Gransnet forums

Health

Dental crown removal part 2

(4 Posts)
Sheena Fri 11-Aug-17 15:36:04

Firstly thank you all who replied to my original post and gave me such a boost, and some confidence to get through this appointment

Some people might wonder why on earth the fuss.... but those of us who suffer a pretty severe dentist phobia understand just how hard it is to see an appointment through.

Anyway... I've been... and now I'm back. Mission accomplished grin . And the whole procedure (which took around 45 minutes) wasn't nearly as bad as I'd worried.
The dentist numbed me up nicely and then drilled away the old crown.... there was quite a bit of pressure but that was all. Then cleaned up the old tooth, and temp crown in. Job jobbed ! ... The worst bit was having the impressions down top and bottom, as I found it hard not to gag, and kept wanting to swallow.
But I am pretty pleased with myself that I managed, and really wasn't too anxious at all.

Just have the temp crown now for 2 weeks, then the new one is out in.

You all helped no end..... thank you flowers

Jalima1108 Fri 11-Aug-17 15:52:19

Well done smile

I had to have impressions taken the other week, absolutely horrible, I was gagging and thought I had swallowed half of the stuff.

Deedaa Fri 11-Aug-17 21:41:29

DD goes to a (hideously expensive) private dentist who uses a computer and a 3D printer to create crowns which apparently will last for ever. No impressions!

granfromafar Fri 11-Aug-17 22:40:00

Glad it was OK for you too Sheena. I also had a bit of a gagging issue but not too awful. I was actually relieved when the local anaesthetic wore off as it lasted around 4 hours. Am on antibiotics too. Think we're both relieved today is over. flowers