Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(23 Posts)
MawBroon Sat 16-Jun-18 09:03:13

flowers aggie
Be glad when the weekend is over, at least I can try to ignore tomorrow.

aggie Sat 16-Jun-18 09:01:01

Morning all , there has been a good bit of rain in the night , help the garden . Maw we have Graveyard Sunday tomorrow then Jim's Month's Mind next Sunday . It is a way of remembering , but coming a bit soon

Anniebach Sat 16-Jun-18 08:31:55

Good morning all x

Pittcity Sat 16-Jun-18 08:29:14

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. The garden could do with a drop of rain.
Looking after DGSs today and staying overnight....trashing their house not ours!

Oopsadaisy53 Sat 16-Jun-18 08:17:58

Morning everybody, it’s stopped raining here and the sun is trying to come out.
Hope everyone has a good day

Greyduster Sat 16-Jun-18 08:15:23

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Weather as Maple has said, but there may be a sign of it brightening. GS has been here overnight and is still asleep - he must need it. I woke up in the night with pain in my leg and couldn’t bend my knee, but it seems to have righted itself. Not sure what the day will bring. Glad to hear you are a little more comfortable Harri. Have a good day, folks.

silverlining48 Sat 16-Jun-18 08:12:47

Morning all, it’s fairly bright here in kent, had expected a grey day, but there’s still time.
Not doing much today so it may be a chance to get some housework done. Hmm"........
Have a peaceful weekend everyone

Marydoll Sat 16-Jun-18 07:53:29

Send us some of your sun please, Yiayia

Yiayia4 Sat 16-Jun-18 07:51:33

Good Morning everyone from Corfu,cloud and sun today but still very warm.Have a great Saturday

Panache Sat 16-Jun-18 07:48:25

`Morning all,this cafe seems to be sprouting!!!

Would you believe it,we have grey skies and rain just the very morning we have a viewer...........and this afternoon we are also viewing a property ourselves.
Ah! well it is all out of our hands!!

Good news Harrigan you are certainly "getting there"

Sounds as there will be a lovely gathering at your Maw`s........I hope it helps and you feel uplifted by their meaningful thoughts.

Wishing you all a pleasant weekend and some sunshine would be a welcome bonus sunshine

Marydoll Sat 16-Jun-18 07:43:17

Good morning all. Late this morning after a painful night. I knew it had to be raining and it is bucketing down here in Glasgow.☔
I'm devastated at the fire in Glasgow school of Art.This is the second major fire in this part of Glasgow in the last few months.

gillybob Sat 16-Jun-18 07:33:48

Good morning Mick and everyone. We have thunder and lightning forecast for the NE coast today but this might be the calm before the storm.

Happy to hear your feeling a bit better harri good luck with the bossy sister.

So glad it’s Saturday at last after a very busy week juggling work and grandchildren.

Have a good Saturday all x

Mapleleaf Sat 16-Jun-18 07:23:50

Good morning, everyone.
All straight at last. Carpet fitted yesterday and everything put back. Need a holiday to get over it! ?
Weather grey and damp here this morning. Not a lot planned for today.
Enjoy yours, whatever you are going to be doing.

NanKate Sat 16-Jun-18 07:20:32

Hi Kitty Can I be Dr Watson to your Sherlock ? ?

NanKate Sat 16-Jun-18 07:19:20

Morning Mick and All.

Cloudy in South Bucks but feels warm.

Quietist day planned but I will fit in watching some tennis from Stuggart. I wish this choice of telly viewing had been available to my mum, she would have loved it.

How lovely Maw your family coming together for Paw ?

kittylester Sat 16-Jun-18 07:16:19

Morning all,

Its pickling down in north Leicestershire. We have a couple of grandchildren overnight so expect to be very tired tomorrow!

There appear to be a few good morning threads - I'm off to investigate.

harrigran Sat 16-Jun-18 07:03:15

Good morning, another overcast day. Tenth day post op and feel as if the pain is at last manageable.
My elder, bossy sister is visiting this afternoon so I am expecting to feel tired by evening.
Have a good weekend everyone.

MawBroon Sat 16-Jun-18 07:02:44

Good morning Mick, NfkD, Gagagran, Cornergran, Bellasnana and everybody to come. It’s grey and overcast here in N Bucks but fair.
The DDs are coming today to visit and go to Paws grave for Fathers Day. I persuaded DD1 that the DGCS’ own fathers should come first tomorrow and anyway Paw never attached any importance to Fathers’ Day, dismissing it as a commercial fabrication! Touched that they want to come though.
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

Bellasnana Sat 16-Jun-18 06:42:45

Good morning Mick, it’s good having a quiet day every so often. Hope you enjoy it.

Weather in Malta is hot but still windy. I had been hoping to fill my planters with the colourful array of plants I bought on Monday, but so far it has been too windy.

Hope everyone has a good day.?

cornergran Sat 16-Jun-18 06:42:37

Morning mick, morning All. Grey cloud over our corner of Somerset. Plan a catch up day, not sure how that will work as I’m more than tired, physio yesterday left me very sore so a disturbed night. Give it a go anyway. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

Gagagran Sat 16-Jun-18 06:37:14

Morning Mick - hope the nonsense yesterday about your thread has not upset you.

It's cloudy but dry and cool here on the south coast.

Nothing on the agenda for today. No doubt something will crop up.

Have a good day folks. sunshine

NfkDumpling Sat 16-Jun-18 06:28:43

Morning Mick, morning All

Grey and still here in Norfolk, but not too cold.

We had thought DGDog was going home yesterday but have been prevailed on to keep him another couple of days as DS and family have a wedding to go to today. He’s a lovely dog - apart from his ability to go from sleeping sound off to full on loud barking in one smooth launch. And he’s a large dog. Not good for our hearts!

12Michael Sat 16-Jun-18 06:07:51

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey here in Brackley this morning, today have decided to have a quiet day and stay in as I go out tomorrow .
Mick