Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good morning Sunday

(24 Posts)
ninathenana Sun 04-Nov-18 07:16:02

I couldn't see a thread, appologies if I'm wrong.
Good morning everyone.
A dull start in Kent, DH off to the plot soon and I will just be pottering and preparing a chicken tray bake for tonights dinner.
Have a good day.

NfkDumpling Sun 04-Nov-18 07:21:44

Morning Nina, morning All

I was up in the dark this morning and saw a lovely streaked sunrise with the last sliver of a crescent moon. I thought I’d cracked the change of clocks, but I woke before five again this morning. It’s knackering. I’ve decided to stay on British Summer Time and just go to bed earlier! It still looks clear outside so another day putting the garden to bed for the winter beckons.

kittylester Sun 04-Nov-18 07:22:02

Morning nina, I started another thread at the same time but have asked HQ to delete it!

It's very mild in North Leicestershire this morning.

We are meeting DD2 and family for lunch. We have decided to try a pub half way between them and us.. Hope it's good!

kittylester Sun 04-Nov-18 07:22:40

Morning nfk!

NfkDumpling Sun 04-Nov-18 07:23:38

Morning Kitty

Have a lovely lunch. roastchicken wine

ninathenana Sun 04-Nov-18 07:27:33

Thanks kitty enjoy your lunch.
Hope your feeling much better.

kittylester Sun 04-Nov-18 07:40:17

Thank you both.

NanKate Sun 04-Nov-18 07:40:40

Morning Nina and All.

Cloudy morning in South Bucks but feels warmer.

Have the start of what feels like a nasty cough. Hope it doesn’t drag on.

Have a good Sunday folks.

Greyduster Sun 04-Nov-18 07:45:23

Good morning, all GNs and Michael in absentia. It is a dull grey day in South Yorkshire - and it’s my birthday! Glad to be still standing and in reasonable possession of all my faculties! DH is going to watch GS play football this morning, but I don’t fancy standing in the cold. They will all come for lunch later. Have a happy day, folks!

annsixty Sun 04-Nov-18 07:48:58

Happy Birthday Greyduster
And many more.
Good morning all.

kittylester Sun 04-Nov-18 08:09:20

Have a super day Gd and keep warm.

Brunette10 Sun 04-Nov-18 08:10:47

Already posted o other thread but no matter. All is quiet here weather wise in Fife. Have a busy day in front. . Hope all are well. Happy Birthday Greyduster have a lovely day. Enjoy Sunday everyone.

aggie Sun 04-Nov-18 08:13:37

Morning all , not looked out yet but Kindle says it ua dry wink

Marydoll Sun 04-Nov-18 08:14:21

Good morning all, thank you Kitty and Nina for starting the threads'grin.
Happy birthday GD, I hope you have a lovely day.
A quiet day, reading the papers and pottering about after a very busy week.
I plan to make a steak pie for Sunday lunch in my new oven, I bet you I don't get the pastry right! Also, I hope DH's hope's are not dashed! It's his second favourite meal after turkey, which he got last week.
Have a great day everyone.

gillybob Sun 04-Nov-18 08:17:27

Good morning everyone x
Happy birthday Greyduster flowers

kittylester Sun 04-Nov-18 08:27:13

Bump!!!!!

aggie Sun 04-Nov-18 08:30:18

Bumped

kittylester Sun 04-Nov-18 09:14:02

The other one has been deleted now! Sorry for the confusion!

Anniebach Sun 04-Nov-18 09:18:31

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

cornergran Sun 04-Nov-18 09:20:26

Morning All. No confusion here, I’ve only just looked smile. Grey and very damp start to our corner of Somerset. Disturbed night so no rush to move. Happy birthday greyd. Hope the sun shines on you today.

Pittcity Sun 04-Nov-18 09:30:20

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Quite mild for November.
A restful Sunday with roast pork for dinner.
Happy Birthday greyduster ??

mande Sun 04-Nov-18 09:37:52

Good morning from sunny but cold Tyrone. I’ve been reading in bed since six this morning and am trying to work up the energy to go out to the shed and turn on the heating. The heating system stopped working on Thursday and, after visits from the plumber and electrician, I now have to replace the underground cable! Hopefully my trusty local handy man will be here this week to dig up the concrete and lawn. I am off to the garden centre today so that has cheered me up.

Baggs Sun 04-Nov-18 09:48:00

Happy Birthday, GD! ?

Sunshine in Argyll after heavy rain yesterday. Our three gran visit to Dundee was a great success though. I think I'll go for a welly wander round the garden today.

Mapleleaf Sun 04-Nov-18 22:41:26

Ooh, I nearly missed this - I looked on the chat forum this morning, and didn't think about where we used to post our "good mornings" until just now!
Hope everyone has had a good day.
Hope you had a good birthday * greyduster* with lots of cake and wine! ???