Gransnet forums

Health

Polyps in cervix

(8 Posts)
Babs758 Thu 08-Aug-19 01:05:56

Had an ultrasound and 10mm thickened womb so fast tracked. Just had a ga yesterday and a polyps removed. Also having a biopsy. Was treated very well, nervous about the GA but all fine. Waiting for the results. Hopefully will be ok. Think caused by combi HRT.

Mollypussy Thu 28-Feb-19 09:46:54

I’m hoping he will leave mine as I don’t want another op or a hysterectomy
I’m back at dr next week and they may refer me to hosp for ultrasound

EllanVannin Thu 28-Feb-19 09:31:12

These things have a habit of returning. I wouldn't have thought that HRT would have helped their cause either ?

paddyann Thu 28-Feb-19 08:53:43

My sister has had hers removed twice and she still has bleeding .As long as they dont cause daily problems she says she 'll leave them alone as a hysterectomy is something she doesn't want.Shes 70 next month and her gynaecologist is happy to just keep an eye on her AND leave her on HRT .

kittylester Thu 28-Feb-19 06:22:42

Welcome mollypussy if you are new.

BlueBelle Thu 28-Feb-19 06:10:33

I think you name is slightly suspect

Mollypussy Thu 28-Feb-19 06:06:00

Meant swab not a swan ,

Mollypussy Thu 28-Feb-19 06:04:40

I had cervical polyps 5 and 7 years ago and had to have them removed under a GA which I hated . Due my last smear and it was so painful to open the speculum I’ve got to go back to retry soon and have a swan taken , which I am dreading as hurt so much . Recently having pelvis cramps and discharge again so fearing another polyp has grown , has anyone had these symptoms for polyps as worried again