Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Stolen pushchairs/prams

(4 Posts)
Newatthis Tue 28-Aug-18 13:35:43

Many new parents now spend an enormous amount of money on an all singing/all dancing pushchairs. I can see the attraction - they are fantastic and convert and last through babyhood/toddler/small child stage. I wish they were around when mine were little. However, they are also very attractive to thieves, so please could you warn the parents of your grandchildren not to leave outside playgroups/toddler groups as many. it would seem, are being stolen. Some play groups are even installing racks (similar to bike racks) where they can be bolted to. Very sad that this has come to this and now this is the world we live in!

Elrel Tue 28-Aug-18 14:38:06

The Leisure Centre near me has a buggy parking area within the facilities for a few buggies to be secured.

Grammaretto Tue 28-Aug-18 15:18:32

That's very true. I was shocked when I heard how much you have to pay for one .
It seems the less you can afford, the more expensive the buggy! I agree they would have to be chained up.

When mine were babies we left them in their prams outside shops. That never happens now partly because there was a spate of high profile baby thefts.
Now at least its usually just the buggies which get stolen.
Back in those days there were more small shops too which you couldn't take a buggy into.

tanith Tue 28-Aug-18 16:17:43

Some one had a double baby prom stolen from outside the co-op here at the weekend it’s despicable ?