Gransnet forums

Health

folliculitis

(13 Posts)
bw4962 Sun 09-Dec-18 17:24:59

I suffered with Folliculitis for over 30 years but finally have stopped it cold. I wrote a book (free) and have posted it on YouTube. The book deals with several other ailments I encountered along the way, but does, by the 10th chapter, explain exactly a simple technique I used. As of this date, 12-09-18, I am welp and blemish free. Here's the link to the YouTube video and good luck. www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6s3gvNKMMA&t=159s

PECS Fri 02-Nov-18 20:01:44

I have already taken the 1st dose and tried to apply a sparse amount of cream confused

Jalima1108 Fri 02-Nov-18 19:52:44

I think as long as you don't swig the tablets down with wine a small one could be ok. However, they may stop them being so effective, not sure.
Or you could suffer the itching and start the tablets on Monday.

PECS Fri 02-Nov-18 19:49:57

Am away for a lovely old mates get together this weekend . Do not drink much anyway but may have to be TT ..need to read the small print to see if I can have a small glass of wine!

Jalima1108 Fri 02-Nov-18 19:34:49

hmm well, it's supposed to be applied very thinly

and as the weather is getting colder you could wear a hat (bobble hat?).
I'm going to hunt for mine ready for Bonfire Night.

PECS Fri 02-Nov-18 18:27:58

Well helpful GP has prescribed a course of antibiotics and some hydrocortisone cream. Fingers crossed it reduces the irritation soon. Not sure how I will apply the cream.. although my crazy curls have thinned a bit.. I still have a lot of hair when it comes to getting through to the scalp confused

Jalima1108 Fri 02-Nov-18 16:12:12

I will pm you

PECS Fri 02-Nov-18 16:09:30

Yes It is same as Tony Benn had (who I admired) & as my consultant told me, the least worrying leukaemia to have if you have to have leukaemia confused
Many people have CLL and are undiagnosed. Mine found as a result of a routine blood test (one of those MOTs when you get to 60!) I have not, until now, had any symptoms since diagnosis 6 years ago. I have managed to get an appointment with GP in an hour..I will let you know if she has any good advice re itchy scalp!

Jalima1108 Fri 02-Nov-18 15:57:48

CLL - Is this the same condition that Tony Benn had? The words about it in his autobiography were very reassuring.

Jalima1108 Fri 02-Nov-18 15:56:11

This is what I think I had many years ago when I was pregnant. It was unbearably itchy, on my face and kept me awake at night too. The GP offered no solution except soothing words and in the end I got very cross with him and he stared at me, picked up the phone and made an appointment with a consultant for the next day.

The treatment was a long course of antibiotics but, of course, I couldn't have them until after I had the baby and finished breast-feeding, so I was offered a steroid cream in the meantime. I think it is caused by a staph. infection so mine did need antibiotics unfortunately.

I thought it was hormonal but perhaps it occurs when your immune system is a bit low.

Missterious Fri 02-Nov-18 08:22:05

My sympathies Pecs, I had this earlier in the year, I thought my Lichen Planus had flared up again. The itching was terrible and seemed to last for ages. I used a good proprietary shampoo for itchy scalps but to be honest I don't think it did much good. Have you been to your GP? I didn't go, but I wish I had as it might have eased things a little.

kittylester Fri 02-Nov-18 08:19:56

Hi PECS. I'm sorry you are suffering with this. I know absolutely nothing about your illness but I get a really itchy scalp if I use the same shampoo for too long. Might be worth a try.

Sorry if I'm way off the mark! I hope someone else can help.

PECS Thu 01-Nov-18 23:18:47

Am suffering from this on my scalp/ neck..possibly as a symptom of having CLL. Very annoying as possibly a sign the condition is moving on.☹ Any one got any tips for reducing the hideous itching?