Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(18 Posts)
12Michael Sun 20-May-18 06:29:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice clear blue sky this morning over Brackley , usual Sunday make a curry in the slow cooker , and then watch my cycling , then see the local football team on TV when they play Bromley at Wembley this afternoon in the FA trophy .
Mick

farview Sun 20-May-18 06:47:12

Morning All,looking like a nice day here in Lancashire,sat outside with a cuppa watching the birds,sheep&cows...love this quiet time?

Marydoll Sun 20-May-18 06:51:03

Good morning, Mick and all who follow.
Enjoy your curry and the cycling Mick.
We are off to Edinburgh for a champagne afternoon tea on the Flying Scotsman. Its the fact that we are travelling over the Forth rail bridge which is making me so excited. We never had much of a celebration for our Ruby wedding in September as I was too unwell.
This will make up for it.
I've spend ages agonising over what to wear.
What on earth does "smart casual", actually mean?.
Have a good Sunday everyone. ?

Marydoll Sun 20-May-18 06:51:25

Morning Farview.

farview Sun 20-May-18 06:57:44

Morning*Marydoll*smile

Pittcity Sun 20-May-18 07:03:28

Good morning from an overcast Colchester. Up early as I'm playing in a Walking Netball tournament this morning. It's outdoors so it suits me if the sun stays hidden until this afternoon.
Have a great time Marydoll

kittylester Sun 20-May-18 07:15:59

Morning all.

It's a fabulously bright and sunny start in North Leicestershire.

We had Bertie and Persie overnight and played musical beds all night. I've been awake since 2 am and feel like a piece of chewed string!!

Taking the children home first think then off on the Euphorbia hunt again - this time to Warwickshire!!

I'm envious of your trip Marydoll, please tell us how good it is.

Gagagran Sun 20-May-18 07:32:04

Good Morning everyone! It's a bit misty here on the south coast but I think it will clear and we shall have another fresh, sunny day.

The choir concert went well and we had a full house despite the Royal wedding, cup final and sundry other events. It took me ages to quieten my brain down afterwards though and like you Kitty I had a wakeful night. Hope for a peaceful day today to recover!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone! sunshine

harrigran Sun 20-May-18 07:36:32

Good morning, another bright sunny day. Think we will be staying at home today as we had a disturbed night. The police were parked beside our house for several hours and a van came and took someone away in handcuffs. Doors slamming and people talking outside of the car meant sleep was difficult.

Nana3 Sun 20-May-18 07:55:50

Good morning from Lancashire, sunny again, I'm going to be busy in the garden.
Smart casual means not jeans and trainers to me Marydoll, have a good time.
Sorry to hear about the disturbed night harrigran.
Have a lovely day everyone.

Mapleleaf Sun 20-May-18 08:02:10

Good morning
It's a bright and sunny morning here today. Another day in the garden, I think.
?

cornergran Sun 20-May-18 08:05:34

Morning All. Bright and sunny in our corner of Somerset. I also had a disturbed night, sadly not caused by children but rather worries circling in my head. Meeting up with family today which will ensure I sleep tonight. Ahh. The ‘smart casual’ dilemma marydoll. Don’t worry too much, I suspect you will see a complete mix. If it were me I would wear an ‘ordinary’ summer dress or lightweight trousers and a smart top. To share Mr C’s (often frustrating) advice in these situations wear something you are comfortable in and then just go and enjoy yourself, it sounds wonderful. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

travelsafar Sun 20-May-18 08:08:59

Morning all amother lovely day ahead of us hopefully.

I am off to meet my daughter to go for a walk around some local lakes then stopping for coffee at the little cafe.

Hope everyone enjoys their day smile

ginny Sun 20-May-18 08:09:42

A bright and sunny Good morning to you all.
Scrapbooking group today. We are meeting at a venue that has a lovely terrace with a view of the lake. Maybe more looking and talking than crafting!

Panache Sun 20-May-18 08:13:00

A warm Good Morning to you all.

With wedding fever perhaps behind us now,today will be a normal warm, sunny Sunday and our beaches will be the draw.
The area will be bursting at the seams by the time we reach next Bank Holiday weekend.

I guess its a quiet day here for us both with yet more of elevation for my poor leg,..............bo..........ri........ing!!!!

Have a lovely restful day folks.

Luckygirl Sun 20-May-18 08:28:57

Morning all. Lovely sunshine here. It sounds as though some have an exciting day - enjoy Marydoll! - and mysterious night activities - time to catch up on sleep lying in the garden.

I have a dilemma today - sis-in-law and spouse dropped in yesterday, as they are staying in the area, and she gave me mega-grief some time ago in an email slagging me off good and proper when I had to cancel their previous planned visit as OH and I just getting over the flu (and he has PD) and I had had one of my collapsing episodes and was feeling well and truly shaken up.

She replied with an astonishingly vitriolic email at a time when things were quite difficult already! When she came yesterday I found that I had to stay in the garden and weed as I found it hard to welcome her - they are back today at 11.30, and my DD has said to me to go over there for a cup of tea in her garden- seems a bit cowardly and I am not proud of how I feel, but it is what it is. They will be fine with OH.

To stay or to go, that is the question!!

ninathenana Sun 20-May-18 08:38:00

Morning everyone.

Dull start in Kent, a bit fresh too. I'm hoping that will change in an hour or two.
H left for the allotment at 8am as usual. I really don't have a lot to do today can I come with you Marydoll ? ?

travelsafar Sun 20-May-18 11:50:39

Planned day cancelled due to my daughter ringing to say she has a horrible virus.She can hardly talk and was constantly sniffing so we decided to leave it.

I have been working in the garden and listening to the birds singing.We have a bluetit nest in our clematis and the parents are flying back and forth constantly with food for the little ones, they work so hard poor things!!!