I can't remember having oral morphine after the first day post op'.
I was given co -codamol for a while and gradually tailed that off. I used crutches for about 2 weeks , then 2 sticks ,and then 1 and stopped using any other support after about 5 or 6 weeks. I have had replacements on both sides.
Suey did you have a check up after a year and did you tell them that you were still having problems ?
Everyone recovers at a different rate but as others have said doing the exercises (yes, they are painful at first ) can make a huge difference. eleven months and 16 months after my op's , I still do them all every day.
My GP was at first reluctant to refer me to the hospital but I insisted something needed to be done and x-rays revealed that the joints were bone on bone.
Good Morning Sunday 11th October 2026
Not wanting to pick up 10 month old granddaughter
Wedding Present Dinner Service.
Do You Have Any Strange Memories?
My daughter is lying about me and editing me out of her life.


