I think you've spoken for a lot of us LizG, on the communication problems within the nhs. Your experience mirrors mine when one of my adult children had investigations for epilepsy/brain tumour/heart problems. I confess I took her privately after a number of worrying delays. I've been very lucky with my specialist in a small local unit with close links to local GP's. Inevitably, it's being closed, and we're all being sent to the centre of excellence. It is excellent, but I left there because of delays, poor communication and the fact they seemed to be overloaded with patient to doctor/nurse ration. It's 20 miles away, public transport links are very poor. I could go on about the number of friends who have found the communication between their specialist hospital consultant, gp and other health professionals dire. I suspect I'm 'old fashioned' as whilst I appreciate the need for centres of excellence, I believe we need smaller, local units for most treatments, with the expertise of the centre of excellence readily available should it be needed. I had some treatment recently, I went to the local unit 3 times a week, for 12 weeks, for brief treatments. The closure means I'd need that 40 mile round trip with no proper public transport links, when our local unit closes. I can drive currently, but not everyone is so fortunate. Rant over