Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(30 Posts)
12Michael Thu 10-May-18 06:31:35

Good Morning Everyone,
its bright but its cloudy for a change , signs of overnight rain here in brackley this morning.
Mick

Happyscotlass Thu 10-May-18 10:32:12

Good morning from Wiltshire. Sun shinning but chilly. Have a good one everybody.

annodomini Thu 10-May-18 09:56:12

Bellas, I hope the treatment is working well and that we'll soon hear that you are back in good health. xxx

Greyduster Thu 10-May-18 09:36:16

???*Bella*.

kittylester Thu 10-May-18 09:21:14

Oh dear, Bella! Hope things improve soon - don't you have a cruise booked in the near future? flowers

Mapleleaf Thu 10-May-18 09:11:24

Good morning,
It's a bright, breezy morning here. We, too, had overnight rain - it started around 8 pm.
Hoping it remains dry as I've put some towels in the washing machine.
The ironing pile is beckoning, so I must be good and get it done! ?
Enjoy your day.

NanKate Thu 10-May-18 09:09:59

Good morning Mick Kitty and All

Lovely sunshine in South Bucks with a cooler feel to the weather.

So sorry Bellasnana to hear of your hospital stay hope you are feeling better soon.

Pananche good wishes to you and your bound up leg, tell it to heal quickly so that you can have your get up and go back. Seriously hope it is healing.

Off to have my lovely Welsh chiropodist sort my feet out.

Had a lovely happy text from my DS these are so rare in the troubled times he is going through, that I want to shout 'Keep Going my lovely boy you will get there'

Panache Thu 10-May-18 08:39:57

`Morning to you all.

Indeed summer has reappeared it would seem!! After a rather damp afternoon yesterday, this morning arrives with a very bright golden orb making its welcome appearance in a cloudless sky.

House cleaning,bed changing etc earmarked for this day........old habits die hard!.....but for me more of this elevated leg business,just when I was enjoying my "outs and abouts".......I shall certainly find plenty to keep me occupied I am sure.

Meanwhile here`s hoping you all enjoy a pleasant day.

Marydoll Thu 10-May-18 08:26:46

Bellasnana, I hope you are feeling better soon.flowers

MawBroon Thu 10-May-18 08:23:43

Bellasnana wishing you a speedy recovery from whatever and that you get home soon flowers

Gagagran Thu 10-May-18 08:20:26

Good Morning everyone!

It's another lovely day here on the south coast but fresher than of late. Still very pleasant though.

The five large maples outside our house are to be felled today in readiness for the road to be widened to allow an access road into the building site opposite.

I have mixed feelings about it. Sadness at the loss of mature trees but also some relief that we won't have to clear up all their leaves in autumn. They were all over our front garden and paths and in our guttering so it will be good not to have that this year.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

lemongrove Thu 10-May-18 08:19:41

flowers Bella hope that you make a fast recovery.smile

lemongrove Thu 10-May-18 08:18:22

Yorkshire fish and chips! Yum.
Good morning to all, a beautiful day here in Oxfordshire, blue sky and sun, promises to be a lovely day.
Garden centre this morning for us, with a list of plants and seeds to buy.

Bellasnana Thu 10-May-18 08:15:30

Good morning all. Malta looks cloudy today but I think it’s going to be hot.

I’ve been in hospital since Monday with ‘tummy troubles’.
Am not allowed to eat, just water and an iv drip. Still, I can’t complain, I’m being well looked after.

Hope you all have a good day ❤️

Alygran Thu 10-May-18 08:13:55

Good morning from Nort Yorkshire. Another bright start after overnight rain. Off to meet a friend at Saltburn for fish and chip lunch.
Have a good day everyone.

Anniebach Thu 10-May-18 08:05:52

Good morning all from Mid Wales, my lovely eco gardeners are coming today to continue wotk on my wild flower meadow , nice having company ?

gillybob Thu 10-May-18 07:44:41

Averting my eyes from the two baskets of ironing awaiting my attention

Why do today, what you can put off until tomorrow Mawbroon ?

Enjoy the theatre . smile

travelsafar Thu 10-May-18 07:43:08

We had rain overnight here in Letchworth but the sky is slowly turning blue and the forcast is for some sunny spells.
Worked in the garden yesterday putting some plants in so the rain will help them settle nicely I hope.
Off to do my weekly shopping and banking then out this evening to play whist at the local church hall.

MawBroon Thu 10-May-18 07:37:52

Good morning all!
Bright and sunny but noticeably cooler here in N Bucks. From the puddles on the patio I see we had rain in the night. No bad thing, if only it could restrict self to then.
AS (was NADFAS) this morning and then going to see Maxine Peake in “Funny Cow” this afternoon with a friend. (Averting my eyes from the two baskets of ironing awaiting my attention).
Have a pleasant day!

ninathenana Thu 10-May-18 07:36:54

Morning all

Dull 'n' grey in Kent, we've not had rain yet though.
Taking Bertie for his booster today. Hard to believe we've had him a year.
H helping my cousin with her garden today.

ffinnochio Thu 10-May-18 07:35:38

Good Morning to you all! It’s fine, fresh and sunny in this part of London. Ideal driving weather back to our temporary home.
Before that - an early morning walk to nursery school.

ginny Thu 10-May-18 07:35:36

Good morning.
Not as warm this morning. Rain overnight but still pleasant.
Play date with DGS so we are going to the local park. Sewing group this evening for me.

Pittcity Thu 10-May-18 07:32:39

Good morning from sunny Colchester. There are raindrops on the windows but it looks bright and dry out.
No plans for today except a trip to Aldi.

gillybob Thu 10-May-18 07:30:50

I think maybe you have just been unlucky harri. We had to replace my DD’s 5 year old boiler recently (not a hugely expensive one or anything but a reputable brand) and she lived alone until fairly recently and you would think a boiler would last longer than that.

harrigran Thu 10-May-18 07:27:14

Good morning, cooler and damp underfoot.
New boiler installed yesterday and working fine, plumber says he has never known this top end range fail the way ours did. Six years is not long for this boiler especially as there are just two of us in the house.

Greyduster Thu 10-May-18 07:25:05

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A sunny start in South Yorkshire. Had a lovely afternoon and evening fishing yesterday before rain stopped play. I love fishing in the evening when the light is just starting to fade, the wind drops and everything is calm. Back to the real world today with shopping and the school run. Have a lovely day folks.