Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(19 Posts)
ffinnochio Thu 17-May-18 09:03:03

Good morning to you all!

Sunny with a chilly wind. Plans for today cancelled so a rethink needed.

ginny Thu 17-May-18 08:42:16

Good morning all.
Sunny but coolish here in Malvern.
I’m going to the Malvern quilt show today. Hope to do a couple of workshops and find some new ideas.

MawBroon Thu 17-May-18 08:37:34

Good morning everybody - not that I have been lying abed doing nowt. I have been struggling to get a Dr’s appointment online . Normally a great system if you are quick off the mark but today I was cross because just as I was about to click on the last appointment before the weekend someone must have beaten me to it angry
Now I have to wait until Monday and a Dr I don’t particularly warm to. Ah well, beggars and choosers and all that.
I hope it warms up a bit today, I just froze yesterday and while the sky is blue (ish) the air temperature is not great.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

Anniebach Thu 17-May-18 08:28:47

Good morning all x

Panache Thu 17-May-18 08:27:39

Top o the morning Gn`s everywhere.

A lighter note in my voice as I contemplate a sunnier......and hopefully warmer day again.The coastal areas are feeling the pressure as the visitors arrive daily now with whit season always heralding such a busy time.
Weather looks promising too.............but yes sadly beastly Hay fever is then a real nightmare for sufferers,
You have my sympathy.

A relatively quiet day for me,leg elevated as it stubbornly refuses to heal.

Have a lovely day and I hope the weather is kind all over the country.

Greyduster Thu 17-May-18 08:06:18

Good morning Michael and all GNs. A sunny start in South Yorkshire. Happy birthday to your Dgd, kitty! Nfk standing in the cold tearing up ten pound notes is also the descriptor for fly fishing! Expensive pastimes, eh? School run this afternoon and then Gs is off on a school trip tommorrow, so we won't see him for a week ☹️! Have a good day folks.

Pittcity Thu 17-May-18 08:01:45

Good morning from sunny Colchester. The wind has dropped a notch or two so it should seem warmer than yesterday.
Yes, MaryDoll, my hayfever is worse than ever this year. It is mostly my nose that is affected though and I have nearly got through my 2nd nasal spray.

Gagagran Thu 17-May-18 08:01:18

Good Morning everyone!

It's a bright and sunny morning here on the south coast and feeling warmer than yesterday which was definitely on the cool side.

We have just come back from the weekly supermarket shop and uber-Grandad has shot off to take DGD1 to school for her GCSE Chemistry exam. She is stressing about it and fearful of the school bus being late so he has ridden to the rescue. These DGDs are something special - enjoy the 7th birthday celebrations of yours Kitty! She will be doing her GCSEs before you know it!

Have you tried local honey for your hayfever Mary? It's a misery I know although mine is just a sniffly nose and itchy eyes.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

NannyJan53 Thu 17-May-18 07:55:46

Good Morning all

Lovely and sunny here today in the Black Country.

I am off on a walk to Lickey Hills today with my U3A walking group.

Marydoll I only started suffering with hay fever 3 year ago, and this year it has been worse than ever with my eyes streaming etc.

kittylester my DG4 is 7 tomorrow so as she only lives 4 miles away I am getting up early tomorrow to see her before she goes to school! Bearing gifts of course smile

Have a lovely day everyone.

cornergran Thu 17-May-18 07:52:51

Morning All. A sunny start in our corner of Somerset. Shame it wasn’t so good yesterday when Littlest came to visit. Don’t think he noticed though. Seven is an age for birthday excitement, lovely to share it kitty. We also lived in Norfolk for years nfk, loved it and the Broads. Hope your voice is back soon mary, sympathy to you and all other hay fever sufferers. Envious of the Chinese mick, haven’t found a good one here. Off to visit a friend today after depositing Mr C at a meeting. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

harrigran Thu 17-May-18 07:41:54

Good morning, coolish but it is quite bright.
Washing and hopefully ironing today, only day this week that doesn't have appointments.

Marydoll Thu 17-May-18 07:36:31

Good morning all from a sunny Glasgow.
Off to the park to feed the ducks and a shot on the swings. My hay fever is awful and I have no voice( Some would say, a blessing. ?), is anyone else suffering? Worst I've been in years.
Enjoy your Chinese Mick
Kitty , enjoy your time with your granddaughter.?
Have a good (and not too expensive NFK) everyone.

Nana3 Thu 17-May-18 07:30:39

Good morning from Lancashire. Very sunny and I have no plans so will garden probably.
Have a good day everyone.

NanKate Thu 17-May-18 07:28:24

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

Lovely sunny day here in South Bucks.

STILL Awaiting an invite from Meghan who will be staying about 5 miles down the road from us tomorrow night.

Enjoy your Chinese Mick do let us know if it comes up to or exceeds the last owners food.

How lovely Kitty a 7th birthday for your DGD I wonder if she would like to play with my DGS 7 who told me with a cheeky smile that some of his female friends had been chasing him and ruffling his hair, he obviously loved every minute of it. ?

ninathenana Thu 17-May-18 07:12:41

Morning everyone.

A sunny start in Kent, I hope it gets warmer than this though.
Not much on today, there is some laundry to do, apart from that............
Nfk smile I love boats and water but your welcome to the bills.
Mick I hope the new management don't disapoint.

kittylester Thu 17-May-18 07:09:09

Morning Mick, morning all!

It's a bright start in North Leicestershire and the forecast is good. I hope it is not too warm as I am volunteering in a below ground room with no windows.

Today is dgd2's 7th birthday so we are getting ready for an excited and giggly phone call!

Try to hang on to some £10 notes nfk, Shall we send food parcels?

I hope your meal is up to the usual standard, Mick and I hope that new baby is thriving gilly.

gillybob Thu 17-May-18 07:01:04

Good morning Mick, NfkDumpling and everyone to follow.

A lovely morning again here on the NE coast. Hope it’s a good day wherever you are today. Sadly it’s off to work again for me but it’s Thursday so the weekends in sight.

I hope the Chinese restaurant is just as good under new ownership Mick Enjoy.

I spent a lot of my childhood holidays in Norfolk (on the Broads, Sherringham, Great Yarmouth etc) would love to go back sometime. I hope you don’t have to tear up too many of those £10 notes Nfk smile

NfkDumpling Thu 17-May-18 06:50:54

Morning Mick, morning All

Scudding clouds here in Norfolk, but it is brightening so hopefully the rest of the day will warm up in bright sunshine.

We have to visit the boatyard this morning and settle up our motor boats winter bill. There’s a saying about sailing being the art of standing in a cold shower tearing up ten pound notes which comes to mind. And we only have a little boat!

12Michael Thu 17-May-18 06:42:30

Good Morning Everyone,
A bright sunny start here in Brackley feels cooler as well, try this new Chinese in Bicester at lunchtime , same place as before new owners .
Mick