Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(32 Posts)
12Michael Sun 17-Jun-18 06:19:20

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a cloudy but dry start here in Brackley this morning, interesting day trip today on a coach to the Gardeners World/Good Food show at the NEC Brum.
Mick

Panache Sun 17-Jun-18 15:47:52

A big thank you Marydoll and Nankate hopefully all those crossed fingers and toes brings us the luck we need!!!!
Shall keep you posted........!!

MawBroon Sun 17-Jun-18 11:14:31

gringrin

stevierichards1954 Sun 17-Jun-18 11:07:50

Good morning all
Dull but warm in west mids
Cooking later after walk over the hills

And noticed two good morning sundays with the same title.

JustALaugh Sun 17-Jun-18 09:57:46

Morning all, I was woken at 6.15 by my lovely, but rather noisy, granddaughters. They were excited about giving their Dad (my son) his presents and cards. (He's here too) We've played with Lego, watched tv, had breakfast, played with dolls, made Grandad's and Daddy's breakfast, and I've done 3 lots of washing....... I'm tired already! It's warm and sunny, and we're all going to a local carnival soon, to meet my other son, for a nice family day out.

TerriBull Sun 17-Jun-18 09:53:49

Good morning from a cloudy south east. Son and girlfriend have been staying the week-end and are treating us to a "Father's Day" brunch smile. Older son and grandchildren coming round pm with cards and my lovely step daughter will be popping in early evening with her card and present for her dad. I'm glad for my husband that he will be seeing all 3 of his children today as I know it's tinged with a certain sadness in that he had 4 children and his eldest sadly died.

Hope you all enjoy your day whether you are celebrating or not.

Pittcity Sun 17-Jun-18 09:43:30

Good morning from a grey, damp Essex. Late this morning as we are staying at DD's looking after DGSs. Just managed to get everyone fed and dressed.

Mapleleaf Sun 17-Jun-18 09:26:07

Good morning, everyone.
It’s a drier, brighter day than yesterday.
Enjoy your trip, mick. It sounds really good.
To everyone else with plans for today, enjoy them. ?

ginny Sun 17-Jun-18 08:52:13

Good morning. Rain overnight but it seems to be brightening here in N. Bucks.
Helping DDs 2 & 3 with a few jobs today. All three taking DH out for dinner this evening.
Enjoy Sunday all.

NanKate Sun 17-Jun-18 08:43:54

Hello again. So pleased for you Panache fingers and toes crossed. ?

Anniebach Sun 17-Jun-18 08:39:04

Good morning all x

Nelliemoser Sun 17-Jun-18 08:38:14

12Michael Enjoy your day and come back loaded with lovely plants.

MawBroon Sun 17-Jun-18 08:25:22

Good morning everybody - too many to comment on individually but there seems to be a lot going on, so I wish you all a happy and productive day!

Greyduster Sun 17-Jun-18 08:22:54

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Your trip sounds good, Mick. Hope you enjoy it! A dry day in prospect here in South Yorkshire. GS is still here. We are all sitting on the bed having a morning drink! His parents are expected later for breakfast. I need a nice bit of piece and quiet later......! Happy Sunday to all.

Marydoll Sun 17-Jun-18 08:03:23

Panache, fingers crossed for you!*

Panache Sun 17-Jun-18 07:59:35

Good Morning from West Wales.

A full and rather productive day yesterday what with another set of viewers,whom were very impressed with what we offered but of course had several other viewings lined up.
They have two purchasers for their property!
The rain stayed away..........just.......but they certainly did not see this place in good light.
The sun then came out to grace our own viewing in Tenby.........which was absolutely buzzing with tanned bodies!!..........and indeed the Apartment proved to be very much "up our street"............so it is a case of nail biting for a while to see if these viewings lead anywhere.

More drizzle overnight but quite frankly I am so tired I just need to get rested with my legs elevated!!

Envying you your trip Mick............a gardener`s dream.

Hope you all enjoy your sunday.

ffinnochio Sun 17-Jun-18 07:49:24

Good morning to you all! It’s bright, light and calm in this part of Dorset.

Marydoll Sun 17-Jun-18 07:45:45

Good morning all, a grey day here in Glasgow.
Mick , I envy your day out. As Nan says, please tell us all about it tomorrow.
Have a lovely Sunday all.

cornergran Sun 17-Jun-18 07:43:42

Morning All. Another overcast morning for our corner of Somerset. It’s dry but sort of wish it would rain if the sun isn’t going to shine, garden is parched. I also like the sound of your day mick. We’ve a family day ahead, three Dads together with their children, a bit special as it’s rare. Wishing everyone as good a day as it can be.

aggie Sun 17-Jun-18 07:35:52

Morning all seems dry at the moment , hope to do some weeding after Mass . Like the sound of your day Mick

gillybob Sun 17-Jun-18 07:34:42

Good morning Mick and everyone. A promising start on the NE coast this morning. Heavy rain yesterday afternoon but no thunder and lightning as forecast.

I know that feeling harri trying to cram everything into one day ! I’ve got housework a bit of gardening and a visit to see my dad for Father’s Day. He’s got a much better social life than I have so I’ll have to make sure I get there pretty soon.

Enjoy your shows Mick, Gardeners world sounds great I’m rather envy .

Hope you have a good Sunday/Fathers day everyone.

Yiayia4 Sun 17-Jun-18 07:28:14

Kalimara from Corfu,sun and clouds today.Wish I could send the sunshine helps ease those aching bones so much.Have a great Sunday

Oopsadaisy53 Sun 17-Jun-18 07:08:58

Good morning everybody, raining here in South Midlands. Loads of pansies to plant up today, if the weather clears up a bit.

Have a good day everyone

Gagagran Sun 17-Jun-18 07:02:58

Good Morning Mick and everyone.

It's dull grey start to the day here on the south coast. We are going to DD's for a Father's Day breakfast at 9.30 then on the open gardens tour in their village. Hope the sun manages an appearance or at least that it stays dry!

Have a good day folks. sunshine

NanKate Sun 17-Jun-18 06:58:11

Morning Mick and All.

Your day sounds fun Mick do tell us about it tomorrow.

DS is staying with us for a few nights this week. It will be lovely to chat with him in a calm relaxed atmosphere.

Hope you have had fun with the GCs Kitty. Hope little B is better too.

harrigran Sun 17-Jun-18 06:50:50

Good morning, overcast again in the NE.
Family probably visiting this afternoon but they are also looking for a new car, difficult when you only have one free day a week.