Gransnet forums

Health

Joint pain and stiffness

(7 Posts)
Craftybaker Sat 13-Apr-19 03:10:32

I was reading an old thread here about joint pain and feeling stiff after sitting or in the mornings and I want to offer my "aid". I have been using a supplement called "Bosweillia" and it has helped a great deal! Started out using it for my dog that is getting old and stiff. It worked so well on him that my "dog lady" (she's the one I get the supplement from) said it is human grade and you could take it too! So I tried it and it helped. When I forget to take it for a few days; I can really tell I forgot!

BradfordLass72 Sat 13-Apr-19 10:44:54

Gosh, that's great.

I take MSM capsules and they've been marvellous for easing my arthritis but Boswellia is about to be investigated grin thanks..

shysal Sat 13-Apr-19 11:45:34

Thanks for the information, Craftybaker. I have ordered some of the Boswellia balm from Amazon. Thought it would be safer for me, with the medication I already take for RA.

Matron Sat 13-Apr-19 12:10:37

Craftybaker thank you for mentioning this. I’ve also ordered some from Amazon as well. I have osteoarthritis in my knees, shoulders, feet and hip not helped by years of nursing some years before health & safety became fashionable. I am desperate to find something that will help because I’m fed up with relying on strong analgesics. Thank you for sharing.

Craftybaker Tue 16-Apr-19 16:27:17

You're all welcome and I'm happy to share what works for me! Amazon does carry the brand and type I use but it is expensive... It is made by Medi Herb and is called Boswellia Complex M1157. You need to be cautious about what kind of supplements you buy as they are not all the same. Some are not made with the correct ingredients, pure sources, etc... But this is the one I use and it does work well. Hopefully you may be able to find it elsewhere for a better price... If you do I would appreciate you sharing it with me also!

Charleygirl5 Tue 16-Apr-19 17:14:16

Please be careful, some may interact with conventional drugs.

Rosiebee Sat 20-Apr-19 10:52:42

I've recently started using Magnesium Oil on my back and shoulder and feel that it has helped. It's general stiffness which is worse in the morning or when I've been sitting sewing. It gets easier as I get moving. You can get it as a supplement but I felt the oil was going to the specific areas.