Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Today’s drama was ……

(11 Posts)
Primrose53 Sun 09-Jul-23 20:26:37

My son says I should stop going out as there is usually a drama!

We went to a huge street fayre with food stalls, craft stalls, music, entertainment etc. we go most years.

It rained as we arrived and since we had no brollies etc we went into a pub for drinks and coffee until it stopped. Sun came out and we walked on then decided to sit outside at an eatery and get some food. As we sat there I could feel drops on my head but it wasn’t raining. Odd! Then I saw a bright red drop on my brand new dress. Suddenly loads came down and my pale blue dress was covered in big red splodges.

I looked up and they were dripping from red paper bunting overhead. i could NOT believe it. tried to remove one blob with cold water but it wouldn’t shift from the linen fabric.

The Manager or owner came past and I asked him if he could do anything. he said leave your name and address. I wrote it down and said first time wearing brand new dress, cost £59. We were eating our meals and he came and gently gave me £59. i was staggered! He was so nice about it and made no fuss at all.

I did have to walk round all afternoon in a badly stained dress and bought some stain remover. Someone asked me if I’d been painting and someone else if I had spilled a lolly. Got home and OH tried that plus diluted bleach, plus anything else he could find and machine washed it covered in red marks and …… it came out spotless!

Blondiescot Sun 09-Jul-23 20:32:27

Oh no, how lucky - but that was very good of the manager/owner to react so well and so promptly. Good customer service there - and the fact that the stain came out completely is obviously a bonus! So the drama was worthwhile.

Blondiescot Sun 09-Jul-23 20:32:37

How unlucky, sorry...

Theexwife Sun 09-Jul-23 21:10:22

That was lucky it came out, now the question is do you return the money?

Ashcombe Sun 09-Jul-23 21:19:38

Theexwife

That was lucky it came out, now the question is do you return the money?

I was wondering about that……!

Primrose53 Sun 09-Jul-23 21:29:31

I spoke too soon. It is outside drying on the line and as it’s drying there are still very pale pink marks. A whole lot better than the red stains though. Will see what it looks like completely dry. That must be very strong dye or colouring in the paper they used.

PiscesLady Sun 09-Jul-23 23:20:39

Sorry to hear of your experience. Try Ace, it's a stain remover that has worked for me in past. Good luck.

FannyCornforth Mon 10-Jul-23 02:57:48

PiscesLady

Sorry to hear of your experience. Try Ace, it's a stain remover that has worked for me in past. Good luck.

Exactly what I was going to say!
Ace Gentle Bleach - brilliant stuff

BigBertha1 Mon 10-Jul-23 09:33:45

What a very good manager. Definitely go back there and spend some money in his establishment.

Primrose53 Mon 10-Jul-23 10:06:36

Thanks, will try Ace. Pale Pink marks still visible this morning now it’s dry. If that doesn’t work I may try tie dyeing.

Will definitely go back. The Manager was excellent.

Baggs Mon 10-Jul-23 10:19:08

Drama with excellent scenes and almost a brilliant last act! smile