Gransnet forums

Health

NEW THINGS NOVEMBER - ACTION CALENDAR

(18 Posts)
mrsmopp Sun 02-Dec-18 16:54:06

???

Kateykrunch Sun 02-Dec-18 10:41:43

Mrsmopp, Novembers tasks where more health related and Decembers is more random......I’m waving ?, can you see me yet?

mrsmopp Sat 01-Dec-18 23:38:25

Katy, why did you flip from Health to Chat?
No wonder we cant find you, you're playing hide and seek!
??? Off to Chat now, see you there...

Kateykrunch Sat 01-Dec-18 18:28:59

Hi Annie, its in Chat, heading is December Action for Happiness Calendar, hope you track it down.

Anniebach Sat 01-Dec-18 14:31:51

I too missed the November calendar, can’t find the December

Kateykrunch Sat 01-Dec-18 13:52:45

mrsmop, I have put a new one on for December, so outta bed you get lol.

mrsmopp Sat 01-Dec-18 09:08:32

Oh no! I've only just found this and it's December now.
So I'm too late to do it. Might as well go back to bed for a lie-in.
This could be a great idea for New Year Resolution, yes?

Happiyogi Sun 11-Nov-18 17:36:43

Kateykrunch, I think this will be more successful for me if I choose a task that I'm able to do on a particular day. That way I don't risk failure and giving up completely. Maybe this approach could help others stay involved too. As the saying goes, don't let 'perfection' be the enemy of the 'good'!

Kateykrunch Sun 11-Nov-18 17:01:35

Well this was a big fail! I think the few of us taking part have fell by the wayside, I have. I really must try harder and get out of hibernation mode and get motivated. I’ll start tomorrow........

MeltingMacaron Sun 04-Nov-18 18:55:45

Last night's dinner party was lovely. Nine of us, four of whom I hadn't met before. The conversation flowed and I learned a lot about my companions.

The first of the music gigs included some standard songs but also some new compositions by the band leader, a fabulous singer and bass player. I'm about to go out for gig number two so hoping for similar.

Monday. My activities are regular ones and I can't vary my route. However, one part is through a local nature reserve where I know a volunteer group do regular conservation work so I'm planning to pay particular attention to any changes I see in the landscape as a result of their labours.

Tuesday. I'm not much of a cook but my Saturday party hosts recommended Nigel Slater's 30 Minute Cook which I now have a copy of so going to try something from that.

MiniMoon Sun 04-Nov-18 11:58:28

What a good thing idea this calendar is! I've just seen this thread, so haven't done any of the preceding three days activities.
Starting from today, I'll definitely listen to new music. I am about to go into the kitchen to begin cooking lunch. I'll ask Alexa for some different music, and see what she comes up with. I'll let you know later.

Kateykrunch Sun 04-Nov-18 10:14:11

Day 3 was a fail for me, didnt go out so didnt meet anyone, although I did find out what the other posters on this thread are up to, so I having that. So to turn the negative into a positive...Day 3....met peeps online and got a little insight into how they spend their time.
Day 4 sounds lovely, will report back tomorrow lol.
Have a lovely day all x

MeltingMacaron Sat 03-Nov-18 18:29:21

I am about to leave for a dinner party where I hope to meet some new people. Tomorrow I am going to two music gigs, one lunchtime and one evening and should hear some new music so, right now, the calendar seems attuned to my diary. More anon.

Kateykrunch Sat 03-Nov-18 17:51:19

Errrr Beechnut, you have to do it in date order, thems the rules lol x

Beechnut Sat 03-Nov-18 16:58:28

I’ve already done the one for next Saturday lol

Kateykrunch Sat 03-Nov-18 11:44:54

Hi CT, not sure I can be very motivational as I am stuck on Day 3 as I am not likely to leave the house today! As for Day 2 mine was.....read through a Genealogy site (I got a free trial and will now get cracking on some family research).
Pity there are no other takers as it would have been good to pool our ideas, look forward to reading yours soon x

Cherrytree59 Fri 02-Nov-18 17:05:01

Thanks for the thread.
I will be watching for some seasonal motivation katykrunch

We have just returned home from Grandparent half term duties and have had to put the lamps onsad
So wont be going out this evening.

Hopefully starting from Monday (after a weekend of visitors) I will be able
tick off a few on your calendar.

P.s. I have a gym advertisement at the bottom of this page
Fast work!

Kateykrunch Fri 02-Nov-18 16:27:02

As I have had a few pm requests to start a new thread for this, here goes.....it would be really good to have your input and ideas so that we can get tips from each other. Obviously it is day 2 today, I am wondering what to read to broaden my perspective, will report back on that later, but for yesterdays task my list was 1). Gym, 2). Learn Mindfulness, 3). Try a new craft.
Join in if you fancy and look forward to hearing about your endeavours xx