Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Gransnet Liking Posts

(36 Posts)
Lindylou23 Thu 07-Nov-19 18:12:30

Does anyone think it a good idea to be able to like an answer that Gransnetters reply to questions posed?
Many times I would like to like an answer rather than repeating of earlier posts.
Look forward to your thoughts.

Curlywhirly Thu 05-Dec-19 17:27:35

See, I need an edit button - my post should have said how do you make a word bold!

Curlywhirly Thu 05-Dec-19 17:25:06

I also would like an edit button, can't think why the powers that be won't agree to one? Also, how do make a word bold? I use my ipad and obviously don't have a right click mouse facility (sorry if I sound dense, IT not my forte!)

TrendyNannie6 Thu 05-Dec-19 16:46:56

No I didn’t know that Gonegirl thanks

TrendyNannie6 Thu 05-Dec-19 16:45:53

Totally agree Greenfinch ??

Gonegirl Thu 05-Dec-19 16:45:10

The roast chicken actually means you cannot continue the conversation at that moment as you have to go off and do other things.

Not many people know that.

Auntieflo Thu 05-Dec-19 16:38:44

I know lots of folk want an edit button, but we do have a Preview message that we can use before Posting message.

grannyrebel7 Thu 05-Dec-19 14:29:30

An app would be great!

Lindylou23 Fri 08-Nov-19 12:25:03

Thank you Petra ?

BlueBelle Fri 08-Nov-19 07:04:25

Oh why not ?? ??? but I haven’t got a roast chicken this is the nearest I can get.... a drumstick ?

Oopsminty Fri 08-Nov-19 06:33:26

But sometimes there are many comments on a thread you like /agree with.

It would make a thread unreadable if it was filled with posts commending numerous posters

Greenfinch Fri 08-Nov-19 06:26:13

A lazy option. Surely it is not too much to ask someone to write a short comment and it makes it much more personal if you name the person whose comment you like.

EllaKeat Fri 08-Nov-19 05:54:20

A like button would be great.

I spend half my life scrolling up and down the same thread to find out what 'mumpkins' said that 'bumkins' thought was "absolutely spot on".

By the time I have gone back two pages I have forgotten the name I was looking for. Or I do make it, only to find that 'Bumpkins' was simply saying the number three bus comes at ten past the hour ?

I think a 'like' button may be perceived as dumbing down, but makes threads more interesting when the posts actually say something meaningful.

annep1 Fri 08-Nov-19 05:05:14

I agree with Suziewoozie. But I would like an edit facility.

rosecarmel Fri 08-Nov-19 00:21:26

Chicken ? Yes!

Like ? button No! ?

maddyone Thu 07-Nov-19 23:40:57

Ha ha BradfordLass, I like the wine idea. The hammer grin

BradfordLass72 Thu 07-Nov-19 23:25:03

I still don't know what the thl thing is, it seems to have a pointy hat but is just a repeat of the faces above. thlconfused

What does thl mean?

I'd rather have a wine to denote like but then I'd want a big hammer to show dislike as well. grin

suziewoozie Thu 07-Nov-19 22:53:24

mcem GNHQ don’t think that would happen , they know it would and they’re right., A like button is petty and childish and so would be very popular with some on GN

suziewoozie Thu 07-Nov-19 22:50:39

A like button would make GN an even more toxic place than it is at the moment - although that may not be possible. What Urm said. ??????✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️

mcem Thu 07-Nov-19 22:47:18

GNHQ don't think we'd deal with it properly and we'd become competitive over how many 'likes' we'd receive.
An edit button is another big no-no.
Many, many requests for these and all turned down over the years.

petra Thu 07-Nov-19 22:42:26

lindylou
You have to put the parentheses either side of the 'roast chicken'

fizzers Thu 07-Nov-19 22:33:09

Even now I still look for the 'like' button, I guess too much Facebook for me

Lindylou23 Thu 07-Nov-19 22:25:37

Lol I haven't got the hang of this?

Lindylou23 Thu 07-Nov-19 22:25:08

Roast chicken

Oopsminty Thu 07-Nov-19 21:03:40

I would quite like a 'like' option.

Sometimes one sees a super post that requires acknowledgment but there's not much to be done about it.

It would be tedious for one and all if we all started just tapping people's names and saying 'good post'.

GrandmaKT Thu 07-Nov-19 21:00:26

Oh yes, never noticed. I don't have thumbs up on my laptop, but do have roastchicken. How bizarre!