Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(22 Posts)
12Michael Tue 22-May-18 06:33:23

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but cloudy with some breeze this morning here in Brackley, easy day today housework then settle down for the time trial in the Giro.
Mick

MawBroon Tue 22-May-18 06:40:28

Good morning Mick and all to come! Another sunny day, we must be having all our summer at once!
On Granny duty in London until Thursday evening/Friday morning so there won’t be much time for the ipad.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

Gagagran Tue 22-May-18 06:42:47

Good Morning Mick and everyone.

It's a fine, bright start to Tuesday here on the south coast though the forecast is for showers this afternoon. Saves me watering the pots if the showers occur.

Workmen came and ground out the tree stumps in the verge outside our house yesterday with an incredibly noisy machine. It is a scene of devastation out there. Hopefully it will improve once the road widening is done and the building of 125 houses opposite us is done.

Have a good day everybody sunshine.

NanKate Tue 22-May-18 06:49:10

Good morning Mick and All.

Lovely day here too in South Bucks.

Going to have lunch with an old friend who only comes up to my neck of the woods occasionally so there will be non stop chat for an hour or so.

Enjoy the cycling Mick. I will be watching the tennis in Geneva and Lyon.

Marydoll Tue 22-May-18 06:49:34

Good morning Mick and the early risers.
It's cool and breezy here in Glasgow. I've been out to the bins, brrrrrr!
Catching up on laundry etc and then meeting a friend for lunch.
Enjoy your day everyone,

kittylester Tue 22-May-18 06:50:41

Morning Mick, morning all!

It's is a glorious start again in North Leicestershire too. This happened last year I think. Maw, summer in May but then no proper summer later on. Enjoy your granny duties!

What a mess for you to have to look at gaga and presumably disruption for quite a while.

I'm off to two Alzheimer's events today - one in our village and one in Market Harborough so, if this is summer, I'm in danger of missing it!

Greyduster Tue 22-May-18 07:24:08

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is dreary but dry in South Yorkshire. We are home from our weekend in Wales where there is life without the internet - just - but it is not much fun! I have the cold to end all colds and feel like I have been swallowing broken glass. Have a good day, folks.

NanKate Tue 22-May-18 07:27:51

Poor you Greyduster a bad throat and a few days without the Internet, pure hell in my book.

Have you tried Diflam for your throat? I bought it at Boots as it was recommended by the Doc in the DM? It really is effective if you can gargle.

Greyduster Tue 22-May-18 07:38:13

Thank you Kate - I’ll look at that if it doesn’t clear up today.

farview Tue 22-May-18 07:49:48

Morning All,chilly but promising in Lancashire,hospices hope duties today,always buy stuff that I don't need haha should just leave that to the customers,nice day wished to you all sunshine

farview Tue 22-May-18 07:50:53

Hospice shop..feel like hitting this stupid phone with a hammer!!!!

ninathenana Tue 22-May-18 07:51:35

Morning all.
I envy you your sunshine it's another grey day in Kent. We had thunder and spectacular lightenibg about 9pm yesterday but no rain.
Supermarket shop and driving H to gardening job.
I lead the high life !

Anniebach Tue 22-May-18 08:06:33

Good morning all x

ffinnochio Tue 22-May-18 08:09:49

Good morning to you all!
A beautiful start to the day.

Panache Tue 22-May-18 08:12:08

`Morning all.

How the darn weather changes here from day to day.
Yesterday it was beautifully sunny and warm,this morning we have it cool with a blustery northerly wind.

Quite a pleasant day lined up after my DH attends the Surgery for his monthly check and I again have my leg redressed..........(this is getting a real saga!!)
We shall then head off to another Town where we shall enjoy a Lunch followed by my visit to my H/D and friend..........catching up on all the "gos" whilst she does a miracle with my locks!!

Oh! dear Greyduster Wales does not seem to agree with you,sincerely hope that sore throat improves soon.

Have a good day G,N`s and may your weather be kind.

Pittcity Tue 22-May-18 08:15:36

Good morning from a cloudy Colchester. Looks like the sun will be in and out like yesterday.
Laundry, ironing and shopping day.

harrigran Tue 22-May-18 08:21:47

Good morning, it's grey and wet here in the north.
Hairdresser coming this morning.
I would like to finish a history book that I started yesterday, it is about the area I was born and grew up in. Will be staying close to the phone in case of being called for childcare duties, DS's car had catastrophic breakdown yesterday.

NfkDumpling Tue 22-May-18 08:26:21

Morning All

A wonderful, bright summers morning in the north of Norfolk. The gazebo went up yesterday (it’s a quite substantial effort - reduced at the garden centre and we now know why) and will stay up all summer. We had lunch outside yesterday and this morning I just had breakfast OUTSIDE!

Now off to have a bath (so I can scrub my feet) and a shower using that pink body wash from the hospital in preparation for Friday. Then I wanted to do some gardening. Is this a bad idea?!

NfkDumpling Tue 22-May-18 08:34:57

The edge has just been taken off the day. Fighter planes are practicing over Norfolk again. How can two men playing tag make sooooo much noise!!

ginny Tue 22-May-18 08:35:24

Good morning.
Sunny with a few whispy clouds here in N.Bucks. The air is cool though,
Some household jobs this morning and then lunch with a couple of friends. Some essential food shopping this afternoon.
I love reading about what you are all doing each day. Is it because I am nosy !

Mapleleaf Tue 22-May-18 09:00:12

Good morning, everyone.
It’s not quite as bright as yesterday at this time, but it does look as if it’s improving.
Sorry to hear that you have returned from Wales full of cold, Greyduster. I hope that you soon start to feel better.
We have starlings nesting in our eaves, and goodness, they were noisy through the night with lots of wing flapping and moving about from the young. I suppose it must feel quite cramped and stuffy for them, but I wish they could sleep through the night! They can’t be far off from fledging, though. ?

Mapleleaf Tue 22-May-18 09:02:35

Nfk that sounds a wonderful idea. ?
Hope those fighter pilots go for their breakfast soon!