Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Shortly to be a Gran for the first time

(12 Posts)
Osteo1 Sat 13-May-23 19:26:38

Hi
I'm shortly to be a Grandma for the first time in June and also on seeing the site thought it sounded a great way to meet new people. Would love to touch base with anyone that would like to befriend me. I have lots of interests and still work part time as an Osteopath. Look forward to hearing from anyone.
Sally

volver3 Sat 13-May-23 19:35:41

Welcome Osteo1! Congratulations!

I'm not a gran but I'm sure someone will be along in a minute who is!

GrannyGravy13 Sat 13-May-23 19:36:37

Hi Sally welcome to GN

Take a look at Mick’s Good Morning thread which starts around 6am daily, lots of friendly folks

GrannyGravy13 Sat 13-May-23 19:37:25

volver3

Welcome Osteo1! Congratulations!

I'm not a gran but I'm sure someone will be along in a minute who is!

Hi volver3 missed you 👋

volver3 Sat 13-May-23 19:47:00

Thanks GG13.

Been miles away from elderly chaps being given heavy hats wink

Whitewavemark2 Sat 13-May-23 20:45:13

Hello, I’m a gran of long standing - grandchildren grown up now. Be sure to enjoy every second you are with him/her or even them😄😄😄.

Just join in any thread (conversation) that takes your fancy, you will gradually get to “know” people.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 13-May-23 20:46:16

volver3

Thanks GG13.

Been miles away from elderly chaps being given heavy hats wink

I assumed you were on holiday!

shysal Sun 14-May-23 07:42:37

Congratulations Sally, you have years of fun ahead!

Witzend Sun 14-May-23 08:04:11

How exciting! Welcome to GN, Osteo1!

Aldom Sun 14-May-23 09:01:47

Good morning Osteol and a warm welcome to Gransnet. This is such an exciting time as you look forward to the birth of your first grandchild. My first, a granddaughter was also a June baby. She's soon to be 21. Please come back to tell us about the new baby. smile flowers

Aveline Sun 14-May-23 09:10:24

I suspected as much Volver!

glammanana Sun 14-May-23 09:11:14

Hello Osteol welcome to GN you will love being a nana my eldest is 32yrs and youngest just 5yrs then 3 x GGC so I have a busy life with them,enjoy your new baby flowers