Gransnet forums

Health

The Black Dog Gang

(1001 Posts)
oldbatty Sun 16-Sep-18 13:15:37

Come on board if you feel like or if you are working your way out of it.

Its such a rotten, lonely thing. Perhaps we can support each other here.

downtoearth Wed 05-Dec-18 08:58:21

Morning to all of my fellow sufferers of the black dog club.
How I wish this hound would retreat back to its kennel far away.
Doctors appointment this afternoon to increase dose of my antidepressants,to help cope with the blackness and help me cope with the bext few months.
My wish for you all today some respite,however brief,from this relentless blacknessthanks

oldbatty Wed 05-Dec-18 09:08:07

Morning all woofers.please don't be alone with the beast.message me or each other for a chat.

eilyann Wed 05-Dec-18 09:23:28

My counsellor has suggested Tapping Therapy. Anyone any experience of this? Would appreciate any comments

Anniebach Wed 05-Dec-18 09:59:18

eilyann someone posted on a thread several weeks ago that it had helped them, not on this thread .

I am starting EMDR therapy in January, hope it will help.

Anannymous Wed 05-Dec-18 10:01:56

Morning everyone. I am struggling with anxiety today. My meds have helped a lot with depression but don’t do much for anxiety. I have health anxiety which sometimes is crippling. It’s like tempting fate if I don’t worry, sometimes over trivial things. I have had counselling and telephone therapy but they don’t seem to have helped with this aspect of my anxiety and depression issues. I would also be interested in finding out about the tapping therapy. Wishing everyone a peaceful day and thank you for listening.

Anniebach Wed 05-Dec-18 10:08:14

Anyone considering alternative therapies please make sure the therapist is qualified. There are many videos on uTube showing the movements for EFT , anyone can watch these, learn the moves and claim to be a practitioner .

Doris19 Wed 05-Dec-18 11:38:58

Haven't been on for a while ladies but just to let you all know that I am feeling so much better and able to enjoy this wonderful God given life again I was so unhappy about taking medication but now realise that it's the only realistic thing to do. Thank you all for your support ❤

oldbatty Wed 05-Dec-18 11:53:30

As the young 'uns say Doris ,Cool!!

eilyann Wed 05-Dec-18 12:19:47

annie thank you for that. It was mentioned on another thread but I haven't found it yet. I'll be interested to hear what you think of

eilyann Wed 05-Dec-18 12:22:25

anniesorry got distracted.EMDR

Anniebach Wed 05-Dec-18 12:33:10

eilyann, I start the therapy 18 January, a waiting list because people in my area have found it to be of help. I will share with all what it entails and if it helps

eilyann Wed 05-Dec-18 14:51:02

Annie Thank you. Can anyone recommend a SAD lightbox? Am cofused by the number and variations in price!

Anniebach Wed 05-Dec-18 15:24:12

eilyann, do look at ‘the SAD Association site , they have much info

eilyann Wed 05-Dec-18 16:07:25

annie Thank you again! You are a mine of information!

eilyann Wed 05-Dec-18 16:10:44

Unfortunately it closed at the end of September.

Anniebach Wed 05-Dec-18 16:16:42

That is a great pity eilyann, I found it so helpful when I was diagnosed with SAD quite a few years ago. I am sorry.

Dgrann777 Wed 05-Dec-18 20:00:30

Hugs to everyone suffering tonight......if you feel as bad as I do. Hope tomorrow is a better day. X

oldbatty Wed 05-Dec-18 20:16:28

Come back tomorrow Drann, you are not alone.

eilyann Fri 07-Dec-18 09:52:53

I have been trying to research SAD lightboxes, and read on one website that if you have an eye condition you should get medical advice first. Almost impossible to get appointment at my GP's unless arm hanging off (and then they send you to A&E!) I have Glaucoma - does anyone have any experience?

Anniebach Fri 07-Dec-18 10:04:19

‘eilyann* speak to your optician, they will advise , good luck x

Lynne59 Tue 18-Dec-18 17:20:24

Is everyone OK? I seemed to have been doing very well but then, a week or so ago, have felt really low again. How is everyone else?

MissAdventure Tue 18-Dec-18 19:01:52

Feeling quite miserable, really.
I have had quite a lot going on, so maybe i'll pick up a bit at some point.. (hopefully said!)

oldbatty Tue 18-Dec-18 19:13:47

aw, people its just so rubbish isn't it? The lack of light really makes it worse.

What to do? Anybody got any tips?

oldbatty Sat 22-Dec-18 09:55:12

Here I am , talking to myself again. How is everybody, waving, drowning or afloat?

MissAdventure Sat 22-Dec-18 10:01:38

Doing the doggy paddle, batty.
Staying afloat.. managing to keep my head mostly above water, because I fear i'll drown if I'm not careful.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion