Gransnet forums

Health

Retinol Vein Occlusion.

(5 Posts)
Gymstagran Thu 16-May-19 18:00:32

I had one many years ago before treatment was available on NHS. The Macular Society has a leaflet on it and outcome will differ depending on whether is in a branch vein or the central vein. I would wait to see what the consultant says as everyone is different.

Kupari45 Thu 16-May-19 14:57:56

John, many thanks for suggesting RNIB website. I had lots of my questions answered after reading article on R V O.

JohnRNIB Tue 14-May-19 09:37:28

Hi Kupari - RNIB's Helpline (0303 123 9999) can put you through to the Eye Health Information Service, who can talk you through your diagnosis, and where you can find support.

BlueSky Mon 13-May-19 09:25:06

Hi Kupari no personal experience but I didn't want to ignore your post. By googling the complaint looks as if while it's not reversible it is manageable, you are already been seen so you are in the best possible hands. Good luck!

Kupari45 Sun 12-May-19 16:25:56

Weny to see optician on thursday as I have all sorts of squiggles and shapes appearing in right eye. She sent me to Eye Casualty clinic that day.
After all sorts of tests I was diagnosed with the above. Told I will receive appointment to see Consultant.
Has anyone heard of this complaint and does it effect your eye sight long term (Will I lose sight in this eye eventually.
Not sure what to expect.