Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday(May Day)

(20 Posts)
12Michael Tue 01-May-18 06:30:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bright sunny morning here in Brackley this morning and about 100yds or so from me, they are Morris dancing on the towns Piazza with a local pub by the Town Hall doing breakfasts.
Mick

kittylester Tue 01-May-18 06:39:54

Morning Mick, morning all!

It's a bright start in North Leicestershire but there are showers forecast - probably as I walk from the car park to my CrISP venue this morning. Hey ho!

Enjoy the May Day celebrations Mick. I miss PRINTMISS at the start of the month.

Gagagran Tue 01-May-18 06:56:52

Good Morning Mick, Kitty and all GNs

The sun is shining here on the south coast and it will hopefully be a bit warmer than yesterday when it felt like January.

We are off to try and find a comfortable office chair for me today after the last two, purchased on-line, have failed to suit my dodgy back. There are loads for sale on-line but not many places now where you can go and try them so I am glad we have found one such.

Are you thinking of joining the Morris dancers Mick? I always think it looks great fun!

Happy May Day everyone - hope it's a good one. sunshine

NanKate Tue 01-May-18 07:15:55

Morning Mick Kitty and Gaga and All.

Happy May Day. My dear old mum used to tell me that as a child she and all her school friends where taken on a picnic and danced around the Maypole every May Day.

I am just going to our WI monthly meeting regarding Resolutions, I would far rather be dancing around a Maypole ?

Lovely sunshine in south Bucks.

MawBroon Tue 01-May-18 07:18:32

Good Mayday morning Mick.
Have we all been out to wash our face in the morning dew? Well it would make a change from the flood waters.
The sun is shining here as if it hadn’t been like November for the last 4 days
Not complaining, though. I am off to Oxford for the day to meet a Gran who has recently moved south. Looking forward to it. Does anybody remember the meetup at the Ashmolean? Must do it again some time.
Wishing you all a bit of May ??today.

ninathenana Tue 01-May-18 07:18:52

Morning all

Sunny morning in Kent and a little warmer than yesterday. As you say gaga it was like winter and it rained from 7am-7pm.
Usual Tuesday for me....drop H at a gardening job go and do shopping, have coffee and pick up H on way home.
I like watching Morris dancers too.
Enjoy whatever your doing.

Pittcity Tue 01-May-18 07:28:26

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Such a difference to yesterday when I daren't venture out in the gales and floods.
Shopping and a haircut today.

ffinnochio Tue 01-May-18 07:33:13

Good morning to all!

Fresh and sunny in Norwich. sunshine

NfkDumpling Tue 01-May-18 08:03:54

Morning All

Isn’t it lovely? Fresh and sunny up towards the coast too ffinnochio! We were hoping to put the sails on the boat today, but it’s a bit too breezy. And rain forecast again for tomorrow. Ho hum.

Marydoll Tue 01-May-18 08:04:37

Good morning all, At least it's dry, if a little nippy here in Glasgow.
Off out early to pick up prescriptions and a visit to the dentist.☹️.
I would love to visit Oxford, Maw. DH and I had a coach tour booked last month to Oxford and Stratford and it was cancelled. We were so disappointed.
Enjoy your day, everyone.

travelsafar Tue 01-May-18 08:07:19

A beautiful start to the day this morning here in Letchworth.
Blue sky with no clouds and bright bright sunshine with a chilly wind.
First load of washing almost finished and soon will be on the line.
Then i plan to do some jobs in the garden. Have a great day everyone.

Greyduster Tue 01-May-18 08:09:53

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire today. Hurrah! Hopefully, we will get the back lawn cut, and then we are going to put our new barbecue together hmm. There will be blood, sweat, tears and no doubt swearing. Those of a delicate disposition should look away now! Have a lovely day folks!

Anniebach Tue 01-May-18 08:13:07

Good morning all x

chelseababy Tue 01-May-18 08:28:30

Morning all. Lovely day in North Beds though frosty start. Off to "get my colours done" today.

ginny Tue 01-May-18 08:29:26

Good morning.
Lovely sunny morning so far here in N. Bucks.
We have DD3s dogs staying for a week, no problem as they are now 16 years old and tend to sleep most of the time.
Brother and SIL coming to visit today so I’d better get going.
Hope you all find some sunshine today.

Panache Tue 01-May-18 08:40:54

Good morning and a Happy Mayday to you Mick and all Gn`s
Another lovely morning greeting us,blue skies and sunshine........whilst it is hoped that the bitterly northerly wind has made way for some warmth.....looks have been deceiving for sure.
Smaller lawns mowed yesterday and already the paddock demands another short,back and sides!! We can also see all the trimmed greenery starting to regrow,indeed a garden keeps one on ones toes permanently!
Having almost sold and kissed it goodbye neither of us are quite "in the mood" but at the same time we do not aim to let it get too shabby,I don`t think we could live with that.
Anyway may I wish you all some dancing around the Maypole...........I was a little premature last week........which goes to prove my head needs re adjusting on times!!!

Situpstraight Tue 01-May-18 08:41:13

Maw wear something warm to Oxford as we’ve had a frost, it’s sunny now and 4 degrees Brrrrr.

Hope everyone enjoys a sunny day, long may it last.

Sar53 Tue 01-May-18 09:01:31

What a difference a day makes. It didn't stop raining all day yesterday, this morning is lovely sunshine. Good morning everyone, hope you all have a good day.

Mapleleaf Tue 01-May-18 09:17:21

Good morning everyone.
It’s a lovely, bright, sunny but chilly morning here today. Much better than yesterday, though.
Hope you are enjoying the Morris dancing, mick. Nothing like that is happening here as far as I’m aware.
Enjoy May Day. ?

hildajenniJ Tue 01-May-18 09:37:17

Good morning everyone.
Happy May Day.
It's bright and sunny in Northumberland, but still breezy. GS 1 had a sleepover last night, so we are doing huge bowls of cereal and ice cream for breakfast. (Him, not me).? We'll see what the rest of the day has to offer.
Enjoy your day all.