Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(25 Posts)
Juggernaut Thu 14-Jun-18 09:41:58

Morning all!
It's a bit overcast here in West Cheshire, and the wind's getting stronger by the minute!
Haven't got DGS today, so will be tidying and cleaning house... thrilling stuffwink
May encourage DH to take me out for coffee and cake a little later, a reward for doing houseworkgrin
Hope everyone has a good day, batten down the hatches!

JustALaugh Thu 14-Jun-18 09:31:10

Morning everyone, it's very windy and overcast in Nottingham.

I'm going to get some wrapping paper for my granddaughter's presents, then meet a friend for coffee and cake in a cafe. I'm making shepherd's pie for dinner, then I'll relax with a glass of wine tonight.

Gagagran Thu 14-Jun-18 09:22:52

Good Morning everyone - later than usual but then today is not our usual routine.

DH slept over at DD's last night as she and her DH are both away at conferences so I did a solo supermarket run early - very early as I was awake and up by 4.15am. Came home and got everything unpacked and stored away then then the cabinet door fell off the integrated dish washer! Why do these things happen when Himself is not here?

I suspect 40 winks will be the order of my afternoon.

Have a good day folks and enjoy your meet-ups. sunshine

Greyduster Thu 14-Jun-18 08:59:10

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Grey and very windy in South Yorkshire this morning. I got up at five and looked at the garden and the plants were taking a battering ☹️! Picking up some tile samples later and then to the hairdressers (no purple streaks - respect ?*Silverlining!*). School run later. GS was very excited on Monday about his school project - he suggested we should try and make some Viking bread. Didn’t they go to Sainsbury’s like everyone else?? Have a good day, folks!

Mapleleaf Thu 14-Jun-18 08:55:21

Good morning everyone.
Strong gusts of wind here, too. The clouds are scudding across the sky. Supposed to have brighter intervals later.
Decorating all finished, but now waiting for new carpet in dining room tomorrow, so still all upside down! I keep telling myself it will all be worth it when we're straight again. ??.
Those of you going on meet ups, have a lovely time. May they be the first of many.

Anniebach Thu 14-Jun-18 08:46:33

Good morning all x

Marydoll Thu 14-Jun-18 08:39:10

Good morning all, blowing a hurricane here in Glasgow.
We have DGD today, so it will be a long day stuck in the house☹️
We will need to do some baking or crafting to keep our out of mischief.?
I hope all those who are poorly, continue to make progress.?

NfkDumpling Thu 14-Jun-18 08:17:21

Twice is good going harrigran. Slowly does it.

harrigran Thu 14-Jun-18 08:13:58

Good morning, ditto what gillybob says, blowing a hurricane.
Another disturbed night but DH only had to get up with me twice so baby steps.

ninathenana Thu 14-Jun-18 08:12:43

Morning all.

Very windy in N Kent too. Lunch out with a friend today. We don't meet up often but text all the time which makes our meetings all the better.
Have a good day everyone.

ginny Thu 14-Jun-18 08:04:53

Good morning from a windy N. Bucks. The sun is hiding today.
We have DGS today and the weather has changed our plans. We shall stay local but hopefully still get to a park.
Sewing group this evening.

cornergran Thu 14-Jun-18 07:58:58

Morning All. Grey in our corner of Somerset, rain spots on the window. Collecting Mr C’s mended computer at some point today so he’s happy. May have some lunch out otherwise a wait and see day. Sounds a day for meeting GN friends, how lovely, enjoy everyone. Hope Thursday is kind to all.

gillybob Thu 14-Jun-18 07:58:14

Well scrap my previous comments that it’s just a touch breezy on the NE coast, it’s now blowing a hurricane ! Jeez what a change in less than an hour ! Hold on to yer hats !

Panache Thu 14-Jun-18 07:48:03

Good Morning all G.N`s.......

Indeed a sad end to the lovely summery weather and this morning we are greeted with grey skies and some dampness with the occasional blustery wind.......hopefully only temporary of course.
At least that puts paid to gardening!

Sounds as though some of our G.N`s are having some fun times meeting up with others............looking forward to the day I can say the same!!

May you all enjoy your "meets" and may the rest of you have a pleasant and fulfilling day.

gillybob Thu 14-Jun-18 07:40:03

Good morning Mick and everyone. A late start for me this morning and so much to do !

There is a severe weather warning in place for very high winds in the NE this morning but whilst it’s a touch breezy out, it’s nowhere near as bad as we were told to expect (unless this is the calm before the storm).

DGD2 still poorly and off school and a funeral this afternoon (I had one last Thursday too so hopefully no more for a very long time). Work, school run etc. So a very busy day ahead.

Have a good Thursday everyone.

NanKate Thu 14-Jun-18 07:38:31

Have a wonderful time Maw and well done to your DD, you have a right to be proud. I think Maxine Peake is great.

Pittcity Thu 14-Jun-18 07:36:46

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. A bit of a breeze but no rain yet.
Nothing planned for today..waiting for DH to decide what he would like to do.

MawBroon Thu 14-Jun-18 07:19:06

Good morning everybody, it’s a bit grey and windy here, but no sign of rain as yet......
I too am looking forward to meeting a GN friend for the first time , but it’s not kittylester!
We are going to see Maxine Peake in “Happy Days” in Manchester at the Royal Exchange. DD is the designer of this production so I shall be wearing my proud mum hat!
Wishing you all a pleasant day wherever you are!

NanKate Thu 14-Jun-18 07:14:33

Good morning Mick and All.

Well it is the end of a lovely short holiday with family in North Leicestershire, but I have saved the best till last, I am meeting for the very first time a very supportive kind GN friend. Get the kettle on we have a lot to talk about. ?

kittylester Thu 14-Jun-18 06:53:52

Morning all!

Grey and muggy in North Leicestershire but it's also quite windy.

A really exciting morning for me as I am meeting a lovely gn friend for the first time today. I also have an exciting afternoon in store as Persie has asked if dh and I can pick her up from school - apparently mummy is so boring. grin

Nana3 Thu 14-Jun-18 06:51:53

Good morning Mick and all, it's a bit windy in Lancashire. We're heading north to Scotland and the weather forecast says it's very windy there.
I have a bit of purple in my hair silver, but it's too subtle and nobody notices.
Have a good day everyone.

NfkDumpling Thu 14-Jun-18 06:34:09

Very breezy - that gust was quite strong!

NfkDumpling Thu 14-Jun-18 06:33:46

Morning All

Grey and breezy here in Norfolk. At least the wind has changed direction so it’s not cold.

Enjoy your purple hair silver and Happy Birthday!

silverlining48 Thu 14-Jun-18 06:28:49

Good morning Mick. Grey here in kent too but maybe like so many days recently the sun will come out later, uts early still.
Haurdresser coming today, no one else knows but i have decided to have my hair dyed purple, just some if it, for my 70th later this month. Am hoping it wont be a big mistake.
Have a good day all.

12Michael Thu 14-Jun-18 06:19:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey start here in brackley this morning, usual trip out again today
Mick