Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Coffee Morning in the Cafe

(31 Posts)
12Michael Thu 28-Jun-18 08:54:53

Between 9 and 12 if out and visiting a café , what is the usual type of coffee you have ,and what do you with it ,any favourite haunts as well.
By nice to keep this on-going.
Mick

Jane10 Fri 14-Sep-18 15:13:59

Coffee and walnut cake mmmmmmm!
Does anyone remember Fullers walnut cake? Oh that icing, that sponge, that flavour...

lemongrove Fri 14-Sep-18 13:24:16

Pretty china cups and saucers seem to be making a comeback, as do cake stands...….cake! drool.

Jane10 Fri 14-Sep-18 12:23:27

I so agree about these soulless chains. I love an old fashioned tea room!

LadyGracie Fri 14-Sep-18 11:35:55

A really nice cappuccino and a Welsh cake is a great treat in our independent coffee shop in town or in the cafe in our local park.

lemongrove Fri 14-Sep-18 11:16:41

Although am mainly a tea drinker [after dinner coffee an exception] Mr L complains that if he orders a latte or cappuccino when out and about mid morning, he never knows what size cup will be given.We go to mainly independent places, and they vary wildly, a 'small' in one place is medium in others, and large could mean a fairly normal cup through to a mug size or a small bucket!

olliebeak Fri 14-Sep-18 09:44:03

I'm new to this site, so just joining in on a thread that appears to have been going for a while smile.

I'm a 'Costa Flat White' kinda-gal - made with their 'Character Roast' and served 'Extra Hot' ................. just wish that they did it in a larger size cup wink!

Squiffy Sat 11-Aug-18 08:29:03

I had to look up Cortado blush!

Black coffee or Earl Grey for me. Our lovely independent tea room closed down sad, so haven’t indulged lately. We’re awash with chains, which all seem so samey and soulless.

Charleygirl Sat 11-Aug-18 08:24:26

I like Waitrose's Americano with cold milk.

loopyloo Sat 11-Aug-18 07:56:13

If feeling good, I have a black decaff. But not often. This morning I will take a flask of coffee with me to the allotment where I will be picking the plums. I hope they are not all maggotty.

Shirleyw Sat 11-Aug-18 04:45:58

I frequent costa and have a skinny cortado.

aggie Tue 10-Jul-18 19:43:03

I do frequent the independent cafe accross the road as well as whatever chain is near bye when shopping , but more inclined to have a meal than just coffe at the independent , I do like to shop in independent stores too , but Costa has the nicest lemon tarts smile

ginny Tue 10-Jul-18 19:21:38

Always try to use independent coffee shops. Normally have a skinny latte.

Alimarb Tue 10-Jul-18 18:54:35

I like a skinny cappuccino (with chocolate sprinkles) and a toasted teacake

GrannyGravy13 Thu 28-Jun-18 14:57:06

Oops meant to say if possible I use an independent cafe, have an extremely good one down the end of my road with a beautiful sunny courtyard garden.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 28-Jun-18 14:54:31

Decaf Latte and a Danish pastry, preferably apricot.

Cherrytree59 Thu 28-Jun-18 14:42:38

Americano black.

Just had a very hot walk home from yoga.
so I'm considering
a tall glass of iced coffee with floating ice cream.

Pittcity Thu 28-Jun-18 14:34:50

Aggie, I'm a sucker for a Costa lemon tart, but prefer to give my custom to independent cafés.

Pittcity Thu 28-Jun-18 14:33:02

Mine's a skinny chai latte with cinnamon sprinkles.
Iced coffee of some sort in Summer.

lemongrove Thu 28-Jun-18 14:15:42

Not coffee at all Mick but Earl Grey tea, and a Danish pastry, especially the custard and apricot kind.

Greyduster Thu 28-Jun-18 12:58:30

Americano with cold milk for me, and buttered crumpet would go down nicely. Or two buttered crumpets. And some jam......

ffinnochio Thu 28-Jun-18 12:57:23

Mocha Frappé

mcem Thu 28-Jun-18 12:39:10

Flat white at the local independent coffee shop or, even better, at the restaurant managed by DD2 who makes superb coffee!

aggie Thu 28-Jun-18 12:07:30

Costa , an Americano and a lemon tart , it has a posh name but memory fails

Mapleleaf Thu 28-Jun-18 11:40:06

A cup of americano with cold milk and a toasted tea cake would do the trick. ?

hildajenniJ Thu 28-Jun-18 09:25:10

Americans, no milk, no sugar. I like my coffee strong and black.