Gransnet forums

Health

Angina

(6 Posts)
Seaside22 Sat 09-Jun-18 21:11:17

Does anyone use the gtn spray for angina .My elderley mum has angina, and is needing to use the spray more often, sometimes everyday, if she has used to twice, as in two sprays, when would she be able to have the next dose.

stella1949 Sun 10-Jun-18 04:06:31

She can use it any time she has angina. The recommendation is that you can use it up to three times during any angina event. If she has several angina attacks in a day, she can use the spray three times during each attack. The drug in the spray is very safe - using it several times in a day is fine.

Seaside22 Sun 10-Jun-18 06:14:38

Thank you Stella, we were worried last night, the first two sprays didn't take the pain away fully, and I want sure what to do, so said she should get into bed , relax, and try another spray before going to sleep.Haven't had a call through the night, so will be visiting today, see how she's getting on .

Nanabilly Sun 10-Jun-18 07:46:35

I think it might be time for your mum to get checked out at her gp if her spray is being used more frequently on a regular basis , her meds might need reviewing .
Does she get a massive headache when she used it a lot?
Is she using it correctly is she pressing it down fully and putting it under her tongue for best effect?

Seaside22 Sun 10-Jun-18 09:17:50

Thanks Nana.The nurse showed her how to use it, but she is very forgetful lately, her BP medication has recently been increased, but she's refusing to take the new dose, I'll be visiting her this morning, going to have my work cut out, she's very stubborn .

Seaside22 Sun 10-Jun-18 09:19:32

She does get a headache, but takes paracetamol at the same time, so it's not too bad.