Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(18 Posts)
12Michael Fri 01-Jun-18 06:39:01

Good Morning Everyone,
it dry but its dull and grey after heavy overnight thunderstorms here in Brackley .
Yesterdays trip to the Black country museum was Ok.
Did the canal as well through the tunnels , had seen it on TV on a programme about geology and canals , and interesting 45 minute journey.
Mick

kittylester Fri 01-Jun-18 07:03:16

Morning Mick, morning all.

North Leicestershire is quite grey this morning but also fairly muggy.

Thanks for the info on the Black Country Museum, Mick, we really need to go.

DH is going to the cricket so I have the house to myself - ALL DAY!!

Gagagran Fri 01-Jun-18 07:03:31

Good Morning Mick and everyone.

I thought the canal trip was the highlight at the museum - plus the fish and chips!

It's a misty start here on the south coast but we have not had the thunderstorms which have featured in the forecast this week.

A quiet day planned but that may well change!

Have a good day folks! sunshine

Gagagran Fri 01-Jun-18 07:04:15

Morning kitty!

Nana3 Fri 01-Jun-18 07:10:52

Good morning Mick and everyone. The sun is trying to break through and I have a WI walk today, we are doing part of the Lancashire Coastal Path. We began it last year and today will start at Blackpool central pier and head north.
I hope the storms are not causing serious problems for any of you.
Have a good day everyone.

harrigran Fri 01-Jun-18 07:25:47

Good morning, dry and quite mild here in the north.
We have not had a thunderstorm yet this year.
DH at his cousin's funeral this morning then DD visiting this afternoon, her flight north from Heathrow was delayed last night probably because of the storms.

Marydoll Fri 01-Jun-18 07:30:53

Good morning all. It's very muggy here in Glasgow and thunderstorms forecast for later.
I'm glad you had a good day yesterday Mick.
We are off to the Ideal Home show with the family and then a meal. I'm so looking forward to seeing DGD. She will be revelling in having her all fans (her aunties and uncles) spoiling her. smile

NfkDumpling Fri 01-Jun-18 07:45:21

Morning All

Grey, still and and a bit foggy here in the north of Norfolk. We had a very heavy shower yesterday but none of the forecast storms reached us.

I was going to DS’s house today for a shower but there’s so many road works and closures on our side of Norwich it’s not worth venturing out. SiL tried twice to reach us yesterday and gave up! Goodness knows how the emergency services are managing.

Greyduster Fri 01-Jun-18 08:01:31

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Glad you enjoyed your trip, Mick. I love canals. Grey but dry in South Yorkshire. I have food shopping and ironing to do. Oh joy. Have a good day folks.

MawBroon Fri 01-Jun-18 08:04:08

Good morning everybody from a misty and overcast corner of N Bucks.
Yesterday’s threatened thunderstorms didn’t seem to materialise, for which, much thanks.
Not sure what is happening today other than coffee with friends this afternoon, but I hope everybody’s day is a pleasant one!

Mapleleaf Fri 01-Jun-18 08:15:37

Good morning everyone,
As greyduster says, it’s grey but dry here at the moment. I didn’t hear any thunder through the night even though the forecast said it might do so.
Waiting in for a delivery today, so can’t go anywhere until it’s been.
Hope your day is a good one. ?

Anniebach Fri 01-Jun-18 08:22:27

Good morning all x

ninathenana Fri 01-Jun-18 08:25:42

Morning all.
Thick fog came in about 6pm last night here in Kent and is still lingering.
DD was supposed to move today but due to third party inefficiency it's been postponed. She is not happy

Panache Fri 01-Jun-18 08:33:04

A warm good mornning to you all.

Just to say I am "getting there" following my `op ,though the whole business has been most traumatic to say the least......leg now healing,this `op over and now onto the next problem........happy days!
Thank goodness for the NHS!

Weather decidely unsettled but no thunderstorms in West Wales.......as yet.

Have yourselves a good day.

ginny Fri 01-Jun-18 08:34:01

Good morning all. Damp and overcast near Weymouth.
No plans yet for today other than a family lunch at a pub. We’ll see how it goes. Just off to the other side of the field with DGS2 to have a chat with the donkeys .

Pittcity Fri 01-Jun-18 08:36:12

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Another muggy, sweaty day methinks.
Visiting friends in Lincolnshire this evening so we are making a day of it and driving through Cambridgeshire and visiting Denny Abbey on the way. Packing a picnic and waterproofs.

NanKate Fri 01-Jun-18 09:20:22

Morning Mick and All.

Back after 6 exhausting days with the family. It was lovely to be in my own bed last night.

Glad to see you back Panache.

Good that you managed the Canal trip Mick. If you have a chance to go to Blist Mill Victorian Village in Ironbridge do take the opportunity. IMO it is better than the Black Country Museum.

I’m coughing and spluttering for England. ?

Anniebach Fri 01-Jun-18 09:57:58

Good morning all x