes and boxes of papers and books here , in theory just as a stopgap until the siblings went through it all - you can guess what happened)
Have a pleasant day all - not much casting of clouts likely to be happening this week!

TerriBull Sun 29-Apr-18 09:29:21

Good morning, another dull and quite cold day here in the south east. Still slobbing out in my dressing gown watching Andrew Marr. This afternoon we are having a belated birthday celebration for my little grandson, I have made him a number 4 birthday cake. I'm bemoaning a lack of sugar decorations to go on cakes for boys, lots of unicorns, flowers, butterflies etc., which I have previously used for my granddaughter's cakes. Apologies for stereotyping the sexes, but my grandson is quite emphatic
that decorations on his cake should be cars and trains etc. Some enterprising manufacturer of such fare might consider boys for a change!

NfkDumpling Sun 29-Apr-18 09:23:51

Morning All

Miserable, grey, cold with a rising wind here in the north of Norfolk. But at least its not raining - yet. We got our sailing boat in the water yesterday and have to go back today to fit the sails on her so that the cover fits properly and she won’t sink in the horrible weather forecast for tomorrow and Tuesday. I had dreams of a lovely drifting sail around a sunny Broad for today. The best laid plans and all that.

Pittcity Sun 29-Apr-18 08:26:52

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Getting darker by the second....go away rain!
Into London to visit Apsley House and Wellington Arch....making use of our English Heritage membership that the DC bought us for Christmas.

Marydoll Sun 29-Apr-18 08:23:25

Good morning all you early birds.☺️
Dry here in Glasgow with a little bit of sunshine.
Hopefully DS will arrived today to hopefully fix my sickly PC. I'm having withdrawal symptoms.
Have a good day everyone.

cornergran Sun 29-Apr-18 08:22:57

Morning All. Cloud over our corner of Somerset, dry at the moment. No snow in our forecast, phew. Feel the need to remove some dust this morning then if it’s still dry a bit of a walk. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

Anniebach Sun 29-Apr-18 08:19:27

Good morning all from Mid Wales, no idea if it's raining , I am still in bed.

Panache Sun 29-Apr-18 08:14:13

A warm Sunday greeting Mick and all.
Contrary to what many of you are saying here in our westerly corner of Wales it looks as though we have another day of sunshine,so no complaints at all.It is chilly especially out of the sun,but when in the sun one really feels its warmth............so we can but hope for more of the same.
Having lost several house plants due to both an aborted house move and my spell in Hospital,I think it high time I rectified this miserable situation!
I have fresh flowers only and to me a house without florals and plants lack being a home!
So that should spell out a pleasant afternoon as our Garden centre is out in the countryside.
Wishing you all some of this sunshine whilst enjoy your sunday folks.

Baggs Sun 29-Apr-18 08:12:25

Morning, folks! Dry with some sun here. MrBaggs was very helpful tackling a bit of dragon-energised hedge with me yesterday before, by the bye, mentioning that he'd issued an invitation to archers to come and shoot here today. I've asked him to give me more notice in future. Off in a bit to get some elderflower cordial to add to a cake—Olivia Potts' recipe in The Spectator. It's not so much that cake is expected but it has become a tradition of Boggy Brae archery shoots.

Happy days, dudes!

ffinnochio Sun 29-Apr-18 07:58:24

Good Morning to you all!

Grey, damp and chilly here. I’m cheered to discover the fabulous city library opens on Sundays, so I’ll be off with my backpack for books to read away the wet days.

brook2704 Sun 29-Apr-18 07:57:44

Morning everyone
Nice bright start here in Inverness but phone says 3degrees just now so heating definitely on ⛄️ A dizzy height of 11 forecast for this afternoon - at least its double figures ?
Hope all GNs have a lovely day

aggie Sun 29-Apr-18 07:50:45

Good morning all from Co Armagh , weather thingy in the garden says 2° , but no snow forecast ?

Situpstraight Sun 29-Apr-18 07:39:52

Still spitting feathers out

#Sendafatteronenexttimeplz.

Thanks for askin’ x

NanKate Sun 29-Apr-18 07:02:29

Hi Situp hope you haven’t had indigestion after that meal you had last week ?

NanKate Sun 29-Apr-18 07:01:03

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

Grey, cold and dull in South Bucks.

Off to a NT property to see DS and GSs. I know we will play football whatever the weather and I will be designated mascot, I know my place. ?

Situpstraight Sun 29-Apr-18 06:58:48

Morning Mick, same here too, I’m afraid, winter woollies back on.

Have a good day everybody

Greyduster Sun 29-Apr-18 06:56:33

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Mick there is snow in our forecast too for early next week. That is my fishing out of the window then! It is cold but dry in South Yorkshire today and we are off to the last junior football match of the season this morning, then my nephew is coming over to see us with his GS this afternoon. Have a good day folks!

Gagagran Sun 29-Apr-18 06:55:12

Good Morning Mick, Kitty, Travelsafar and everyone.

More of the same here on the south coast - dull, grey cloud cover and chilly. Never mind, the family are coming today so it will be sunshine and laughter aplenty chez-nous.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

travelsafar Sun 29-Apr-18 06:43:51

Its a grey cold morning here in letchworth. I am off to Chester then Liverpool for a couple of days to see the Terracotta Warrior exhibition. 12Micheal I saw something about snow on my phone yesterday, who would think it at the end of April!!!!!

kittylester Sun 29-Apr-18 06:40:10

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's raining in North Leicestershire and is a really grey, miserable looking day.

No trying out the new garden furniture today then.

12Michael Sun 29-Apr-18 06:34:38

Good Morning Everyone,
its dry but grey and cold this morning in Brackley , whilst out yesterday I looked on weather forecast in the bus stop in Buckingham surprised to see light snow forecast for Monday, but heating is back on.
Mick