Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(22 Posts)
JustALaugh Wed 13-Jun-18 09:56:18

Hello all,

It's a lovely sunny morning in Nottingham. I've put 2 loads of washing on the line. Going to buy a new wardrobe later, then see the 2 granddaughters after school, for the park and then dinner somewhere.

Pittcity Wed 13-Jun-18 09:01:07

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Back to unpredictable British weather, brolly and sunglasses in bag!
Usual Wednesday coffee morning and a few errands in town.
Glad you're doing well nfk, we must arrange a Norwich meetup again.

NfkDumpling Wed 13-Jun-18 08:48:10

Well, that didn’t last. Sun has gone. Grey clouds back again! Thanks for all the good wishes. Has anyone heard how harrigran is progressing?

Maybelle Wed 13-Jun-18 08:45:12

Good morning all, lovely sunny day in the North West. Pottering in the garden this morning followed by finishing a jigsaw in the afternoon.

Nana3 Wed 13-Jun-18 08:41:05

Good morning all, not a good forecast for the north, rain on the way. Thanks for all the messages yesterday, gn friends have always given me wonderful support and the job of clearing my parents house is almost done at long last.
Glad to hear of your good progress NfkD and thinking of you harrigran.
Have a good day everyone .

Greyduster Wed 13-Jun-18 08:39:02

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A nice sunny start in South Yorkshire. Another here who is not sure what the plan will be today. Play it by ear, I think! At the moment, I’m still in bed! Have a good day, folks.

Anniebach Wed 13-Jun-18 08:27:18

Good morning all x

cornergran Wed 13-Jun-18 08:09:13

Morning All. Clouding over in our corner of Somerset. Truly not sure what I’ll do today other than a quick dash to the shops. Hay fever is giving me, and everyone within earshot, a hard time. Never mind, it will pass. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

ninathenana Wed 13-Jun-18 07:57:44

Morning everyone.

Horray a sunny start in Kent ! Haven't had that for days.
I didn't get to the thread yesterday as we had a late morning after helping DD decorate new flat on Monday. ( back there tomorrow)
H working all say today and I must do housework.
Happy days everyone.
Well done Nfk

Panache Wed 13-Jun-18 07:29:52

A shame to miss out on these beautiful fresh sunny mornings,such a treat and an incentive to get up and out!
.......joining in with the bird chorus......best time of day.

`Morning to you all,hope you too are making the most of this summer sunshine.

A medal is awarded NfkD.........you really are pushing the boat out and good for you,we shall have you entering for the marathon next!!!

Keep enjoying Nankate......you will be a new lady when you return home!!!

Shopping on our agenda this morning,well the larder has to be well stocked and my DH does a better job of it than ever I did!!

Let the sunshine continue for you all sunshine

MawBroon Wed 13-Jun-18 07:27:51

Good morning all from a bright and sunny corner of N Bucks. It stayed lovely for my visit to Castle Ashby gardens and Arboretum yesterday which I recommend to anyone if you are ever in the area.
Collecting my hanging baskets from the nursery this morning and then Lit class in Bedford this afternoon - Northanger Abbey. Oh dear, I should have reread the book as it’s been a long time since I last opened it blush
NfkDumpling that is amazing - don’t overdo it though!
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

gillybob Wed 13-Jun-18 07:24:02

Good morning Mick and everyone. What a day yesterday turned out to be... I no sooner got the children to school and me to work when I was called to say DGD poorly and could I pick her up. It’s very hard when parents work shifts.

Anyway it’s a bright start here on the NE coast . I’ve had very little sleep and it’s time to wake the children again and start all over.

Have a good Wednesday everyone.

ginny Wed 13-Jun-18 07:23:05

Good morning. The sun is out in N. Bucks.
Yoga this morning. Craft club this afternoon, project all ready to take. Another clubs social evening later, cakes all ready to take. A couple of small garden jobs to fit in as well.
Have a good day everyone.

kittylester Wed 13-Jun-18 07:03:03

Morning all.

Kate is correct, it is a lovely sunny start in North Leicestershire. School run in Derby for me today.

harrigran Wed 13-Jun-18 06:50:36

Good morning, pleasant here in the NE. Been awake since 5.30 but that happens when you are asleep by 10pm.
Hope to be more ambulant today but pain and soreness is very debilitating.

NanKate Wed 13-Jun-18 06:44:33

Good Morning Mick and all

A lovely sunny morning in North Leicestershire.

Off to Nottingham today for the first time for me and to DH’s old Uni stomping ground. Going to an outdoor performance at a NT property tonight, really enjoying our short holiday break away.

Have a good day folks.

silverlining48 Wed 13-Jun-18 06:40:55

Nfk enjoy your walk, glad you are recovering well.

Gagagran Wed 13-Jun-18 06:39:13

Morning Mick, Mary and everyone!

The sun is shining here on the south coast so looks like another nice day in store.

DH is out with his bike club today so I am the relief taxi driver for DGD who is doing GCSEs. She only has to be in school for the exams and there is no public transport to their village. She finishes with physics (ugh!) on Friday and can then relax until 23 August when the results should be out.

Have a good day folks! sunshine

silverlining48 Wed 13-Jun-18 06:38:40

Morning Mick, morning Marydoll. Have been awake for hours, wish I could sleep til 6 am say...what a luxury.
Anyway hope you and all who are still snoozing and who drop in later have a good day.
It’s bright already here in kent with a blue sky, promises to be a good one. Plan to walk with our little group today, always good exercise. Then school pick up later.

NfkDumpling Wed 13-Jun-18 06:35:19

Morning Mick, morning All

Thank goodness the wind has changed direction at last So there’s less chance of that nasty, cold North Sea cloud drifting over. Bright and sunny here this morning and the birdies are all singing.

No plans for today other than to walk the dog with DH. I managed about a mile yesterday with two crutches to make sure my gait is correct. Still doing the excercises! Two and a half weeks and already I’m walking better than I have in months. So pleased I didn’t chicken out (I came close!)

Marydoll Wed 13-Jun-18 06:33:35

Good morning, Mick! And all who follow. Bright sunny morning here in Glasgow. Looking after DGD, today. She has gone from being the most well behaved darling to a two year old madam setting her boundaries, girding our loins for a battle of wills today.?
Have a good day, everyone. I hope the ?lasts!

12Michael Wed 13-Jun-18 06:26:59

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bright sunny start here in Brackley this morning, put on a little bit of weight change diet slightly.
Mick