Health

Black dog gang

(1001 Posts)
Joce345 Wed 17-Apr-19 17:42:47

Please keep posting

Anniebach Fri 19-Apr-19 11:24:01

And from me to you GrannyGravy x

MawBroonsback Fri 19-Apr-19 13:04:35

It’s the perception that “everybody is bustling about” Anniebach isn’t it? That plus memories from long ago of getting ready for Easter, baking simnel cakes and hot cross buns, Easter egg hunts for the children and a family weekend off.
The reality is very different isn’t it?
Let’s look at the negatives!
Grumpy children who have overindulged on chocolate, harassed Mums and Dads in the supermarket or DIY shop, traffic jams, or perhaps family at the other end of the country.
Weekends are hard when you are on your own, holiday weekends even more so but remember you are not alone in how you feel.

Anniebach Fri 19-Apr-19 13:19:50

It is the perception and remembering times past Maw

I am on a low and there is no sense in it. My grandchildren and son in law are going to Cornwall to spend the weekend together with Middle granddaughter who now lives in Cornwall. My grandchildren and the coast, I love the sea, how I wish I was with them, but I don’t want to be there because there is someone missing, his wife, their mother, my beloved daughter.

True, I am not alone with these mixed emotions x

MawBroonsback Fri 19-Apr-19 13:37:16

I don’t know how you cope best with those rock bottom moments Anniebach - do you fight them? Give in and go back to bed?
Could you watch a not too demanding DVD perhaps, indulge in whatever food you like best?
We are each of us different and we (mostly) have our own coping mechanisms. I like reading and playing silly games on my iPad.
But if you can, try not to dwell on what “everybody else” is doing, I know it is well nigh impossible, but try to gain some comfort from knowing they are not alone. ??

dragonfly46 Fri 19-Apr-19 13:58:05

I find Sundays the worst days - I have always hated Sundays and now hate them even more.
Maw like you I play silly games on the ipad which take my mind off things.
I am lucky as I have a DH although he is ailing so we do go out but I feel safer at home.

Annie remember that 'everbody' is not out having a jolly time. Many people are having a miserable time as their routine is changed, or they cannot cope. Social media is responsible for giving the impression that everyone is having a better time than you but when I look around at my friends they all have their own issues. I hope you feel better soon x

Anniebach Fri 19-Apr-19 15:02:39

I am ok, it’s just bank holidays when they all go to Cornwall Maw
I keep myself occupied, Genealogy, Killer Suduko, crosswords, Mahjong . Work for my brother.

Yes Dragonfly I find Sundays difficult, I miss going to Church and miss the fellowship.

We have GN x

rosecarmel Fri 19-Apr-19 15:06:34

Social media is also hub for collecting negativity, reinforcing one's already depressed mental state with even more despair opposed to seeking solutions -

Anniebach Fri 19-Apr-19 15:20:35

Rosecarmel I can assure you , everyone who posts on this tbread do seek solutions, with respect your posts are upsetting, no one is seeking sympathy, we support , encourage each other and share understanding. You have brought negativity to the thread,

Anniebach Fri 19-Apr-19 15:23:52

Apologies to all x

rosecarmel Fri 19-Apr-19 15:28:34

Mawbroom, true to form ... smile

I suggest lifestyle change, you call it psychobabble -- then you turn around suggest the same -

With all due respect, gnaw on that ..

smile

MawBroonsback Fri 19-Apr-19 15:37:30

Social media is also hub for collecting negativity, reinforcing one's already depressed mental state with even more despair opposed to seeking solutions

Good grief, is that today’s Thought For The Day?
Trite does not come close!
(Do you know about the definite and indefinite article, rosecarmel - or is English not your first language? )

As for suggesting “lifestyle changes” I merely offered Anniebach some of my preferred solutions to “down days” - not a cure for depression hmmhmm

rosecarmel Fri 19-Apr-19 15:55:05

Anniebach, I respectfully disagree regarding what I bring to the thread - I understand we don't share similar views to a degree - However, discussions that relate to recovering from depression instead of accepting it as a life sentence are appropriate - Misery does love company, not necessarily of others in general, just the misery they bring -

Anniebach Fri 19-Apr-19 16:00:19

rosecarmel this tbread is for support, understanding and friendship.

I will say no more , but ask you to please stop causing upset, thank you

rosecarmel Fri 19-Apr-19 16:01:33

Mawbroom, my thought for the day:

Your track record for getting through bad days is 100%

smile

MawBroonsback Fri 19-Apr-19 16:08:54

rosecarmel you know absolutely nothing about any of my days - bad, good or indifferent.
I fail to see what you hope to achieve by this personal animosity.

rosecarmel Fri 19-Apr-19 16:22:19

Annie, my friends have and do challenge each other's views freely in an effort to help prevent each other from getting stuck, as most of us usually do - Because the longer one remains stuck, the more difficult it becomes to let go and move - sort of like how difficult it is to get a rusted screw to budge -

rosecarmel Fri 19-Apr-19 16:25:20

Mawbroom, obviously, you made it through - smile

MawBroonsback Fri 19-Apr-19 16:29:28

Do try to get the name right.
And how on earth do you know what or how or even indeed whether I made it through anything? In fact anything about me at all.
These personal digs are irrelevant to this thread and as Anniebach requested, it is a thread of friendship and support.

KatyK Fri 19-Apr-19 16:32:56

Depression is not misery or unhappiness. It is much more than that.

rosecarmel Fri 19-Apr-19 16:54:13

The way I see it, a compliment isn't a personal dig -- it's encouragement - smile

Re-read my thought for the day, it applies to everyone and anyone -- not just you, as you seemed to have assumed -

NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 19-Apr-19 17:16:35

Hi all,

This is a thread for support during hard times, and some of these posts are close to crossing the line, so it'd be great to get back on track. smile

Oldandverygrey Fri 19-Apr-19 17:30:32

Merelina, in answer to your question, I take 30g Mirtzapine (1 tablet per day) at bedtime. My situation is much the same as yourself. I think it helps, as I had a breakdown a few years ago, finding it very difficult to cope. Happily now I seem to be in a better place, although my situation has not changed at all. I wish you well. Just want to add my faith is my stronghold, my support.

MawBroonsback Fri 19-Apr-19 17:47:34

Rosecarmel your posts of 15.28 and 15.55 addressed me by name, presumably directing the comments to me so it is unsurprising that I took them to refer to me confused
Even if you did get my name wrong again.

rosecarmel Fri 19-Apr-19 17:57:38

Again .. In general ..

Your track record for making through bad days is 100%

That is an encouraging fact! smile

Merelina Fri 19-Apr-19 19:06:53

Thankyou Oldandveryverygrey, most helpful. I’ve been taking 15mgs for three weeks and I am certainly a bit better. So glad to hear you are too. I am encouraged. I know I have to reach some sort of acceptance of the situation I am in. At the moment I am fighting it. Best wishes.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion