Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(22 Posts)
12Michael Sat 12-May-18 06:31:40

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bright but cloudy start here in Brackley this morning, feeling effects of the Beer Festival , at least its only occasionally now.
Mick

NanKate Sat 12-May-18 06:38:25

Good morning Mick and All.

I bet it was fun Mick at the Beer Festival. Have a couple of painkillers and relax.

Grey but sun not far away in South Bucks.

Going to the May Fayre in our park today.

ffinnochio Sat 12-May-18 06:43:40

Good Morning Mick. Hope you have a gentle day of recovery from the beer festival!

... and good morning to you all!

A cloudy, muggy start to the day in Norwich.

Pittcity Sat 12-May-18 06:46:52

Good morning from a bright Colchester. Rain due later.
Spending day with DD1 and DGSs.

LynneB59 Sat 12-May-18 06:48:35

It's sunny but a bit cool yet, here in Nottingham. A day of seeing friends, then this evening going to watch a local band play in a pub

gillybob Sat 12-May-18 06:54:38

Good morning Mick and everyone . A bit if a grey start here on the NE coast. Housework and errands today.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone .

Marydoll Sat 12-May-18 07:04:49

Good morning all you early risers and those who follow. I've been up since six, but couldn't find the energy to get up and post, after a day with DGD yesterday.?
The sun is shining here in Glasgow, for a change.
Enjoy your day, every one.

Gagagran Sat 12-May-18 07:06:10

Good Morning everybody.

It's dull here on the south coast with a thick cloud cover. Don't think we shall see much sun today. It feels cool too.

Meeting DD for coffee at the garden centre this morning but nothing else on the agenda so far.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

silverdarlings Sat 12-May-18 07:07:35

Morning Mick and all--dry and still here in South Lakes
The Keswick to Barrow folks are well on their way so glad its
dry for the walker/runners

kittylester Sat 12-May-18 07:10:20

Morning all,

It's another bright sunny start in North Leicestershire and we are off to another garden centre. We are after a particular euphorbia which is proving extremely elusive!

ninathenana Sat 12-May-18 07:26:31

Morning all.

The sun is out but there is a thin layer of cloud in Kent. Heavy rain forecast for later.
Lots of garden centres means lots of delicious afternoon teas kitty smile
Enjoy your days.

NfkDumpling Sat 12-May-18 07:36:47

Morning All

It was a lovely morning in the north of Norfolk but is clouding over fast. I blame Norwich weather ffin! It’s obviously spreading!

We’ve just returned from a few days birding at Frampton over the border in Lincolnshire. No WiFi and very poor mobile reception. It was very liberating. Intentions are to clean the caravan today - but we may go sailing this morning instead.

Baggs Sat 12-May-18 07:45:02

Morning, folks! Cloudy and misty in Argyll but with some brightness trying to get through. I have some rushes and docks to deal with later.

MawBroon Sat 12-May-18 07:49:14

Good morning everybody from a brightish but still overcast N Bucks if you see what I mean. I am going to finish putting a coat of teak preservative on the garden furniture if it stays dry, having removed a few years’ worth of algae and gunk from it yesterday. It came off almost like snakeskin!
Then I shall make the meringue for a pavlova I am taking up to Birmingham tomorrow for a family lunch for DGS’s birthday. The actual party is today but it is a football party and (un)surprisingly DD thought us “oldies” would prefer a civilised lunch tomorrow. Too right!
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

harrigran Sat 12-May-18 08:01:26

Good morning, overcast but dry.
My birthday today but staying at home as sister is visiting this afternoon.
Have a good weekend.

Anniebach Sat 12-May-18 08:04:40

Good morning all x

gillybob Sat 12-May-18 08:04:44

Happy birthday Harri It looks like the sun ☀️ is trying to break through just for you ! Enjoy your day .

Panache Sat 12-May-18 08:12:55

A very good Morning all........and Mick I suggest take the morning nice and slow!!!

A taste of summer I rather think with a clear blue sky and sunshine,but since it has not settled as yet I hope I don`t speak too soon.

Not much luck with my leg `op......back bandaged from groin to foot,talk about having a Dopler scan...........and the darn wound will not close.I had much the same bother with a similar wound on my other leg.
Bah humbug ......as we had hoped for some time out and the possibility of a meal at our favourite place ......we shall see I think as the morning progresses.

BTW I would not mind a piece of that pavlova MawBroon,my favourite sweet ..........how thoughtful of your DD,she knows you well for sure!

Such a lot of interesting posts from North,South and East.

Have yourselves a great Saturday.......and weekend.

Sar53 Sat 12-May-18 08:54:03

Good morning everyone from a sunny Essex by the sea. Off for a mooch around the shops then it's off to a birthday party for the twins who were one yesterday. I think it will be mayhem and very noisy. We visited yesterday afternoon and I can't believe a year has gone by since they were born, they weighed 4lb 12oz and 5lb then and now are crawling and cruising around the furniture . Have a lovely day everyone.

lemongrove Sat 12-May-18 09:02:43

Morning all, grey and a bit chilly today.
DGS arriving soon to brighten our day.sunshine

Greyduster Sat 12-May-18 09:05:53

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Sunny here in South Yorkshire. We may get a walk in sometime today I hope, but first there is general gardening and a hanging basket of fuschias to make up. Have a happy day folks.

ginny Sat 12-May-18 09:32:44

A slightly late Good Morning from N. Bucks. The skis out now but still thin cloud.
Packing the caravan today in preparation for a few days near Malvern.