Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(22 Posts)
Mapleleaf Wed 16-May-18 09:59:01

Good morning,
It’s a lot cooler and greyer here this morning, though we are assured it's going to brighten up this pm, though still be a lot cooler than yesterday. Not sure if we got the rain Greyduster got through the night as it looks very dry, but it’s amazing what few miles can do with regard to the kind of weather we get!
Glad to hear that the Chinese restaurant will still be open at lunch time, mick and I hope you find it just as good when you go tomorrow.

ginny Wed 16-May-18 08:37:26

Good morning. After 3 beautifu days in Worcestershire it is dull today..
Never mind. We are taking the water bus from (near )Malvern to Tewkesbury . We’ll have a mooch around and a spot of lunch and then back again.
Happy Wednesday !

Nana3 Wed 16-May-18 08:31:23

Good morning from Lancashire. It rained overnight and is grey at the moment. Yesterday afternoon brightened up so hoping for more of the same today.
Out for most of today so being kind to myself this morning before the rush begins.
Have a good day everyone, best wishes Panache for your hospital and doctor visits.

Nelliemoser Wed 16-May-18 08:29:38

Good morning all. Cloudy here in Cheshire. I have much to do in the house and garden. Yesterday got wasted some how. Not me getting wasted in the alcoholic way I hasten to add.

Anniebach Wed 16-May-18 08:27:48

Good morning all x

Greyduster Wed 16-May-18 08:09:26

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Rather grey in South Yorkshire and we have had some rain overnight. Glad your Chinese is still coming up with the goods, Mick. Have a good lunch. We are babysitting this evening, as both parents have separate running club commitments. Sooner them than me! Have a good day, folks!

gillybob Wed 16-May-18 07:59:01

Good morning all. It’s dull and cloudy on the NE coast this morning . Looks like it could rain . What a change from yesterday .
Still it’s work all day for me .
Enjoy your Wednesday everyone.

Pittcity Wed 16-May-18 07:54:37

Good morning from cloudy Colchester. It's a midweek weather blip according to the local forecast.
Wednesday meetup in town this morning.

ffinnochio Wed 16-May-18 07:47:52

Good Morning to you all!

A calm day lies ahead, after a delightful and sunny day in Cambridge yesterday.

MawBroon Wed 16-May-18 07:34:12

Best of luck Panache I hope it all goes smoothly but also that you have something to read for all the waiting and hanging about.
There’s a reason they call us “patients” you know....... smile

harrigran Wed 16-May-18 07:29:54

Good morning, cooler and overcast today. DH out most of the day so might finish reading my book.
Yesterday the weather was most clement and we had lunch at the seaside followed by an ice cream as we walked along the pier. We spent the rest of the afternoon in the garden but were plagued with greenfly.

Panache Wed 16-May-18 07:26:55

`Morning all.

How disappointing the weather.....rain and blustery wind..... after such a beautifully warm afternoon yesterday.

My day is truly "mapped" out and I shall breathe easy when its behind me.
Hospital for a 2 and half hour COPD check over,followed by a weekly blood session,then onto the Surgery to redress this darn leg that has chosen to take its time healing.
My sympathy with all of you feeling discomfort this day,not much fun at all.
We can but hope tomorrow is a better day.

Hope the weather is kinder for you all and have an enjoyable day.

NfkDumpling Wed 16-May-18 07:22:02

Morning All

Bright and breezy in the north of Norfolk this morning. At least its blown away the ‘coastal cloud’ we had yesterday morning while the rest of the country was apparently basking in sunshine. We took our caravan back to it’s storage on the coast last evening and drove into a bank of sea ‘har’. The temperature dropped nine degrees!

Hairdresser this morning for a short back and sides before the Op. Then planting out all the plants we bought yesterday - mostly planned which is a first for us.

kittylester Wed 16-May-18 07:15:11

Morning all.

It's very grey in North Leicestershire but there is no rain in the forecast.

We are test driving a new car today so I am taking it to Derby for the school run - scary!

Marydoll Wed 16-May-18 07:12:15

Nankate, that's great news about the steroids.
I've been on and off them for forty years. They do have lots of side effects, but taking them has meant I'm still here, so I'm not complaining?

NanKate Wed 16-May-18 07:08:49

Morning Mick and All.

It is gery with the sun peeping out in South Bucks.

Sorry about your stiffness Marydoll I feel for you. Having had Polymyalgia for two years which is an illness causing stiffness and aching all over, however for me this illness has recently faded away and I stopped my steroids on Monday, hurray. Hope things improve for you too. ?

ninathenana Wed 16-May-18 07:08:01

Morning everyone.

Dull start in Kent I'm hoping it will brighten like yesterday which turned out sunny and very warm.
DGS1 is 9 today. He just video called me to watch him open his present from us. ?
Have a good day everyone.

Marydoll Wed 16-May-18 06:58:52

I'm too slow! Good morning, Maw and Gaga, Maw, I hope you feel better soon.?

Marydoll Wed 16-May-18 06:56:11

Good morning Mick and all who follow. Its a beautiful morning here in Glasgow, so DH is off to play golf while it's quiet. I'm still in bed enjoying the peace and quiet and trying to get my joints moving. I feel like the tin man in the Wizard of Oz. ?
Mick, that's good news about your Chinese restaurant.
Off out to pick up yet another a new prescription to address my vitamin D deficiency. The previous medication apparently hasn't had any effect.☹️
I may have to force myself to spend some of my birthday vouchers to cheer myself up.?
Happy Wednesday, all.

Gagagran Wed 16-May-18 06:52:56

Good Morning Mick and everyone.

There is more cloud and it's fresher here on the south coast this morning.

DH is out with his cycling club today and I am going to have a go with my new waffle maker. I am doing brunch for the family gathering next weekend and know that the DGC will love waffles as part of the offerings.

It's our final choir rehearsal this evening before the concert on Saturday. I am not over impressed with the programme this time but smile sweetly and try and sing that way too.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

MawBroon Wed 16-May-18 06:50:44

Good morning Mick and those to come.
It is looking overcast this morning here in N Bucks but I wasn’t aware rain was forecast so I shall have to wait and see.
Cuppa with a friend this morning, after Ocado delivery between 8.30 and 9.30 then my last “Wolf Hall” class this afternoon.
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

12Michael Wed 16-May-18 06:45:59

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey and wet here in Brackley this morning , my diabetes blood test later.
Did go to Bicester yesterday, Chinese open lunches will go into tomorrow.
Mick