Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning May Bank Holiday Monday

(22 Posts)
12Michael Mon 07-May-18 06:39:43

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light, bright and sunny at this hour, up early as usual, plan to paint bathroom wall this morning, eggshell colour , then have a easy going day.
Mick

ginny Mon 07-May-18 06:43:15

Good morning.
Looking set for another warm sunny day here in N. Bucks.ay have a wander to local woods to see all the bluebells.
Eldest DD and family coming later for a bbq.
Enjoy the holiday.

kittylester Mon 07-May-18 06:46:56

Morning Mick, morning gilly, m I ring all.

It's a lovely bright start in North Leicestershire and I intend to sort the pots in the front garden!

Gagagran Mon 07-May-18 07:21:44

Good Morning Mick, ginny, Kitty and everyone!

Another lovely morning here on the south coast. My aches and pains are much less bothersome in this warm spell so I hope it lasts a good while yet.

DD and family are coming today so need to crack on and get organised. It's a cold collation so not too demanding to prepare.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshinesunshine

NanKate Mon 07-May-18 07:24:02

Morning Mick Kitty and Ginny

Due to be even warmer in South Bucks today.

Friend coming for coffee this morning.

Last day on my own whilst DH is with the famiy. So it could be my last really lazy day with Tennis in Madrid, further mini sort of wardrobes and lots of IPad ?

NanKate Mon 07-May-18 07:25:24

Also hello Gaga and All.

Enjoy your cold collation.

ninathenana Mon 07-May-18 07:45:28

Morning everyone......

from sunny Kent. H has gone for a paper and will cook breckie on his return. Then we will be in the garden, him mowing and me reading. That is how it's done, right ?

Pittcity Mon 07-May-18 08:03:01

Good morning from sunny Colchester. I am loving this weather. The temperature is just right with a nice breeze and it's cool enough to sleep well at night. Has anyone got a pause button?
Taking it easy in the garden today and out for a curry with friends this evening.

Nelliemoser Mon 07-May-18 08:04:00

Good Morning All. I am off to my favourite garden centre shortly, armed with my garden vouchers .
If my son has no idea what to do for me at Christmas I suggest garden vouchers .

Soupy Mon 07-May-18 08:06:46

Good morning all.

Lovely day in N Bucks and I'm so pleased we finally managed to finish painting our garden fence yesterday!

Tip run for DH today and I'll be driving down to an event in Watford this afternoon before dinner with local friends.

Enjoy the sunshine everyone

Greyduster Mon 07-May-18 08:10:46

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Hope the painting goes well, Mick. Shouldn’t take long to dry in these temperatures! It is going to be HOT in South Yorkshire again. We are having a family barbecue later, so some bits and pieces to prepare. We have not used our new gas BBQ yet and to be honest I am a bit nervous........ have a good day, folks!

Mapleleaf Mon 07-May-18 08:17:38

Good morning everyone.
Yes, as Greyduster says, it's going to be hot in South Yorkshire today - hotter than yesterday, and it was hot yesterday! A visit to the garden centre this am, then a lazy afternoon is on the cards.
Whatever you are up to today, enjoy yourselves. ??

Marydoll Mon 07-May-18 08:18:06

Good morning all. A bit cloudy here in Glasgow, but the sun is struggling to peek through the clouds.
Spent yesterday in the garden and finished with a BBQ. Its a new, all singing dancing one, bought to replace our ancient one. After an hour, the food still wasn't cooked. Thinking what a useless piece of equipment, I eventually went to investigate and discovered my husband had all the burners on the lowest setting! ?
Off for a trip down the coast with DH, DS and of course DGD, as mummy has to work. Looking forward to it.
Have an enjoyable day, everyone.

Marydoll Mon 07-May-18 08:22:11

Greyduster, I hope you have better luck than us! ?The food was delicious in the end, all be it hours late. ??

harrigran Mon 07-May-18 08:22:38

Good morning, another mild day in the north. Spent all afternoon in the garden yesterday, DH planted Geraniums for me which will brighten up the patio.

Panache Mon 07-May-18 08:34:36

Good Morning Mick and G N`s all on this Mayday monday
Another gorgeous morning here and indeed a pleasure seeing a whole lot of happy smiling faces exploring our beaches!!
Whilst we again had an enjoyable day trawling the Garden Centres,coming home well laden.
Our home is getting to look like a mini Garden centre itself!
Then we had a pleasant stroll around our nearby Marina where it was such a treat with the sun glinting off all the boats and such a lot of activity again.

My leg needs some elevation so perhaps best to give it a little rest today,and yet I doubt this lovely weather will last for much longer.......so we shall see.....

Sincerely hoping you are all well,in good shape and you will enjoy another sunny sunshine day.Don`t forget the sun cream!!

gillybob Mon 07-May-18 08:36:33

I hope no one minds me popping in to wish everyone a good morning too. My new baby granddaughter is one week old today. It’s another lovely day here on the North East coast and I’m hoping to spend the day in the garden planting my Geraniums and other bits and pieces. I need to tidy up the finished daffodils too as they look a bit of a mess. It feels strange having an entire day to do anything I like.

Wishing you happy days everyone. smile

Anniebach Mon 07-May-18 08:40:55

Good morning all from still sunny Mid Wales x

Marydoll Mon 07-May-18 08:41:20

Good morning, Gilly . Its lovely news about your wee granddaughter.? I hope your husband is improving also.
Enjoy your day off.

NfkDumpling Mon 07-May-18 08:50:11

Morning All

Bright and sunny again here in Norfolk. Can it possibly last all week? Now off out to enjoy the sun. Have a good one.

hildajenniJ Mon 07-May-18 09:27:40

Good morning everyone.
It's sunny and warm again in the Tyne Valley. DH has his birthday today so we are having lunch with friends at a new restaurant. It's supposed to be very good, if a little pricey. I'll let you know tomorrow!??
Have a lovely relaxing Bank Holiday everyone.

ffinnochio Mon 07-May-18 09:44:30

Good morning to you all! A bright, fresh morning. Laundry and packing ready for a quick trip to the. S W. to see how the new house is progressing - plus 2 nights with the London lot. ?