Gransnet forums

Health

Black dog gang 2..

(1001 Posts)
SparklyGrandma Sat 25-May-19 20:20:03

Hello everyone...

Anniebach Mon 19-Aug-19 21:44:58

Hi all x

I am upset, a friend, she lives in Cornwall, phoned me today .

She is undergoing chemotherapy, two weeks ago she was dozing in her living room, fancied a cup of tea so went to her garage to ask her husband if he wanted a cuppa, he was working on his car, the car fell on him , he was dead.

She was very dependent on him, is waking in the night frightened , took ages to explain to her she is suffering shock and grief. So sad. Her only son lives in America. I wish I could visit her but impossible.

Just needed to share x

Nonnie Mon 19-Aug-19 12:34:56

Both nannys - a lot to cope with, sympathy from me.

Good luck all with the mindfulness, if it works for you I might give it another go.

A silly little thing but it seems to lighten my mood sometimes. DH and I have reached the age of answering the TV, not always pleasantly and sometimes quite critically. At other times we pick up a phrase and use it for fun. Last night's Poldark gave us a new one, we have no idea what 'fettled fork' is but now we will eat with nothing else! When the family hears us they will think we have finally lost the plot! Sometimes they think we have been caught by predictive text but it is some word we have liked. Raining heavily is now 'persisting down'. Second childhood? Probably

Joce345 Mon 19-Aug-19 10:02:03

The book I’m reading is Ruby Wax how to be human. Like Doole says there are many videos, not sure how many books.

Had a lovely day out with my daughter son in law and grandchildren yesterday, Fountains Abby beautiful place. Very tied today but well worth it...

nanny2507 Mon 19-Aug-19 08:54:33

Ah annie my beautiful little Marshall is settling in so well. Hes a ray of sunshine.

Anniebach Sun 18-Aug-19 22:06:59

Joce that is great, keep it up x

Joce345 Sun 18-Aug-19 22:03:47

Evening all I am loving the mindfulness. Just hope it lasts

Doodle Sun 18-Aug-19 22:01:10

Hi annie there are many videos of her. The one I watched was called Ruby Wax on mindfullness it had The school of life as a name in the corner. If you are interested, the book I got on kindle is also available as an audio book.

Sleep well one and all x

Anniebach Sun 18-Aug-19 21:50:35

Hello stcherinewt I play Words With Friends with my younger daughter and get so cross with some words which are allowed

Anniebach Sun 18-Aug-19 21:44:39

Hi all x

nanny28, weddings can be stressful, it will pass x

Doodle, on uTube ? I shall watch to morrow x

nanny25, perhaps a visit to your GP, possibly depression, how is the new arrival settling in ? X

stcherinewt Sun 18-Aug-19 19:42:48

I play Words With Friends with my younger daughter and get rather annoyed at some of the words allowed . I listen to

Doodle Sun 18-Aug-19 17:25:24

Thank you eilyann your kindness is much appreciated. ?

nanny2507 Sun 18-Aug-19 17:23:19

Not a good afternoon again I cant stop the tears falling. I am missing babycakes so much today

eilyann Sun 18-Aug-19 16:11:16

Doodle My DD2 the one I told you about, is a great fan of Ruby Wax and Mindfulness. I do hope it works for you. You and your GS are in my prayers every day.

Nanny2859 Sun 18-Aug-19 10:38:07

And the dog keeps barking at me because she wants a walk! She’s had a quick walk with DH at 6am and DD is coming later this afternoon to walk her.

Nanny2859 Sun 18-Aug-19 10:36:26

There’s nowhere close enough. Hate being stuck in and DH is working all day. On the plus side I’ve managed to shower unaided today for the first time since the plaster.

nanny2507 Sun 18-Aug-19 09:45:59

hi all...annie some great news for you how lovely how is everyone today. I,m a bit overwhelmed today with the state of my house and the amount of washing i have to do. i always feel like i have to do everything in one day....

nanny2507 Sun 18-Aug-19 09:43:25

aww nanny from one nanny and dog lover to another. Is there a grass area near you where you can take dogs to play? sometimes just seeing that cheers me up no end xx

Nanny2859 Sun 18-Aug-19 08:34:30

Feeling really low after breaking my foot and starting a new job within days of each other. Physically and mentally exhausted ? got DD wedding this Saturday and keep getting tearful about how I’m going to manage. Also got DM and DD coming to stay for wedding. My usual stress release is taking the dog for a long walk. Haven’t felt this low in ages.

Doodle Sat 17-Aug-19 22:31:10

joce since you mentioned Ruby Wax I watched a video of her on YouTube about mindfulness. It made more sense than a lot of stuff I’ve watched so I decided to have a go myself. I bought the kindle version of a mindfulness guide for the frazzled and started reading it today. I have done day one of the six week course.
I am combining it with trusting in Jesus to look after my DGS and praying the Do not be anxious about anything prayer.
Hope it helps.

Anniebach Sat 17-Aug-19 19:43:11

Hi all x

Yes nonnie better to try and sometimes fail than not try at all. I didn’t ask the physiotherapy dept for treatment just advice and what a surprise I got ?

Joce do let us know how ‘mindfulness ‘ goes for you.

Dawn to go on holiday whilst struggling with anxiety ?

I can’t find the courage to go back to my beloved New Quay,
58 miles .

Joce345 Sat 17-Aug-19 19:30:23

Hope you enjoyed it Dawn. I find it hard to go and then yes anticlimax coming back, always glad to get home got to be honest.. hope every on is having a good evening. Think I might have half hour in hot tub see if helps me chill a bit..

Doodle Sat 17-Aug-19 17:27:47

Yes dawn I do too. Pleased to be home but back to reality

Dawn22 Sat 17-Aug-19 15:10:33

Hi everyone
Hope everyone is doing well today. I made it back from my holiday. There is often a bit of an anticlimax until you settle back in again. Has anyone else found that?
All the best from Dawn

Nonnie Sat 17-Aug-19 11:34:52

Well done annie all you had to do was ask. Shame some of us never think to do that but the worst that can happen is that someone will say no. Maybe I should apply that to my life, try it and if it fails just remember that at least I tried. Thanks

Joce345 Fri 16-Aug-19 22:37:39

Aww Annie that’s brilliant news, how long will you have to wait for them to come to you.. hopefully not too long now

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion