Gransnet forums

Health

Black dog gang

(1001 Posts)
Joce345 Wed 17-Apr-19 17:42:47

Please keep posting

SparklyGrandma Sat 25-May-19 20:18:43

Hi everyone hi Annie glad you got to choose plants with lovely granddaughter holding her phone up? And space for chairs out the front.

Another Bank Holiday grrr. Tummy upset gone but tired, cousins maybe visiting tomorrow but the talking thing is you know...

Good news is my hb1c is down by 15 points after cutting out lunch 6 months ago.

I will be thinking of those of us for who any weekend is hard, never mind an extra day flowers

nanny2507 Sat 25-May-19 20:05:26

i,m ok. hubs is irritating me tonight ha ha. i have no clue why. i have signed up to a thingy its run by some people and its a dietitian and low impact exercise to help with my weight. I need to loose a lot but i,m worried about going cold turkey on sweets and sugar, but if i have them i will eat the lot in one sitting??

Doodle Sat 25-May-19 20:02:11

Oh * annie* so pleased for you to have a nice day. I hope we get some warm gentle days so you can sit in your chairs and watch the world go by.

Anniebach Sat 25-May-19 18:58:40

Had the most wonderful morning. Younger granddaughter went to garden centre for me and FaceTimed me, such a surprise, I chose my plants myself .

Son in law who isn’t has been and moved Fred so I now have
space to have garden tubs and chairs , will sit out there and perhaps will meet neighbours in the Cul de Sac.

Gardener didn’t turn up.

How is everyone ?

nanny2507 Sat 25-May-19 17:47:14

aww honeysuckle how gorgeous. i bought a couple of lillac plants the other day and they smell amazing. I hope it wasnt too overwhelming today annie xx

Anniebach Sat 25-May-19 10:30:02

Good morning friends x

I am anxious, so use to seeing very few people, today
younger granddaughter coming to help with bedding plants, son in law who isn’t coming to move Fred and advise
on placement of hand rail, gardener coming to sort out garden pots and plant honeysuckle against the ugly new fence,

An grateful but a lot of talking in one day

Anniebach Fri 24-May-19 22:15:14

nannie so the new visitor is ‘a little piggy . ?

nanny2507 Fri 24-May-19 22:10:53

how are you today annie. off to bed now sleeping with my other cat again tonight. Hubs not liking it but hey who cares x

nanny2507 Fri 24-May-19 22:09:36

hubs saw mouse..running away as usual grin new visitor is a lady down the streets cat called sooty..apparently he is a little pig!

Anniebach Fri 24-May-19 22:07:44

nanny there are cruel people but there are kind people too. It’s quite possible if your kitten was stolen it could have been by someone who doesn’t know you, it was cruel but not done to cause you hurt.

Have you seen mouse today ? .or the new little visitor?

Anniebach Fri 24-May-19 22:02:26

Joce, I asked if you were not good my love, I thought something wasn’t good for you yesterday, you have been very low ? Anything caused it or is a down time ?

Joce345 Fri 24-May-19 21:44:41

Aww no Annie, do you think we are all the same I have done nothing but cry for the last 2 days. Can I ask what’s troubleing you my friend

Nanny There is some nasty people out there hope you feel better soon

nanny2507 Fri 24-May-19 21:23:50

a fair day today...at work all weekend so that will be tough. Had a little cry this evening just couldnt stop the tears falling. 8 weeks since someone stole my kitten. 8 weeks since someone ripped my heart out. 8 weeks since i have felt i,d rather die than live in a world where someone can do that to me. x

nanny2507 Fri 24-May-19 21:20:53

hello joce..whats up xx

Anniebach Fri 24-May-19 20:52:48

Not good Joce ?

Joce345 Fri 24-May-19 20:47:13

Evening all how is everyone hope you or feeling better than me.

Anniebach Fri 24-May-19 19:43:22

Another Bank Holiday, I hope those who found the one a few weeks ago difficult, it will pass as did the one in early May .

Who has plans ?

MaggieTulliver Fri 24-May-19 11:58:36

Nonnie, yes you're right about GPs. There's only so much they can do under the present system. I was listening to R4 this morning and they had a very interesting chap on (who was previously called the "Happiness Czar") who said that in terms of happiness, people rated mental health as the top priority (followed by physical health, then family and then income). For this reason, he thinks it's vital that the government puts more money behind mental health. I won't hold my breath.

Joce345 Fri 24-May-19 11:26:25

Morning all. Hi Annie how are you doing.. sorry I haven’t been in touch but had a lot to deal with the last few days.. do hope every one is staying strong..

Annie have you managed a walk down your path/ garden do hope so.. happy day to you all ?

Anniebach Fri 24-May-19 11:11:13

Hello Sparkle

wot what a bummer, try not to let it drag you down, difficult I know only too well. X

Nonnie Fri 24-May-19 11:09:57

nanny I hope that keeps moving forward.

Maggie I can understand how hard it is for GPs, especially as they are getting more and more people coming in with depression. I heard a professor on the radio talking about 'inflation' in mental illness. He was sure there were a lot of people just facing the normal ups and downs who were claiming they were ill. I maintain that we have to go back and back until the GP takes us seriously, not because they don't care but because it is very hard to diagnose within short appointments.

wot Fri 24-May-19 10:46:08

Sorry, but I am peed off today. The fourth gardener who was supposed to come and do some (paid) work in my garden has cancelled due to him having "a massive influx of spraying work" to do. Didn't realise he was working for a farmer.

SparklyGrandma Fri 24-May-19 10:30:33

Good morning everyone x Anniebach x

Anniebach Fri 24-May-19 10:22:31

Good morning friends x

Dawn22 Thu 23-May-19 23:37:47

Sleep well everyone and we must remember that worry does not help any situation at all. Good night all from Dawn

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion