Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(19 Posts)
Nana3 Fri 18-May-18 08:49:46

Good morning, the sun is shining in Lancashire. I'm looking forward to 2 dgc coming for a sleep over tonight.
Marydoll flowers
Have a good day everyone.

Anniebach Fri 18-May-18 08:39:19

Good morning all x

Panache Fri 18-May-18 08:27:28

Good morning to you all.

Indeed the sunshine continues and the holiday makers are arriving in droves!
I hear you mention watching cycling Mick,my DH is a keen fan of cycling especially Tour de France and our team wherever they maybe taking part.
We maybe taking chances in planting out the few areas we intend to look pretty today, but the geraniums we bought in are truly flagging and badly in need of being planted out.................so today is the day.
I shall be chief looker on although I suspect I shall have my hands in there somewhere along the way!!

Have a lovely day folks.

Greyduster Fri 18-May-18 08:14:13

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Why do our favourite places have to change, eh Mick? Happening all over the place here. Weather in South Yorkshire as Maple has indicated. I had a sleepless night, feel bloody awful and have a lot to do as we are supposed to be going away for the weekend. Have a good day, folks.

Mapleleaf Fri 18-May-18 08:05:14

Good morning everyone.
It's a bright, sunny but at the moment chilly morning. The forecast promises it will warm up as the day progresses. There's a lot of dew on the grass.
Sorry to hear that the restaurant was disappointing, mick. Perhaps it could be an occasional treat as it's more expensive, or is there another one you could try? Mind you, with the £5 voucher they've given you, your next visit would be similar in price to what you used to pay.
Enjoy the sunny weather if you can. ?

harrigran Fri 18-May-18 08:01:17

Good morning, lovely sunny day here but still cool.
Hospital appointment this morning with surgeon to sign all the paperwork for another operation.
Forecast is quite good for the weekend.

Pittcity Fri 18-May-18 07:54:01

Good morning. The weather here in Colchester is similar to nfk, grey and chilly but dry.
Need a prescription and bits and bobs in town.
The sun has peeked out from behind the clouds as I wrote that last sentence!

12Michael Fri 18-May-18 07:50:09

They gave me a £5 voucher , but on the leaflet they gave me , you had a reward stamp for every £20 you spend .
Mick

NanKate Fri 18-May-18 07:46:32

Mick if you go on their website they may offer deals every so often. I nearly always have a voucher for places I eat at. Worth a try.

NanKate Fri 18-May-18 07:44:36

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

I’m afraid to report Nfk but the sun is shining in South Bucks and we are set to get warmer.

Mick enjoy your sport, I will be glued to the Tennis in Rome in between all the fun goings on in Windsor.

First job today sorting out my Royal Bunting to festoon our lounge window. I like a bit of a party. ????????

12Michael Fri 18-May-18 07:38:31

Coming back to Chinese about the chain situ according to website they are opening one in Milton Keynes soon.
Mick

NfkDumpling Fri 18-May-18 07:25:57

Morning All

Shurrup with all these “Another bright sunny mornings”!! It’s another cold, overcast grey morning in the north of Norfolk. Hopefully it’ll burn off by this afternoon as it has the last few days and at least the cold north wind has dropped. I feel for all those who’re holidaying on the North Norfolk coast - I’m thinking of moving south!

Sorry to hear your Chinese is now part of a chain Mick. The food quality does tend to go downhill when this happens. Time to shop around?

Hope your hospital appointment goes well Marydoll and you don’t have too long to wait. Things are looking up at our local hospital now we’re out of the ‘flu season and the weather (theoretically) better.

gillybob Fri 18-May-18 07:17:03

Good morning Mick and everyone . A beautiful bright and sunny morning here on the NE coast .
DH took 2 of the DGC to see the WWE wrestling at the Newcastle Arena last night so they were very late to bed . Trying to let them sleep in for a few minutes longer than normal as I only have to do one school run instead of usual 2 in opposite directions . Sorry to hear your Chinese wasn’t up to scratch and more expensive too Mick Enjoy your sporting weekend .

Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow ( or even next week ) Marydoll s*d the housework ! Hope your hospital visit goes well though.

TFI Friday ! Enjoy your day everyone . sunshine

cornergran Fri 18-May-18 06:59:34

Morning All from a bright corner of Somerset. Sorry lunch was a disappointment mick. Food shop and dust gathering for me today. Busy weekend ahead, mostly good things. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Fri 18-May-18 06:59:29

Morning Marydoll, I hope all goes well at the hospital. Ignore the housework!

kittylester Fri 18-May-18 06:58:07

Morning Mick, gaga, all.

It is another bright start in North Leicestershire. I have a trip to the butcher's and Sainsbury's this morning and then a brew and cupcake with a friend this afternoon.

Sorry about your Chinese food, Mick - is there another restaurant you can try?

Marydoll Fri 18-May-18 06:51:02

Good morning Mick and Gaga and all who follow.
It's lovely sunny morning here in Glasgow, but a little cool.
That's a pity about your restaurant Mick.
Yet another hospital visit this morning.
I need to get some housework done, sad when I get back. It's been such a busy week.
Have a good day all.

Gagagran Fri 18-May-18 06:40:42

Morning Mick and everyone.

It's a lovely sunny start to Friday here on the south coast.

I am going to the monthly U3A meeting this morning to hear a talk on Victorian Magic Lanterns. As a child we had one which had been my Grandparents' and sometimes Dad would put on a show on a Sunday evening. The slides were glass and handpainted and quite amusing. Probably be worth a fortune now but it was sold for a song when my parent retired and went to live on the Isle of Man.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

12Michael Fri 18-May-18 06:33:23

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another bright and sunny start here in Brackley, yesterdays Chinese's meal dearer than before by about £4 , its part of a chain of restaurant's the other is in Leighton Buzzard Eat China is the name at Bicester ,and Shan Shui at Leighton Buzzard , will not rush back though.
The next week will see no trips out will be watching the final week of the Cycling in Italy , Sunday sees a double whammy , as once the stage as finished watched BT sport one as Brackley Town are playing Bromley in the FA trophy.
Mick