Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Monday

(25 Posts)
12Michael Mon 04-Jun-18 06:28:50

Good Morning Everyone,
its grey but dry here in Brackley at the moment, usual Monday housework etc.
Mick

stevierichards1954 Mon 04-Jun-18 06:31:27

Overcast here in west midlands. A day in garden before coffee with son in town

silverdarlings Mon 04-Jun-18 06:32:40

Morning Mick-dry and still here in South Lakes-filling window boxes today. Slainte.

travelsafar Mon 04-Jun-18 06:44:47

A proper grey day here this morning but i am off to do a 5Hr shift in care first thing followed by a siesta this afternoon then the cinema this evening with my sister to see the new Shelia Handcock film Edie.have a productive and enjoyable day everyone.

Nana3 Mon 04-Jun-18 06:46:59

Good morning, looking like another scorcher in Lancashire, dare we get used to it.
Have a good day everyone.

kittylester Mon 04-Jun-18 06:47:51

Morning all from an overcast but warm North Leicestershire.

Not much planned today apart from lunch with some friends.

We had a treat yesterday when the Red Arrows performed at the Heritage railway 1940s event in the next village. We didn't see that but we did see them, from our garden, on their way home - low and loud! Fabulous.

Greyduster Mon 04-Jun-18 07:11:59

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A very cool dull start in South Yorkshire. We are out early to take the car for servicing and then kick our heels until it is ready, so will probably have a walk and coffee in the park, and then hang out at DD’s until it is time to meet GS from school. Long, unproductive day away from home for us. Enjoy yours, everyone.

Gagagran Mon 04-Jun-18 07:21:18

Morning all! (sounding like Jack Warner)

It's another sunny warm day here on the south coast so augurs well for my laundry drying outdoors.

The roses are about to burst forth and I have never seen so many buds. Was the long cold and wet winter the impetus they needed? It should be a fine show whatever the reason.

Enjoy your day everyone. sunshine

MawBroon Mon 04-Jun-18 07:23:28

Good morning all from an (as yet) overcast and grey corner of N Bucks.
However I believe it is due to brighten up and be sunny later- we shall see.
Art History this afternoon - a course on Artists on Film, where we alternate films which have featured a famous artist with studying his/her work, e.g Girl with the Pearl Earring and Vermeer.
Really interesting!
Wishing you all a pleasant day, and hoping that you, Greyduster have recovered from yesterday’s poorliness..

NanKate Mon 04-Jun-18 07:38:44

Morning Mick and All.

Overcast in the Thames Valley today.

Not going to Keep Fit as I am still coughing for England.

What fun Kitty seeing/hearing the Red Arrows ✈️

I wish I was on your course MawBroon I bet it is run by the WEA.

NfkDumpling Mon 04-Jun-18 07:41:42

Morning All

Grey and still here in Norfolk and forecast to stay so. It did brighten mid afternoon yesterday so perhaps .....

I’ve booked a reflexology session this afternoon with a lovely lady who comes to the house. Really looking forward to it.

ninathenana Mon 04-Jun-18 07:41:54

Morning everyone.

After yesterdays sunshinesunshine scorcher it's a grey start in Kent.
No plans today, just pottering.

ginny Mon 04-Jun-18 07:43:17

Good Morning from a cool and overcast N. Bucks.
Off to DD1s house to wait for a furniture delivery. Afterwards I shall be shopping to replace some of the food lost from the freezer disaster.

Panache Mon 04-Jun-18 08:03:22

A very good morning from the western coast of Wales.

What a beauty it is too,much like yesterday which proved to be warm sunshine all day through.

It was a real treat taking a gentle stroll amidst the boating crowd in our nearby Marina and the perfect excuse to sit over one of their rather special Italian ice creams ..........watching the world going by!
Pure tonic.

Nothing lasts for ever so today my DH has a full day of mowing up ahead............everything is growing so fast.

I think it will be a quiet one for me,but it has to be out under a brolly.

Enjoy your day

Marydoll Mon 04-Jun-18 08:06:53

Good morning from Glasgow. It's dull, but very muggy here. Hopefully it will clear up later.
A couple of bits and pieces to do this morning, but after a sleepless night, I really can't be botheredsad.
I shall give myself a shake and get on with it! grin.
Have a good day all.

gillybob Mon 04-Jun-18 08:07:41

Yet another miserable grey murky day .

Still, won’t make much difference where I’m going .

Hope it’s a better day wherever you are .

Pittcity Mon 04-Jun-18 08:13:01

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Playing a round of Frisbee Golf instead of netball this morning, if the weather holds out. Same crowd, same place, different sport.

Nelliemoser Mon 04-Jun-18 08:13:27

Good morning All. It is very warm in Cheshire .
I saw a lovely Jay in the garden this morning. I had not seen him for some time.

Anniebach Mon 04-Jun-18 08:26:51

Good morning all x

Sar53 Mon 04-Jun-18 08:28:38

Good morning everyone from a grey Essex by the sea. I'm meeting up with one maybe two grans this morning. We don't know each other, yet, but certainly looking forward to it.
Enjoy your day everyone.

harrigran Mon 04-Jun-18 08:48:19

Good morning, overcast with no prospect of better weather.
Will catch up with recorded TV programmes.

TerriBull Mon 04-Jun-18 08:59:09

Good morning from an overcast south east. Looking after 4 year old grandson today, so a trip to the park, feeding the ducks and crawling around on the floor with cars, dinosaurs and duplo will be the sum total of my day, the house already looks as if we've been burgled grin still all good fun, albeit somewhat knackering.

Have a good day everyone.

Mapleleaf Mon 04-Jun-18 09:15:55

Good morning everyone,
A dull, grey start to the day here. Feel tired though as DH was coughing all through the night. I don’t think he’ll be going to work today.
Coffee morning today and strawberry tea tonight. Looking forward to both.
Those of you feeling unwell, I hope you soon feel better.

Mapleleaf Mon 04-Jun-18 11:58:43

DH has gone to work and is now stuck on the M18 as a truck has overturned! Goodness knows what time he’ll reach Birmingham. ?

LynneB59 Mon 04-Jun-18 12:19:36

Hello Mick and all, I gave a lift to my son, to his new place of work, other side of town. Went to the shop and post office, did some errands. Took the cat to the vet (he's been bitten by another cat), stipped all 3 beds, done the washing. Spent an hour ringing various places to try to get a large minibus for elderly people (I run a day centre)... and it's still only 12.20!