Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(21 Posts)
12Michael Thu 24-May-18 06:28:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dull and grey here in Brackley with signs of rain , from possible overnight thunderstorms.
Mick

kittylester Thu 24-May-18 06:36:08

Morning Mick, morning all.

It is dull and cloudy in North Leicestershire but we are promised a hot day.

Volunteering in Leicester later on in an airless room so I hope it's not too hot.

Enjoy your days everyone!

Nana3 Thu 24-May-18 06:38:00

Good morning. Sunny in Lancashire and enjoying it very much.
Have a good day everyone.

Besstwishes Thu 24-May-18 06:42:00

Pouring with rain here in the south this morning, I don’t know if we are due for some sunshine today, but the sky is sooo grey.

NanKate Thu 24-May-18 07:01:22

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

Grey and wet in South Bucks today and set to be like this all day I think.

Starting to pack to go to stay from tomorrow with DS and GSs for a long weekend. We will be in total charge for 2 days as DS is working and ex DinL is away for the weekend. It will be very tiring but good fun, most of the time ?

Thunderstorms are expected on the south coast where we will be this weekend, hope the forecasts are wrong.

TerriBull Thu 24-May-18 07:07:31

Good morning from the south east grey and wet today. Nan Kate you have just pipped me at the post, we did go to Cliveden yesterday, we certainly picked the right day it was wonderful, how lucky you are to live nearby. Had coffee and a scone in The Orangery you mentioned. The grounds are spectacular we also wandered down to the riverside, quite a trek back. Will probably return because the house was closed yesterday.

Not too much on today, apart from a pm trip to the garden centre.

cornergran Thu 24-May-18 07:10:36

Morning All. Grey start in our corner if Somerser, heavy feel with rain promised. The garden will be smiling. Catch up day today and a mini food shop. Oh well, can’t have sun every day. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

NanKate Thu 24-May-18 07:17:27

Well done for getting down to the river Terribull it is quite a hike and coming back up is like Mount Everest. You can get trips on the river in the summer weekends. You just have to arrange it from the Info Hut in the car park.

Glad you got into the Orangery too, I don’t want it to be modernised ?

ninathenana Thu 24-May-18 07:21:03

Morning all.

Once again it's grey in Kent. Will it brighten later ? who knows.
I should be having lunch out with a friend. If she can make it, waiting for a yay or nay.
Have a good day everyone.

gillybob Thu 24-May-18 07:38:55

Good morning everyone. Another cool, grey day on the NE coast. I do hope our summer hasn’t been and gone.

Off to work again today. Role on Friday....... I’m wishing my life away these days. Hope you have a good Thursday everyone.

Greyduster Thu 24-May-18 07:41:14

Good morning Michael and all GNs. Cold and grey in South Yorkshire today, but I have lots of indoor domestics that can no longer be ignored. Then later GS is back from his school trip to France so can't wait to say 'welcome home - I've missed you!' Have a good day folks.

Belgravian Thu 24-May-18 07:47:57

Good morning.

Pittcity Thu 24-May-18 07:48:35

Good morning from a bright but overcast Colchester. Warm with a few raindrops in the air weather...yuk!
Might go to weekly coffee meetup in town if I can summon up the oomph.....

Panache Thu 24-May-18 08:14:36

Good Morning from a corner of West Wales that is gearing up to make the most of this warm and sunny weather.
Hopefully showing off our area in an uplifting and pleasing way to our many holiday makers whom have been flocking in............by car,by train complete with Caravans,bicycles a top or towing a boat!!!

One paddock duly mowed so one relieved DH........but there are already plenty of other jobs lining up in readiness.

Have yourselves a very pleasant day and for those having rain or grey weather I hope you too have better weather over this week end.

Anniebach Thu 24-May-18 08:17:36

Good morning all x

DanniRae Thu 24-May-18 08:25:22

Good Morning everyone from a grey and rainy South East London. Making a chicken curry this evening for my precious daughter and son. A quick trip to the local shops for naan bread and poppadoms (the latter of which I will have too many of as yummy!) then a bit of ironing - not done any for ages.
Have a good day everyone whatever you are doing smile

ffinnochio Thu 24-May-18 08:26:18

Good morning to you all!

Another bright, fresh and calm start to the day.

Gagagran Thu 24-May-18 08:37:54

Morning everybody! Late this morning as we have done the usual weekly supermarket shop. It is dull and overcast and keeps trying to rain a bit here on the south coast. We are forecast thunderstorms later. The garden will be grateful for a soaking.

I am unusually well prepared for the family gathering this weekend so keep thinking "what have I missed?" I shall consult my lists again!

Have a good day folks! sunshine

Sar53 Thu 24-May-18 09:49:19

Good morning everyone from a dull Essex by the sea. We obviously had rain during the night and the sun is trying to come out, not sure what the outcome will be.
OH has been away with work and not due back til very late tonight. I thought I would have a sort out and go to the recycling centre, checked the opening times and it is closed on Thursday !! Will probably leave it til next week now.
Off to do a bit of shopping. Have a good day everyone.

Mapleleaf Thu 24-May-18 10:02:53

Good morning to you all,

As greyduster has said, it's cold and grey here, but it does look as if the sky is lightening, so I'm hoping it will do as it did yesterday and become bright, warm and sunny.

Wishing you all a good day. ?

ginny Thu 24-May-18 10:16:45

A late Good morning to all. DGS stayed overnight so all upside down today. Off to the park if it stays dry but it’s not looking good here in N. Bucks. Some food to prepare later.
Caravan packing this evening.