Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(27 Posts)
12Michael Fri 04-May-18 06:29:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but its a cloudish start here Brackley this morning.
Got back home at 2 this morning from the Lion King which was good with a mix of comedy in it.
Reason for lateness accident on the A40 Western Avenue help up for nearly an hour .
Then local roads closed overnight due road works causing deviations .
Mick

silverdarlings Fri 04-May-18 10:52:54

Rather late good morning all I'm minding the family
Cavapoo for a few hours as Dad on night shift--Grey day
here in South Lakes but not windy.

hildajenniJ Fri 04-May-18 09:53:00

Good morning everyone.
It started off rather camp in this corner of the Tyne Valley. I have pottered around until now, sitting down with a cuppa. The sun is trying to break through the clouds, and the ground has dried up.
Today I will be baking biscuits, as tomorrow all four DGC are coming to stay the night, eek! confusedgrin
My DD and SiL are having a well deserved night out with friends.
Enjoy your day all.

Mapleleaf Fri 04-May-18 09:37:37

More, not mire. ?

Mapleleaf Fri 04-May-18 09:37:01

Good morning, everyone.
As greyduster reports, it's a lovely morning here in South Yorkshire, with the sun shining, but between the clouds now. (It was less cloudy earlier on). It is forecast to remain fine and warmer than yesterday.
Glad to hear you enjoyed your show, mick. A shame you were delayed on the return home but better that way than on the way to the show.
Some mire gardening beckons today.

MawBroon Fri 04-May-18 09:36:18

Good for Gagagrandad All powerto his elbow!,
Save the Gransnet One!

Pittcity Fri 04-May-18 09:13:19

Good morning from sunny Colchester.
Spending a bit of time checking and changing passwords this morning then out in the sun!

Gagagran Fri 04-May-18 09:00:11

Good Morning all!

I'm late on here this morning following the arrival of a hand delivered letter from the developers of the housing building site in the former green field opposite our house.

In it they advise that next Thursday, 10th May, they will be felling the five large maple trees which stand in the wide green verge between our front boundary and the road. The road is to be widened, taking part of the verge, to provide a turn-in into the new estate.

DH is talking about making a protest by chaining himself to the trees so I have had to talk some sense into him! Hence the delay in posting. Hey ho! He has simmered down now.

Have a good day everyone. sunshine

Luckygirl Fri 04-May-18 08:51:25

Morning all - blue sky with some cloud here - it is supposed to be good today, which will be busy for me.

Wee GS all day, but I have to drop him off at DD's workplace (which happens to be another DDs home) for a while while I take a friend to a hospice appointment, then pick him up again, then back here, then fetch DGD from school and give them both their tea!!! And OH is not feeling well this morning so things could get complicated.

But it is lovely to be involved with GC.

Hope all your days go well.

aggie Fri 04-May-18 08:46:01

Good morning everyone , dry dull but not cold here in CoArmagh , painting class this am . GS had breakfast , fetched the morning paper ...... the sitter will read it then ask to take it home ! I have yesterdays here , maybe that will do , she lights the fire with it shock

Panache Fri 04-May-18 08:38:55

`Morning Mick and all Gn`s everywhere.
What has happened to our coastal sunshine? Just as the visitors head here the sun has taken a back seat,although true enough it is dry and still,just a moody grey...........fingers crossed that later it may well brighten.It does seem to have this habit.
Still resting with leg elevated so nothing exciting on my schedule!
I do think my DH has mowing plans so that all is neat for the weekend.
Here`s wishing you all a grand day,and weekend to boot.

Anniebach Fri 04-May-18 08:17:17

Good morning all X

Marydoll Fri 04-May-18 08:09:07

Good morning all, I'm shocked, we have sunshine here in Glasgow.. ?
A bit of supermarket shopping and plant nursery today.
I'm exhausted after yesterday's hospital visit and looking after DGD with her limitless energy. A nice gentle day is the plan.
Its DD's birthday, so she will popping in early, before setting of on her surprise trip to the Lake District, planned by her fiancé.
Maw, I hope you have a lovely visit.
Enjoy the sunshine everyone.

Situpstraight Fri 04-May-18 08:05:34

Nankate rhubarb on its way, although not by pigeon!

Newquay Fri 04-May-18 07:56:01

Oh Mawbroon that happened to DH a few years ago. A lady contacted him completely out of the blue saying she is his half sister. He had never known his father had been married before and this half sister was the product of that union. She is a lovely lady and we're so glad we met. Enjoy your visit.
Bit overcast here in Staffs but v optimistic for the weekend.

Greyduster Fri 04-May-18 07:49:06

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining here in South Yorkshire, and a good day in prospect. We had a lovely walk in the woods yesterday. Lots of birds about, and bluebells, though not all quite ‘out’ yet, we’re making a good show. Today DH has to try and get an emergency appointment with the dentist and we have to go and buy some gas for our barbecue. Have a good day, folks.

NanKate Fri 04-May-18 07:43:58

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

Cloudy with the sun not far away. Getting warmer.

I fancy your rhubarb Situp any chance of sending a bundle in an easterly direction ?

Hope your interview goes well Kitty

ffinnochio Fri 04-May-18 07:38:10

Thank you Nfk. Our stay in Norfolk is just for 3 months, until we finalise our permanent new home. It’s been great to get to know this area of England.

harrigran Fri 04-May-18 07:35:27

Good morning, it seems pleasant enough outside.
It is GP's day at GD's school and we are going for the morning, I am hoping I do not have to participate in lessons as I am a tad rusty in most subjects.

MawBroon Fri 04-May-18 07:33:32

Good morning Mick and everybody.
Another promising morning I think here in N Bucks.
I am off to Wilmslow to visit my half brother and his wife for the weekend. Also for the first time, as we only “found” each other a couple of years ago (he was adopted as a baby )
So bit of a drive, but I shall enjoy a morning of listening to the radio!
Wishing you all a pleasant BH weekend!

kittylester Fri 04-May-18 07:29:14

Morning all!

It looks promising this morning in North Leicestershire.

I've got a busy day ahead. A telephone interview on my volunteering experience, a trip to Sainsbury's, a trawl round a garden centre and a pedicure.

I'm exhausted thinking about it!

NfkDumpling Fri 04-May-18 07:16:30

Morning All

And a beautiful sunny morning it is too in the north of Norfolk. Welcome back ffinochio. Norfolk is the driest part of the UK - although you’d not have thought that recently. Hopefully the sun will stick for a while.

Off to help DH make a railway sleeper raised bed for DD2 this morning. Those sleepers are impossibly heavy! Then an appointment with the OT at the hospital this afternoon.

ffinnochio Fri 04-May-18 06:57:57

Good Morning to you all!

A lovely start to the day with glorious sunshine. Having lived in France for 15 years, people often ask me how I find the weather, now we’re back permanently in the UK. No problems so far. Weather is weather wherever you are, and one can’t beat a sunny day,
in May,
in the UK.
?

ginny Fri 04-May-18 06:44:56

Ooops, caught the post button.
Jobs in the garden.

ginny Fri 04-May-18 06:43:25

Good morning.
Dry but no sign of sunshine at the moment.
DH off to golf so his preparations have woken me.
SW this morning and then a few jobs in the gard

Situpstraight Fri 04-May-18 06:36:30

Morning Mick,
pleased that you enjoyed the show, such a pain to then be stuck getting home, (although worse for the people involved in the accident).
Dry and cloudy here in the VOWH, too, although a bit of blue sky is peeping out, such a nice day yesterday, hope it starts to warm up.
Cut one lawn yesterday, but the bottom lawn is covered in violets this year, so will leave that for another few days. Picked the rhubarb, so it’s crumble mix and pastry making this morning.
Have a good day everybody.