Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(21 Posts)
12Michael Tue 15-May-18 06:40:02

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another blue sky start here in brackley this morning, usual housework then off out, try and check in Bicester as to Chinese see if new owners are open at lunch.
Mick

cornergran Tue 15-May-18 07:00:22

Morning Mick,morning All. Blue skies over our corner of Somerset. Could get used to this. Hope your Chinese is open mick. Dentist for me then family stuff. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Tue 15-May-18 07:03:25

Morning Mick, morning all!

It's a lovely bright start in North Leicestershire as well. I'm helping on an Alzheimer's Course this morning. The room is really hot but if we open the windows we can't hear anything because of traffic noise!

Today is the last week of a six week course so we are having a debrief (and lunch!) at the pub.

kittylester Tue 15-May-18 07:04:49

Morning corner.

I meant to say that I hope your restaurant is open and, more importantly, good, Mick.

NfkDumpling Tue 15-May-18 07:05:00

Morning All

Here in my bit of Norfolk we had a bit of overnight fog which has risen to give us grey skies. A bit chilly too with no sun. Hopefully it’ll burn off.

I expecting the nice OT people from the hospital to deliver a raised loo seat and rails this morning. New knee day draws closer!

harrigran Tue 15-May-18 07:14:28

Good morning, another bright start here in the north. Think we may take advantage of the good weather and have lunch at the seaside.
Monthly meeting of the Antiquarian society this evening but may give it a miss, sailing ships are more DH's thing.

gillybob Tue 15-May-18 07:15:22

Good morning everyone . A beautiful morning here on the NE coast . Hanging masses of washing out to dry ( anyone would think I ran a part time laundry service) while my 3 monkeys are having breakfast then off to school and then work .

Busy busy busy . Have a lovely day everyone . Fingers crossed for a good Chinese restaurant Mick smile

ninathenana Tue 15-May-18 07:19:26

Morning everyone.
I envy you all your bright sunny start to the day. It's grey and overcast in Kent. Should clear later as we are forecast warm temperatures.

Greyduster Tue 15-May-18 07:50:14

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Another sunny one in South Yorkshire. This weather is making my eyes very itchy; probably all the pollen. Not much planned for today. Have a good day, folks.

ffinnochio Tue 15-May-18 07:53:37

Good Morning to you all!

There’s a grey, chilly feel out there.
Off to explore Cambridge.

MawBroon Tue 15-May-18 07:56:16

Good morning everyone. Another bright and sunny one it seems ? ? ? - lovely weather.
Quick trip to the doc (still deciding which prob to tax her with, it takes so long to get an appointment, the initial thing seems to be better, but I have a “shopping list!)
Then a friend is taking me to Loch Fyne in Woburn for a belated birthday (March) lunch. An afternoon nap might feature I think.
Have a lovely day!

Pittcity Tue 15-May-18 08:10:49

Good morning from a brightening Colchester. A warm day is forecast once the cloud lifts.
I got my mountains of washing dry in yesterday's wind so have mountains of ironing today!
Will walk into town later for exercise and bits and bobs.

Mapleleaf Tue 15-May-18 08:20:42

Good morning from a lovely, bright, sunny morning in South Yorkshire. It looks set to be a lovely day again.
Supermarket this a.m. See a friend this p.m.
Enjoy your day. ?

Panache Tue 15-May-18 08:21:28

A very good morning to you all.

Another lovely day on the cards and a great plus.... is it is getting warmer.
However we can also see the growth on all our hedges so it means THAT time of trimming is nigh.
A gardener`s work is never done,but the joy it gives is also endless,I do miss it...........but with eyes to view I still enjoy the greeenery and florals,whilst I am being kept amused by the antics of our many little birds.The young are about to toddle out of their nests we think,always great fun.

Wishing you all a superb day.

Anniebach Tue 15-May-18 08:23:22

Good morning all x

Nana3 Tue 15-May-18 08:28:22

Good morning from Lancashire. Looking grey at the moment but it should brighten up.
I have an outing with WI today, something to look forward to.
Have a good day everyone.

Luckygirl Tue 15-May-18 08:29:20

Lovely day here- visiting a friend's bluebell wood today - can't wait.

MawBroon Tue 15-May-18 08:34:23

No, Panache it is too early to trim hedges. ?
There will/could be nests in them! ? ? ?

Marydoll Tue 15-May-18 08:35:19

Good morning all. It's a beautiful morning here in Glasgow. Recovering after a lovely day at the seaside with DGD and DH yesterday. I don't remember my three children being so exhausting.?
I too am suffering badly from hayfever, Greyduster , despite antihistamines.☹️
Off to the hairdresser's, ? where I will get all the local gossip, put the world to rights and probably meet at least one person I know.
DS2 and partner have invited themselves to dinner.I will need to think of something easy to rustle up.
Have a good day all.

Sar53 Tue 15-May-18 08:40:34

Good morning everyone from a sunny Essex by the sea. Off to London today with a family foreign visitor who wishes to visit Harrods. I think I will be window shopping.
Have a lovely day.

NannyJan53 Tue 15-May-18 08:47:19

Good Morning all

Another sunny one thank goodness in The Black Country.

I have my U3A Tap class this morning. Then this afternoon catch up on jobs around the house and garden.

The end of this month marks a year of retirement, and I am so enjoying it and cannot believe how quick this year has flown by!

Have a lovely day everyone.