Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(21 Posts)
12Michael Wed 09-May-18 06:38:30

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright blue sky no cloud either here in Brackley this morning , nice easy day watching Giro on Eurosport later.
Mick

Nana3 Wed 09-May-18 06:46:01

Good morning, sunny in Lancashire. Meeting friends for lunch.
Enjoy your day everyone.

Marydoll Wed 09-May-18 06:47:03

Good morning Mick, and all who follow from Glasgow. Weather is the same as yesterday, cloudy and cool. . By lunchtime yesterday, the rain was torrential, we got a soaking at the plant nursery.
Early medical appointment, then DH will go for a nice coffee and people watch in Princes Square.
Mick, enjoy your sport.

Marydoll Wed 09-May-18 06:47:30

Good morning Nana.

kittylester Wed 09-May-18 06:48:56

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's a bright start in North Leicestershire again but not so warm. We had a good shower of rain last evening - just after I'd done the watering!!

Pootling and faffing this morning and school run this afternoon.

Gagagran Wed 09-May-18 06:55:24

Good Morning everyone!

It's another bright and sunny start here on the south coast but distinctly fresher than of late. It will suit DH whp is off with his bike club on a long ride today. I have plenty of pootling and faffing lined up too Kitty!

It's the rehearsal in the hall where we have the choir concert on 19th May, this evening and the seating will be allocated. No doubt there will be a lot of shuffling around as people always want to sit next to their usual buddy. It's just like school sometimes!

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

gillybob Wed 09-May-18 06:56:47

Good morning everyone. Another pleasant morning on the NE coast. We had some rain last night too. I had my 3 grandchildren staying last night instead of their usual Monday night, so just enjoying a calm cuppa before I wake them for school, then sadly, it’s off to work again. Enjoy your day everyone.

Greyduster Wed 09-May-18 07:09:42

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Bright and sunny in South Yorkshire this morning. We had a little rain yesterday evening, just after DH had put the hose on, but it didn’t stay long. I am planning a few hours fishing this afternoon and into the evening. Who knows, I might catch my supper!

NanKate Wed 09-May-18 07:11:00

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

I can hear the birds singing and the lovely sunny but cooler weather is here which I prefer.

Mick whilst you are watching the Giro I will be watching the tennis in Madrid. Isn’t it wonderful that we can access the sport we want when we want.

DH is returning after 5 days away helping our DH and GSs. It will be lovely to have him back even with his bag of dirty washing. ?

ginny Wed 09-May-18 07:11:51

Good wall.
Sunny but cooler in N. Bucks this morning.
DH has gone to play golf so a quiet morning and yoga class just before lunch. Club meeting this evening and going to try my hand at willow weaving.

NanKate Wed 09-May-18 07:12:20

How lovely Greyduster catching your own supper, enjoy.

ginny Wed 09-May-18 07:13:49

Not sure how good the wall is but hope you all have a good day ! ?

harrigran Wed 09-May-18 07:18:16

Good morning, a little cooler today but that is okay because the plumber is coming again.
The boiler, fitted 6years ago, is broken and is going to be replaced. The house will be in upheaval all day and DH has medical procedures which will take many hours so I guess I will finish my book and watch some TV.

ffinnochio Wed 09-May-18 07:47:36

Good Morning to you all! Fresh and sunny in London.

Pittcity Wed 09-May-18 08:06:58

Good morning from sunny Colchester. The rain threatened yesterday afternoon here but didn't materialise. Going to be bright, dry and warm today.
Into town for weekly meetup this morning.

Anniebach Wed 09-May-18 08:07:14

Good morning all from rain free Mid Wales x

MawBroon Wed 09-May-18 08:10:54

Good morning all. Weatherwise- what Ginny said!
Still lovely though, this is what May morning should be like.
I dare say I shall be ironing the laundry which was hung up to dry yesterday (and is still on the line)
Have a pleasant day everbody!

Marthajolly1 Wed 09-May-18 08:25:06

Good morning everyone. A wee bit cloud, a wee bit blue and a wee bit breeze in the Forth Vally this morning. We returned from our week in Portugal which was very pleasant, just a little cooler than expected. Laundry all done and put away. Now to catch up with garden. Enjoy your day all.

Panache Wed 09-May-18 08:34:57

A warm good morning to you all.

Indeed we had a few showers lunch time yesterday,but then followed by a lovely sunny day with a breeze, making it very comfortable,this morning is decidedly grey again after the sun teased us earlier.
Just as well I hobbled off to the Surgery with my sore leg following surgery last week,I had it re dressed and am now bandaged from knee to foot............back on Friday.
Trust me to have things to go wrong yet again.

Anyway a nice peaceful day and no tagging on as my DH does the weekly shop.

Trusting you all have a peaceful day yourselves.

Menopaws Wed 09-May-18 08:52:29

Another beautiful day in Surrey and my third day off in a row! I've done all chores, seen grandchildren and mum the last two and today is all my own, garden and dog walk methinks. Lovely

Alygran Wed 09-May-18 08:59:10

Morning all.
Bright and breezy here in North Yorks this morning. I was woken by the house alarm at 4am. Seriously scary but nothing amiss thankfully. Must be spiders on the garage sensor.
Opticians this morning to see about going back to contact lenses after a 2 year break. Coffee with a friend later and the lawn to mow (again).
Have a good day everyone.