Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(21 Posts)
12Michael Sat 26-May-18 06:30:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey but dry start here start here in Brackley , so could be thunderstorms around as well.
Mick

Gagagran Sat 26-May-18 06:38:47

Morning Mick and everyone.

It's the same conditions here on the south coast and difficult to know whether to risk setting up to eat outdors at the family gathering today. Typical British summer!

Bet you enjoyed the Giro yesterday. Masterclass from Froomey! wink

Busy day ahead for us but lovely to have all my chicks under our roof again.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

ninathenana Sat 26-May-18 06:54:50

Morning everyone.

Well, it's a grey start in Kent but the last couple of days I've posted that the sun appeared about an hour later.
Going to the Kent Garden Show today. Lots of nurseries plying their wares. We always spend to much smile
My eye op was fine, only down side is they discovered that next time they need to do both eyes sad
Have a good day everyone.

NanKate Sat 26-May-18 06:58:07

Morning Mick and Gaga and All to follow.

We are near the south coast helping with the GSs. Up early to get them to the hairdressers then to football and then hopefully back home for a BBQ whatever the weather.⚡️⚡️⚡️

DS is going out with friends tonight, he needs a break, and has asked if he can stay over so we will be in total charge of the boys for the night ?

NanKate Sat 26-May-18 06:58:48

Glad all went well for you Nina

Greyduster Sat 26-May-18 07:26:30

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A grey but dry start in South Yorkshire, and breezy, which is fine if the breeze weren’t continually coming from the North. Set to clear later it seems. DD and her menfolk are barbecuing today all being well, so we are off over to theirs later. Glad your eye op was ok, nina. NanKate you will love being putty in their hands! Don’t we all??. Have a good day, folks!

NfkDumpling Sat 26-May-18 07:45:55

Morning All

Grey here too in Norwich. It was really warm most of the night and I had the window open and only a sheet on me. But it’s turned decidedly chilly now - not sure which way the wind is but it feels north easterly!

I’m glad all went well for you nina. My op went fine too and I now have a new knee under all the bandages. Hurts a bit though! Didn’t get back from surgery until five so not much time to learn to walk and climb stairs before they chuck me out on Monday morning! Perhaps I can malinger and get an extra day of Oramorph.

Marydoll Sat 26-May-18 07:47:43

Good morning all. A dull and breezy start here in Glasgow. Nina, I'm glad you survived your procedure.
Enjoy your day everyone.

Marydoll Sat 26-May-18 07:49:00

NfkDumpling, get well soon. flowers

kittylester Sat 26-May-18 07:54:12

Morning all from North Leicestershire where the weather looks a bit iffy.

We spent 6 hours driving yesterday to spend 3 hours with DD2 and girls. It was lovely to see them but the traffic was awful.

After a very busy week, I intend having a relaxing weekend with a lot of pottering and even more sitting down.

Glad the eye procedure was not too bad, nina. Enjoy time with your boys Kate.

kittylester Sat 26-May-18 07:56:12

Crumbs, nfk, I missed that your op was yesterday. Malinger all you can but get well soon.

Pittcity Sat 26-May-18 07:58:56

Good morning from a warm, damp Colchester. Feels muggy and yuk!
Quiet day in with housework, paperwork and TV catchup.

All the best Nfk flowers

Panache Sat 26-May-18 08:03:00

Good Morning to you all on this whit bank holiday weekend.

Weather looking hopeful so we can but keep our fingers crossed!
A special get well soon Nfk D whilst I rather think you are putting on a very brave face Nina....anything to do with the eyes makes me a tad squeamish!

May you all enjoy your time with the younger members or whatever your plans may be.
Let there be some warm sunshine too sunshine

ninathenana Sat 26-May-18 08:03:21

Nfk Sorry, I didn't realise it was done yesterday either.
Speedy recovery flowers and brew whilst on the Oramorph then a large wine or several to duplicate the effect smile

ginny Sat 26-May-18 08:04:05

Good morning all. Raining here near Waymouth but should clear later.
All 3 DDs and their families joining us today for the rest of the week.
Glad your op’s are done nfl and Nina. Wishing you a both a speedy recovery.

Greyduster Sat 26-May-18 08:08:07

NfK get well soon! May you be back birding on the marshes in no time!

Anniebach Sat 26-May-18 08:24:17

Nfk. Wish you a speedy recovery x

Good morning all x

harrigran Sat 26-May-18 08:27:30

Good morning, overcast but dry here in the north.
DS and family have gone on holiday and we can relax. Last week DS's car, bought the week before, lost all the oil and engine seized.
A quiet weekend with the newspapers for me.

gillybob Sat 26-May-18 08:33:04

Good morning from a rather dull North East coast. A family lunch to celebrate my dads 80th birthday today and my new baby granddaughters debut outing.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

MawBroon Sat 26-May-18 09:13:26

Good morning all from a grey but dry corner of N Bucks.
Glad things went well Nina and that is behind you for now at least. The “joys” of BH driving , kitty, I was glad to drive back from Walthamstow in my usual 1 1/2 hours on Thursday night as I suspected the M 25 and 1 would be dire, and my Ocado delivery driver confirmed the latter.
I think I am going to do as little as possible today, the fact that I (and Hattie) slept through until 8.15 suggests we have some relaxing to catch up on.
Wishing you all a pleasant day and hope you miss any ?⛈!

TerriBull Sat 26-May-18 09:24:17

Good morning everyone, dull and overcast here in the south east. The predicted sunshine did arrive yesterday, but early evening rather than afternoon, I'm hoping it will break through a bit earlier than that today.

I'm having an assault on wardrobes and drawers this morning, pulling out stuff that isn't being worn and taking them down to a charity shop later. Other than that planting out garden pots with some new plants purchased the other day.

Have a good day everyone, it seems we are "all under it together" grey skies that is.